E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 323i - general advice for aftermarket parts

07-05-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
ThunderXD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 323i

2011 323i - general advice for aftermarket parts

Hi There,

I'm a new BMW owner, a few months ago I got my first E90. I have learned that among the three series mine is the entry level sedan, though it suits me well. I use this as a commuter car to and from work and love the smooth ride and tight steering, much better than anything else I drove before.

I'm posting because I'm slowly doing some common sense and enjoyable mods to the car. I've started with

LED bulbs for the low beams and fog lamps
LED lights to replace the stock courtesy lights on the inside.
I also replaced the side marker lights for something a bit nice than the stock ones.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm having a lot of trouble locating any performance parts for this vehicle except for sprint boosters to replace the chip. I know that many will say don't go down this road, save your money and buy an M.. I'm looking for a modest boost in HP, just enough to push it up to something like 220hp to make it on par with a 328i or something.. As I've read on other posts and agree the initial acceleration on the car does suck sometimes..

The car has 83k, since getting it i've done my oil change and the mechanic says the car is in good shape though I might need some rear bushings soon. The mechanic lubricated them and the sound went away.

Looking for any sort of advice to get me started, also I live in Canada, so if any local part sources are recommended please let me know.

Thunder
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

Did you try searching or asking this question in the NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust section?
You will find anything related to non-turbo engines, drivetrain, and exhaust for your 323i.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 0