E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official NorCal Chat Thread (#11)

Closed Thread

04-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #4907
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Going to have transmission and rear diff fluid change. Even though there might not be gunk to loosen up, hopefully nothing gets in the way later.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #4908
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Nah 235/35/19, 265/30/19.
I thought Son Tran was from SoCal, I was surprised to see him at the meet. Anyone know where his shop is in SJ or his friends?
Son Tran is from SoCal. He gets contracted to come up here for big events. Awesome guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coding@DetailAddict View Post

Marvin, exhaust still on the car but you can get dibs for sure. PM me your offer. I'm going to get an FJ. Something suitable for what I do on weekends and my dog. Plus they have a great place for a gun rack... YEE HAW! haha
Awesome! Thanks Grant! FJ's are awesome. My buddy who's a sheriff just picked one up.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #4909
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
For any 335i guys that may be interested. I have my VANGUARD v.2 exhaust for sale! looking for $900 OR BEST OFFER!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #4910
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ

Garage List
Right on Marvin! Let me know about the exhaust. Also would hate to trade in the BBS's.
Think my price plus a full trade is really fair. Someone jump on it!
      04-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #4911
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
For any 335i guys that may be interested. I have my VANGUARD v.2 exhaust for sale! looking for $900 OR BEST OFFER!
I'll take it for $150
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #4912
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew
Quote:
I'll take it for $150
$1500 sure.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #4913
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
If a vendor has to resort to attacks and negativity about their only competitor, makes you wonder why they aren't confident enough in their own product to let it speak for itself.
      04-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #4914
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
If a vendor has to resort to attacks and negativity about their only competitor, makes you wonder why they aren't confident enough in their own product to let it speak for itself.
ST vs ST?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #4915
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
ST vs ST?
ST vs. TT aka lol 4 meth nozzles omgwtfbbq oh but we used 98 octane, oh and also meth.

Seriously, near 700 hp is impressive on its own. Why resort to knocking meth when YOU used it along with 98 octane? Just stick to providing your own data...er dynos I guess, datalogs will come later.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #4916
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
ST vs. TT aka lol 4 meth nozzles omgwtfbbq oh but we used 98 octane, oh and also meth.

Seriously, near 700 hp is impressive on its own. Why resort to knocking meth when YOU used it along with 98 octane? Just stick to providing your own data...er dynos I guess, datalogs will come later.
Guess what, I have a problem with using meth as a fueling band aid. Those stage 3 TT's WITHOUT meth just put down more than i've seen a dyno for the ST do WITH meth. That is the point being proven. The fact that your ST uses meth to get past 550, which yes, is a crutch is the only thing that may seem unfair to attack. Yes, I'm kicking the crutches out from under a man with two broken legs. So what, lol. Man with two broken legs and crutches, and a man with two perfectly good legs and crutches, whose gonna win that race. Now you see the difference hopefully. Just because meth was used, doesn't put them on par. The biggest difference is the HPFP upgrade. And this is where the light gets shone on the meth band aid. if you didn't have that band aid, you would probably be putting a lot more power down with that ST, as its good hardware. If anything, you should be upset you have to use the meth crutch and if your ST tuner is such a good company, they wouldn't stuff their meth kits down your throat and all this nonsense. They've sold a lot of meth kits and tunes, but what people really need is an hpfp upgrade and a stand alone. Its painful when the market evolves away from its roots, but that is happening. The piggy backs have less and less of a job here and providing an HPFP solution would reduce the ties to the procede and its 'genius' methanol flow, protection etc. And if people don't need protection from excessive sums of meth, they don't need the procede, and Vishnu loses business. I see where this is going, do you?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #4917
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
$1500 sure.
Sorry $1.50
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #4918
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
Guess what, I have a problem with using meth as a fueling band aid. Those stage 3 TT's WITHOUT meth just put down more than i've seen a dyno for the ST do WITH meth. That is the point being proven. The fact that your ST uses meth to get past 550, which yes, is a crutch is the only thing that may seem unfair to attack. Yes, I'm kicking the crutches out from under a man with two broken legs. So what, lol. Man with two broken legs and crutches, and a man with two perfectly good legs and crutches, whose gonna win that race. Now you see the difference hopefully. Just because meth was used, doesn't put them on par. The biggest difference is the HPFP upgrade. And this is where the light gets shone on the meth band aid. if you didn't have that band aid, you would probably be putting a lot more power down with that ST, as its good hardware. If anything, you should be upset you have to use the meth crutch and if your ST tuner is such a good company, they wouldn't stuff their meth kits down your throat and all this nonsense. They've sold a lot of meth kits and tunes, but what people really need is an hpfp upgrade and a stand alone. Its painful when the market evolves away from its roots, but that is happening. The piggy backs have less and less of a job here and providing an HPFP solution would reduce the ties to the procede and its 'genius' methanol flow, protection etc. And if people don't need protection from excessive sums of meth, they don't need the procede, and Vishnu loses business. I see where this is going, do you?
My point is let your product do the talking. Simple as that. My post was pretty straight-forward: you ridicule someone for using meth, but then you turn around and use meth in your own dynos...on top of 98 octane. And the numbers without meth? Still on 98 octane. As I already said, it's impressive, I'm not denying that. I think it's great that you guys have two options pushing 650rwhp. It's also cool that someone is attempting tuning without meth (although it was never discussed in detail why the 91 octane run experienced so much "heat soak" - not my words).

