E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > angel eye bulb

07-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
RichyB
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i SE coupe 57

angel eye bulb

Hello has any one tried these angel eye upgrade bulbs, bit strapped at mo trying to do it cheapish, I did read LED are not the brightest in the day so nit sure what to go for Cheers

http://www.xenons4u.co.uk/bmw-led-an...bulbs-kit.html
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
I think you need 60w or more to be bright.

I tried some 10w ones and returned them, as the standard bulbs are brighter.

To be honest, it also concerns me a little about the size of the heat sinks on some of these LED ones, and frankly I'm not that comfortable about fitting LED lights (of unknown origin and quality!) that look like they must generate a ridiculous amount of heat into the confined, enclosed space of my headlights.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
RichyB
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i SE coupe 57

Cheers I went with some 64w 7000 Cree led from this very site crystal white is the make/company name they are the business £100 not the cheapest but as bright as the standard bulb absolute fucker to fit but yeah real good cheers Ish if your reading this
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
I think you need 60w or more to be bright.

I tried some 10w ones and returned them, as the standard bulbs are brighter.

To be honest, it also concerns me a little about the size of the heat sinks on some of these LED ones, and frankly I'm not that comfortable about fitting LED lights (of unknown origin and quality!) that look like they must generate a ridiculous amount of heat into the confined, enclosed space of my headlights.
There is no such thing as s 60W angel eye bulb. SO many manufactuers claim they are 20W, 32W, 62W or more, but they are all the exact same and really about 6-7 watt each. We offer the LUX H8 V4 angel eyes and they are 3-4 times brighter then these lights We also have a UK Distributor that has these lights in stock as well. http://www.cartronics.co.uk/

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
The wattage is stated, as far as I'm aware, so people have some idea of the light output in terms of what the equivalent standard bulb is. Lux or lumens just confuse everyone.

There must be some difference, as if they all stated 6-7watt, they'd all have the same kind out light output surely?

What light output a yours then? Do they also have a heat sink the size of a golf ball, or are they smaller?

It's all a bit confusing to be honest, CREE I thought was the nuts, but turns out there's a few variations of those too!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
The wattage is stated, as far as I'm aware, so people have some idea of the light output in terms of what the equivalent standard bulb is. Lux or lumens just confuse everyone.

There must be some difference, as if they all stated 6-7watt, they'd all have the same kind out light output surely?

What light output a yours then? Do they also have a heat sink the size of a golf ball, or are they smaller?

It's all a bit confusing to be honest, CREE I thought was the nuts, but turns out there's a few variations of those too!
Lots of the times the LED's are the same or similar between the brands, but the electronics is what makes the LED's work, so that is by far the most important. Most companies skimp on the electronics and therefor the lights will dim to 1/3 brightness when the headlights turn on. We have worked to make sure our lights are 100% brightness all the time so that they truely are the brightest out there. Here is a picture of our unit as well to show you what it looks like

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

A florist will always say they have the best flowers.

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
^^

Quite.

Another reason I took mine back was because the billet aluminium doesn't fit securely into the headlight, as the standard bulbs are shaped such that they slightly sprung, and you can feel them lock into place.

I yet to see an aftermarket one that replicates this. They are all Cnc machined aluminium with flat tabs.

Fwiw, I like the colour changing arrangement yours have. That's pretty cool.

Last edited by Russbmw; 08-23-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyB View Post
Hello has any one tried these angel eye upgrade bulbs, bit strapped at mo trying to do it cheapish, I did read LED are not the brightest in the day so nit sure what to go for Cheers

http://www.xenons4u.co.uk/bmw-led-an...bulbs-kit.html
I got some eBay 40W which is 20Watt each side. It is very bright!! you can see the white ring on the inside but not the outside ring. best part it is only 50 quid. I know my stuff having gone thur a few different examples.

If you the best of the best, get joshsha's led . they are the Bulls!! less costly than lux too http://www.liteangels.co.uk/#!services/cb3i

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
A florist will always say they have the best flowers.
A florist only resells flowers they buy from a distributor. We have engineered these lights, set up the manufacturing, and spend so much time, money and effort in the R&D of it. I get your analogy, but its really not the same
Appreciate 0