E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > OFFICIAL: Air Suspension Thread

06-28-2015, 03:27 AM   #133
Mrbenito
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

I'm going to run 18x10 In the front and 10.5 in the rear with 15 adapters all around I'm pretty sure I'll need a roll/slight pull in the front I'll post pics of the mock up
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #134
E46toE90
Sparkling Graphite Metallic FTW
Rep
Drives: lci m-sport e90 n55

hey guys since i daily my car and i dont use runflats or a spare i decided to run a 25 foot hose so i can fill my tires with air. bought the hose on ebay for 6 bucks fittings probbaly cost me 10 bucks. very good mod to have. i can disconnect and hide the hose. i dont have a show trunk so i get groceries hahah
Attached Images

06-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #135
RonaldSwanson
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 e91 and '08 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbenito View Post
I'm going to run 18x10 In the front and 10.5 in the rear with 15 adapters all around I'm pretty sure I'll need a roll/slight pull in the front I'll post pics of the mock up
I'm doing 10's in the front and 12's in the rear, so fender work is gonna be a definite for me. I know there's a lot of other guys out there running 12's in the rear, I wanted to know if they got away with just a really aggressive roll, or if they went with full blown cutting/shaving the rear fenders.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #136
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldSwanson View Post
I'm doing 10's in the front and 12's in the rear, so fender work is gonna be a definite for me. I know there's a lot of other guys out there running 12's in the rear, I wanted to know if they got away with just a really aggressive roll, or if they went with full blown cutting/shaving the rear fenders.
Dat username doe. A+
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #137
Mrbenito
Rep

here are the pics with spacers...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #138
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

Quote:
Good LAWD AzRiz I love the car! Heres a quick pic of mine finally aired on all 4 will post details later.
Thanks man, I'm looking forward to seeing yours done!

Quote:
Some really awesome cars in this thread! I have a question for everyone in here with aggressive wheel setups. Did you all roll your rear fenders? Or cut/shave them?

I have all of my air parts ready and waiting to go on my car, i'm just waiting on my wheels to be finished. I'm gonna need maximum clearance in the rear and was just wondering what route you all took to fit your rear wheels.
My rear fenders are shaved from the original length of about 22mm to about 8-10mm now. Might get them rolled completely flat against the fender wall and have the arches re-painted. Not any time soon, just a thought for later.

Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #139
RonaldSwanson
Private
Rep

Quote:
here are the pics with spacers...
Wow, that is gonna look awesome Definitely curious to see what you wind up doing for rear fender work. Are your rears currently rolled right now?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #140
Mrbenito
Rep

Quote:
Wow, that is gonna look awesome Definitely curious to see what you wind up doing for rear fender work. Are your rears currently rolled right now?
Thanks! To be honest I'm more worried about the front than rear. I have no camber plates up front which would be perfect for my setup!
No roll yet

Last edited by Mrbenito; 06-29-2015 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #141
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
Some really awesome cars in this thread! I have a question for everyone in here with aggressive wheel setups. Did you all roll your rear fenders? Or cut/shave them?

I have all of my air parts ready and waiting to go on my car, i'm just waiting on my wheels to be finished. I'm gonna need maximum clearance in the rear and was just wondering what route you all took to fit your rear wheels.
Depending, if you want them to tuck yes....if you want the fender to lay on rim, no. All I have a is roll. And my lips are one fenders, and I'm cool with that.

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #142
RonaldSwanson
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! To be honest I'm more worried about the front than rear. I have no camber plates up front which would be perfect for my setup!
No roll yet
Ahh yeah, I hear ya. Definitely update with pics, I wanna see this when it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
Depending, if you want them to tuck yes....if you want the fender to lay on rim, no. All I have a is roll. And my lips are one fenders, and I'm cool with that.
Thanks! That pretty much answers my question. I'm honestly looking to go fender to lip, so I guess i'll just start with a roll and see where I wind up. I wanna keep the factory lines of the fenders though, and it seems like most of the e9x's I've seen with rolled rears looked almost 'pulled' slightly..
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #143
Projekt_BooGie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
Ahh yeah, I hear ya. Definitely update with pics, I wanna see this when it's done!

Thanks! That pretty much answers my question. I'm honestly looking to go fender to lip, so I guess i'll just start with a roll and see where I wind up. I wanna keep the factory lines of the fenders though, and it seems like most of the e9x's I've seen with rolled rears looked almost 'pulled' slightly..
honestly if you want you really DON'T have to roll them if you want fender to lip. Only reason people roll, of course, is to be able to have larger fitments, and if you are like me, I don't ride slammed, so I can run aggressive wheels at "normal" drive height which is about 1-1 1/2 finger gap all around so I don't rub, and when I air out the natural camber comes in and tucks the TIRES enough for the slight stretch is visible and the car sits fender to lip.

