E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > TV Tuner

01-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

TV Tuner

I've got the factory option of a TV tuner in the car, although recently I noticed that when I select this option I get sound of the channel but the picture displays the map of the sat nav. I can change channel via i drive - channel lsit appear, but still no picture.

I reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and it fixed it but its come back again.

Anyone got any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i touring

No ideas but mine does this occasionally. I rarely use the tele so sods law always says it happens when i want to watch it but works fine when I'm casually messing around. I dont think there are enough around to work out a pattern as to why it happens. Mine seems to sort itself out when its ready. Sorry i cant help but i'd be interested to fond out why it happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

same here - rarely use it but the one day I wanted it to work (eating my sarnies) while parked up and it didn't.

Will try a local indie see if they can help out and post back.
Appreciate 0