E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ECS Tuning - HORRIBLE Experience - Wrong Item, Worst Service, False Advertising

06-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
nyteryda3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i - LCI

ECS Tuning - HORRIBLE Experience - Wrong Item, Worst Service, False Advertising

So this is my 2nd bad experience with ECS Tuning, the 1st one they sort of atoned for so I gave them another shot- BAD IDEA. Read below and decide for yourself if you want to risk ordering parts for your car from them- I know I won't make that mistake again. FYI- I have screenshots of EVERYTHING listed below to confirm accuracy.

I placed the simplest of orders on June 16th. Front and Rear 10mm H&R Spacers. Listed as "In Stock - Ships same day if ordered before 5PM ET" so I ordered, before 5ET (have email confirmation with time stamp).

This is where EVERYTHING goes wrong:

- Item doesn't ship that day.
- Next day I receive an email stating my order was split and that only the rear spacers shipped.

Their website explicitly states: "ECS Tuning will only ship an order once it is 100% in stock. ECS Tuning does not ship partial orders unless requested by the customer"

I never requested it and would have just canceled the order if I knew they didn't have both in stock since I needed both front and rears so that I could install my suspension. Instead, they shipped the rear pair and said the front pair will ship the following day(17th). It did NOT ship until June 23rd. When I contacted them the replies I received were completely generic/random with no actual response to my query or any tangible information. Just stall tactics. They never had the spacers in stock and stated (in writing) that they are attempting to locate the part at a vendor.

-In stock
-Attempting to locate the part at a vendor 6 days after the order was placed.

Choose one ECS.

IT GETS WORSE!!!

The rear pair of spacers that they actually shipped out- WERE THE WRONG SPACERS!!! 20mm spacers instead of 10mm spacers.

I contacted them about this- NO REPLY. I even told them that I would have to post negative reviews about this debacle if no resolution but that apparently doesn't matter to them.

After typing this all out, I literally can't believe how badly ECS Tuning messed up this most simplest of orders and can't even be bothered to communicate any sort of resolution or even a coherent relevant response.

BUYER BEWARE!

2009 BMW 335i 6-MT: M-Sport - ST Coilovers - BBS LM
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #2
Silnismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I've literally placed at least 20 orders to ECS including one last week and I have never had a issues.

I literally placed my order for a K&N filter 6/20 Saturday and it came 6/24 Wednesday.

Maybe just bad luck
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
nyteryda3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silnismo View Post
I've literally placed at least 20 orders to ECS including one last week and I have never had a issues.

I literally placed my order for a K&N filter 6/20 Saturday and it came 6/24 Wednesday.

Maybe just bad luck
I'm glad you had a good experience but I don't think you read my post. Bad luck is Fedex taking longer than usual to get your package to you.

the following is NOT related to luck, it's just bad business:

- shipping the wrong item
- not having an item in stock that you label as in stock
- going against your own companies policy to ship a partial order
- not communicating with your customers

2009 BMW 335i 6-MT: M-Sport - ST Coilovers - BBS LM
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
nyteryda3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Front spacers arrived- WRONG SPACERS again. they sent 20mm instead of 10mm. what a joke.

emailed them again, STILL NO REPLY!! this is how they treat their customers. literally all they had to do was communicate with their customer but that’s apparently too much to ask for ECS Tuning.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
apirumann
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 99 E46 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteryda3 View Post
Front spacers arrived- WRONG SPACERS again. they sent 20mm instead of 10mm. what a joke.

emailed them again, STILL NO REPLY!! this is how they treat their customers. literally all they had to do was communicate with their customer but that’s apparently too much to ask for ECS Tuning.
I have shopped from ECStuning for almost a decade now. I probably placed over $5000 worth of orders from them. Their service was exceptionally good until this pandemic started. There are delays and shortages in the supply chain in everything. e.g. https://news.ewmfg.com/blog/electron...u-need-to-know

However, I could not agree with you more that they need to contact the customers about the delays. I placed an order on July 1st for and "In-stock" item which was claimed to be shipped on July 2nd. After 10 days of waiting, I contacted them yesterday, I was told that they would bump up the shipping and send the items to me this Monday. We will see how it goes. Although there is a shortage in the supply chain, it is their fault not adjusting their stock-inventory system for that.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 11:06 AM   #6
socal619
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

I had bought vrsf cp/hks bov and cowls filters from them and I gotta say.. their lack of communication wasnt up to par. I ordered my items Sun and I was talking to Nathan over chat to make the order. He stated he would 2 day delivered for me... and I didnt get my items till following Mon. Def taking my business somewhere else.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
ccyccm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i M-Sport 6MT

That sucks! I hope they get in touch with you soon, I'd be surprised if they didn't make it right with you. For an item I installed and used for 100+ miles, I was offered an exchange because it didn't meet my expectations. Communication was on point.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 06:01 AM   #8
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

I've been buying from ECS for many years and it has been good.
I think after Turner bought them, their service is going down.

My recent experience was not good either.
Ordered complete brake parts and some parts were back ordered. But after 2 weeks they were not available. It has been a nightmare getting those unavailable Rotors replaced with different brand. I talked to many people, wrote an email as well. Talked to 2 guys from one team and they didn't take any action as promised. Wrote another email, One guy from Turner responded, he was good, but even for him it took many days to get things done. Now ECS is not my first place to look for parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 06:05 AM   #9
Rolling Art
Private
Rep
Drives: 99 M Coupe

ECS should be chiming in here otherwise I won't use them anymore either.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #10
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
I've been buying from ECS for many years and it has been good.
I think after Turner bought them, their service is going down.

My recent experience was not good either.
Ordered complete brake parts and some parts were back ordered. But after 2 weeks they were not available. It has been a nightmare getting those unavailable Rotors replaced with different brand. I talked to many people, wrote an email as well. Talked to 2 guys from one team and they didn't take any action as promised. Wrote another email, One guy from Turner responded, he was good, but even for him it took many days to get things done. Now ECS is not my first place to look for parts.
I'm pretty sure ECS bought Turner. IIRC, a lot of Turner fans were sad because Turner had a pretty good reputation and a lot of people have always disliked ECS.
Appreciate 1
gds52886.00
      12-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #11
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Recently tried buying a fpr from Turner. Order Said will ship tomorrow. Tomorrow came and wenr did not ship and i needed it for the weekend.
Chatted w customer svc, they said sorry it didnt ship. I asked can we expedite it they said i dont think you can get it for the weekend. Ok order cancelled. Guess that describes the culture.
So after wasting day and a half, ordered from fcp and paid extra to have it for the weekend.
      12-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #12
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

FCP and rock auto have never done me wrong, ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #13
NY2ATL07
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Space Gray 335i Cabriolet

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I ordered a simple two filter CAI from them. The order came incomplete as they didn't include the metal extensions. I had to send the filters back and wait for them to credit my account BEFORE they would send out a replacement. The kit was literally 4 pieces with 4 clamps and they couldn't get it right.
Appreciate 0