As for your other comment, I have noticed that most of the e9xs seem to look like they have body work done in the rear when aired out. For mine in particular...my fenders do push out a little when air out in rear to go over the rear tires...so it looks like I had fender work (widebody) done. Like in this pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #144
RonaldSwanson
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
honestly if you want you really DON'T have to roll them if you want fender to lip. Only reason people roll, of course, is to be able to have larger fitments, and if you are like me, I don't ride slammed, so I can run aggressive wheels at "normal" drive height which is about 1-1 1/2 finger gap all around so I don't rub, and when I air out the natural camber comes in and tucks the TIRES enough for the slight stretch is visible and the car sits fender to lip.

As for your other comment, I have noticed that most of the e9xs seem to look like they have body work done in the rear when aired out. For mine in particular...my fenders do push out a little when air out in rear to go over the rear tires...so it looks like I had fender work (widebody) done. Like in this pic
That's exactly what i'm looking for fitment-wise. I previously had a bagged VW and never really rode slammed in that, and don't really imagine I will in my e92 either, once I get my bags in. Thanks for clearing that up! Car looks amazing btw
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #145
Projekt_BooGie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
That's exactly what i'm looking for fitment-wise. I previously had a bagged VW and never really rode slammed in that, and don't really imagine I will in my e92 either, once I get my bags in. Thanks for clearing that up! Car looks amazing btw
If you are getting custom wheels for the E92 9(+20)/10.5(+25) are really good fitments. The fronts will sit +5mm pass fender and the rears will be +6mm pass the fender. So you can run minimum camber (ON AIR) and when aired out be fender to lip. And then if you ever want to sell them, they would be perfect fitment for M3 guys haha.

Now of course keep in mind your tires will also play a part in this. I'm using Goodyear tires, and those bad boys are a little wider...so my 225 fits like a 235 and my 255 fits like a 265. If I'm making sense. So I don't really have a lot of stretch.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #146
Euroboost91
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Airlift Performance Performance Bags F&R
Autopilot V2
BBS RS 18x10.5/18x11.5
      07-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #147
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Thanks man, I'm looking forward to seeing yours done!

My rear fenders are shaved from the original length of about 22mm to about 8-10mm now. Might get them rolled completely flat against the fender wall and have the arches re-painted. Not any time soon, just a thought for later.
Do you have any pictures of the inside of your quarters where they're shaved? I have mine shaved and it's cutting the tires, so I have to ride fairly high in the rear. I may need to have mine rolled flat too
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 11:51 PM   #148
mar528
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: black 2008 bmw 335i sedan

I don't have aggressive wheel setup but I rolled them anyways for futur
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #149
The Maxican
Hola
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Datsun 280Z

Hi everyone, I'm looking to piece together my own air setup soon and I wanted to know if it was possible to rather than do a bags-over-coil on my current coilovers, I could replace the springs on the front struts with bags. (I'm on Ksport Kontrol Pros if that makes a difference)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #150
LowMadness
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

here is my BMW E90 bagged

kind regards from germany
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #151
AzRiz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
Do you have any pictures of the inside of your quarters where they're shaved? I have mine shaved and it's cutting the tires, so I have to ride fairly high in the rear. I may need to have mine rolled flat too
Sorry man, missed this. I might have some pics on my old laptop, otherwise I'll get some new pics for you.

Mine is pretty much what your describe though: shaved flat lip that COULD cut tyre - but never had in my case. Need to get it rolled as you say. Currently forming a lip of about 8mm length, but want to get it rolled so it's half that (or less if possible!)

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #152
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Sorry man, missed this. I might have some pics on my old laptop, otherwise I'll get some new pics for you.

Mine is pretty much what your describe though: shaved flat lip that COULD cut tyre - but never had in my case. Need to get it rolled as you say. Currently forming a lip of about 8mm length, but want to get it rolled so it's half that (or less if possible!)
Did you have the inner fender and quarter welded back together or sealed? I think mine separated when I had them shaved and have heard this could accelerate rusting in the quarters.

The only time mine cut the tires was when I was driving around at a show aired out a little too much. It's only the left side though.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #153
AzRiz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
Did you have the inner fender and quarter welded back together or sealed? I think mine separated when I had them shaved and have heard this could accelerate rusting in the quarters.

The only time mine cut the tires was when I was driving around at a show aired out a little too much. It's only the left side though.
Not welded, but sealed yes. This was done over a year ago and I have had no issues so far, including separation or rusting. When I have it rolled I will re-seal it again anyway.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #154
E46toE90
Sparkling Graphite Metallic FTW
Rep
Drives: lci m-sport e90 n55

Appreciate 0