What's not cool is going around spewing complete bullshit, for example: calling someone non-transparent when that person posted dynos, datalogs AND road videos all throughout the early stages of the very first single turbo. Another example, calling the VFF kit a $10000 kit in attempt to make it seem more expensive. Base price of the VFF hardware with all upgrades is $8000. VTT Stage 3 is currently listed at $8500. Yes, VFF will go over $10000 if you factor everything like tune, intercooler, diverter valves/bov upgrade, meth. But you can't include those in the price without including them in the VTT total cost, too.

At the end of the day, competition is great. It is the basis of driving something forward. And because of that, you will always see this pattern where one is ahead of the other for a short period before the other raises the bar again. We saw it with the very basic of tunes, to the piggybacks, to the stock turbo upgrades, to E85, and then Vishnu/FFTEC released the single turbo and broke the 600rwhp and 650+rwhp marks. Now there is someone else trying it and attempting to raise the bar. But just because the bar was raised doesn't negate the time and effort that previous companies put into this platform. If it wasn't for them in the first place, we may not be where we are today. We didn't jump from 280 to 680rwhp overnight.

I'll go back to my very first sentence, let your product do the talking. That's what people want to see, that's what people will base their purchase on. Some will go with VFF, some with VTT, some will keep going with RB, and some will just stick to tunes, or hell, just stock. But it's not based on arguing or making snide comments, it's based on the product itself.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #4919
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
My point is let your product do the talking. Simple as that. My post was pretty straight-forward: you ridicule someone for using meth, but then you turn around and use meth in your own dynos...on top of 98 octane. And the numbers without meth? Still on 98 octane. As I already said, it's impressive, I'm not denying that. I think it's great that you guys have two options pushing 650rwhp. It's also cool that someone is attempting tuning without meth (although it was never discussed in detail why the 91 octane run experienced so much "heat soak" - not my words).

What's not cool is going around spewing complete bullshit, for example: calling someone non-transparent when that person posted dynos, datalogs AND road videos all throughout the early stages of the very first single turbo. Another example, calling the VFF kit a $10000 kit in attempt to make it seem more expensive. Base price of the VFF hardware with all upgrades is $8000. VTT Stage 3 is currently listed at $8500. Yes, VFF will go over $10000 if you factor everything like tune, intercooler, diverter valves/bov upgrade, meth. But you can't include those in the price without including them in the VTT total cost, too.

At the end of the day, competition is great. It is the basis of driving something forward. And because of that, you will always see this pattern where one is ahead of the other for a short period before the other raises the bar again. We saw it with the very basic of tunes, to the piggybacks, to the stock turbo upgrades, to E85, and then Vishnu/FFTEC released the single turbo and broke the 600rwhp and 650+rwhp marks. Now there is someone else trying it and attempting to raise the bar. But just because the bar was raised doesn't negate the time and effort that previous companies put into this platform. If it wasn't for them in the first place, we may not be where we are today. We didn't jump from 280 to 680rwhp overnight.

