E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Special tool necessary for N55 injector installation?

05-31-2023, 08:42 PM   #1
e90lorkp
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan

Special tool necessary for N55 injector installation?

I'm wondering if I need to track down the special tool used to install and remove injectors for the early N55s that use a "bottom hold-down device" to restrain the injectors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16574705034...mis&media=COPY

I already removed the injectors—which seems to be the hard part—without the use of the special BMW tool. However, is it crucial to use the special tool to seat the injectors? Or will inserting them firmly, plus the additional insurance of the torqued down bracket on top of the injector, suffice? The screw in the tool that performs the pressing action is only tightened to 2 nm, plus the installed injector should still be able to rotate, so I figure it can't be pressed in that hard.

I appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
Appreciate 0