E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 60-70 mph hesitation

07-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

60-70 mph hesitation

ok so this one is new. i have ngk spark plugs, index 12 injectors, the red top coils not the r8 ones they are on the shelf to be reinstalled in the near future, a hpfp that has about 40-50k miles on it.
The problem im having is im not getting any codes, I have protools, i have jb4, i have mhd, nothing is coming up. When I cruise between 60-70 on the highway the car jerks a little like it is misfiring or needing more fuel. I know the timing is spot on bc it was just done a month ago, and i had an indy shop replace the cam ledges and some lifters, and the vanos filter. I have replaces the vanos solenoids since then.
I have a new hpfp and a new throttle body in my garage that are only a week old because the car has 130k miles on the throttle body and i know out hpfps go up all the time and fcp euro gives a lifetime warranty on those, so why not.
Has anyone run into this issue, if so, some trouble shooting would be greatful, thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrrush View Post
ok so this one is new. i have ngk spark plugs, index 12 injectors, the red top coils not the r8 ones they are on the shelf to be reinstalled in the near future, a hpfp that has about 40-50k miles on it.
The problem im having is im not getting any codes, I have protools, i have jb4, i have mhd, nothing is coming up. When I cruise between 60-70 on the highway the car jerks a little like it is misfiring or needing more fuel. I know the timing is spot on bc it was just done a month ago, and i had an indy shop replace the cam ledges and some lifters, and the vanos filter. I have replaces the vanos solenoids since then.
I have a new hpfp and a new throttle body in my garage that are only a week old because the car has 130k miles on the throttle body and i know out hpfps go up all the time and fcp euro gives a lifetime warranty on those, so why not.
Has anyone run into this issue, if so, some trouble shooting would be greatful, thank you
Have you done a log?

No codes showing on Protools?

Try resetting throttle adaptations, wait 30 secs after switching engine off and on, then check and clear any codes, then drive and see if the issue occurs again.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
_N54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d

What fuel you running with your jb4/mhd?
      07-11-2020, 07:52 AM   #4
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

no logs sorry, no codes at all, jb4 is turned off and mhd is stock. Can I reset the throttle body adaptations without resetting the transmission ones? I ask because I reset the trans ones and having problems with the 4th gear and still in the relearn process only driven 100 miles. I have a new throttle body and a new fuel pump sitting in the garage, so Im hoping at 130k miles it is one of the two. I will post logs soon
Appreciate 0