I'll go back to my very first sentence, let your product do the talking. That's what people want to see, that's what people will base their purchase on. Some will go with VFF, some with VTT, some will keep going with RB, and some will just stick to tunes, or hell, just stock. But it's not based on arguing or making snide comments, it's based on the product itself.
Will agree with pretty much everything you've said.

I will state however, that shiv is a liar, and being a known liar doesn't help your case when you preach pumpgas and we find out its 94. I personally never ridiculed usage of meth in general. I think it has its benefits. I am ridiculing the usage of excessive meth, there is just no darn good reason for more than 2 nozzles, there just really isn't. I can eat with two forks as well, but that simply isn't the best solution to putting food down my throat in the manner that most people like to eat.

So when a liar stretches the truth on pump gas, and gets the mob hate for it, why is everyone so appauled? he's a great writer, but has proven himself to me today that he is here to hypnotize the readers. He was accused of making attempts to upgrade the hpfp, retorted back stating he had never had an hpfp on the bench and wish this individual wouldn't talk bad about him any more and advocated a peaceful relationship, as if hes the be all end all peace maker here. Then one of his vishnu followers accidentally calls him out stating that vishnu had done extensive work on the hpfp and gave extensive details on what vishnu's procedure was, including the fact that vishnu deemed it unsafe using their upgrade methods, which proves they indeed had it on a bench... Liars.

He is just trying to get sympathy from the viewers as a victim of these accusations, which are actually true, vishnu has NO hpfp upgrade, and then tries to make the accusing party feel bad for the accusation in the first place. Thats like having sex with your wife, then when you approach me about it, i get mad at you for even thinking i did something like that, and then going to all my friends to get sympathy and further compound that issue. Its just absurd. If you want to see it typed out in front of your eyes, go to the other forum where i took a screenshot of all the quotes. plain as day.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #4920
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU View Post
I'll be listing the part out under my private name guys (this one!)
Your grant@detailaddict?! I had my car coded by you at your place over a year ago. I may or may not have been the first E82 coded by you. Haha! Cheers!

Why FJ? Go for an X5! Those things are pretty darn powerful with the new TT-V8's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
Oh, that's not bad consider how much work I saw they put on in just 1 wheel. I assumed they were all similar shape/condition.

He came up from OC just for this meet, he said he only comes up for big meets like this or something.
Yeah, the second I saw that it was Son Tran doing the repairs. I made a quick decision to go to the meet to get my wheels repaired there. I've heard only great things about the work he does, throughout the E90 forums and on a Subie form I regular as well.

All the rave reviews were spot on, the crew did a great job prepping the wheels & Son paint matched the gunmetal color perfectly. Can't tell where the wheel was fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #4921
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
Yeah, the second I saw that it was Son Tran doing the repairs. I made a quick decision to go to the meet to get my wheels repaired there. I've heard only great things about the work he does, throughout the E90 forums and on a Subie form I regular as well.

All the rave reviews were spot on, the crew did a great job prepping the wheels & Son paint matched the gunmetal color perfectly. Can't tell where the wheel was fixed.
Yeah, I can't even spot where was the rash is. lol

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #4922
DZheng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I like day time coffee meets like today with Jace and Jason. Driving each others cars was fun, first time driving a BMS PBX with KW V2's was aweeezoooome cuz my 328i lag sucks!
Looks what I did since yesterday. Day 1 interior, Day 2 engine bay (halfway done)
what did you use to clean your engine bay?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #4923
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabs4days View Post
what did you use to clean your engine bay?
I used Detail Addict engine/wheel/brake cleaner, they're local too for detailing supplies. To make it black I think it's from Chemical Guys, I gotta check the garage later.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #4924
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #4925
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2x 2003 332i, 2020 M2CS

Garage List
Sup fellas.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #4926
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
You get my e-mail foolio?
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #4927
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ

Garage List
Morning fellas.
      04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #4928
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Sup fellas.
not much, just some rando from arizona arguing with ryan. I dont even know how ended up in here. LOL, I say, stalker...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread