E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Oil level stopped dropping with Liqui Moly

02-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #23
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Yeah, I understood it as a refund, not store credit.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #24
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
When I have warrantied parts with FCP they put the money back on to the credit card I paid with, not store credit.
Yes, before 30 days or 3 months, I think. But after that you only get store credit. If you got your money back lifetime, how do you think they'd be able to sustain or afford the program? They're not doing anything magical or giving us stuff for free

Last edited by musa; 02-21-2019 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #25
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Don't confuse their Return policy with their Lifetime warranty. Their return policy is just like the industry standard.

How the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Works:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #26
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
The other catch is that you will have to buy the warrantied part first, they ship it to you, you return the old warrantied part, they receive it and verify it's from them, you get store credit. And so in this way, if you need another car part, you will definitely buy from them because you have a store credit, duh Genius, eh . If they didn't do that, they'd go bankrupt obviously. Remember, your store credit is actually money they can trade with and is interest earning, for them i.e. not you!. And when we're talking of revenue running into millions of dollars per month, we're talking of hardcore business. The owners must be real business gurus. But, it's a win-win for both YOU and them.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
How the Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Works

1. You must have a valid purchase through FCP Euro to participateUnder no circumstance will we take back parts that are not ours. We inspect all parts upon arrival. If we receive a part that is not ours, we will charge you to ship it back or discard it.
2. When you need a replacement, you must purchase the new replacement part firstThis is a lifetime replacement program and we will not issue refund against your original order.
3. Once you receive your replacement part, you can send the initial item you purchased from FCP Euro backAbsolutely no return will be accepted without our fully completed returns form.
4. Upon receipt of part, we will issue you the refund against your replacement orderWe do not cover the cost of brand upgrades
5. The only exclusion to this program is empty containers with contents that can not be physically returned. For example aerosol spray cleaners and additives that have been discharged or emptied.
For sure! It's not a lifetime return it's a lifetime warranty.

Quote:
When I have warrantied parts with FCP they put the money back on to the credit card I paid with, not store credit.
Oh yes actually yeah.

They refund your part they give a store credit and you have to wait to place a new order. The credit back your new part your ordered.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #27
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Yes that's what they do.

For example I buy a waterpump for like 300$ and shipping and tax is 30$ so total 330$ 2 years ago.

I want to use my warranty today. I place a new order for the pump so another 330$. Then I return my old water pump once I replace it. Return shipping costs me 15$ I guess?

Then they make sure it's the same and they will refund 300$ to my credit card. So a new waterpump only costed me 75$ instead of 300$.

Actually I'm not sure if they refund taxes to... probably not.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #28
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Yes that's what they do.

For example I buy a waterpump for like 300$ and shipping and tax is 30$ so total 330$ 2 years ago.

I want to use my warranty today. I place a new order for the pump so another 330$. Then I return my old water pump once I replace it. Return shipping costs me 15$ I guess?

Then they make sure it's the same and they will refund 300$ to my credit card. So a new waterpump only costed me 75$ instead of 300$.

Actually I'm not sure if they refund taxes to... probably not.
My experience with them was different I bought suspension links from them for $80. 3 years down the road one of them broke. I bought a new set from them for $80, installed them and returned the defective set. They gave me a store credit of $80. I asked and they said because it's more than 3 months since purchase. But I didn't mind because I needed to buy other car parts (and enjoying the same life-time warranty benefits) so I just used my store credit towards my new purchases. They also used to do price matching but recently stopped. They said that the reason is because the competitors don't have life-time warranty like them.

If they do actually refund money at times, then the question still remains what's the catch? How can they afford giving life-time replacement warranty on brakes, engine oil, spark plugs etc, items that are guaranteed to be replaced?

Last edited by musa; 02-21-2019 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #29
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My experience with them was different I bought suspension links from them for $80. 3 years down the road one of them broke. I bought a new set from them for $80, installed them and returned the defective set. They gave me a store credit of $80. I asked and they said because it's more than 3 months since purchase. But I didn't mind because I needed to buy other car parts (and enjoying the same life-time warranty benefits) so I just used my store credit towards my new purchases. They also used to do price matching but recently stopped. They said that the reason is because the competitors don't have life-time warranty like them.

If they do actually refund money at times, then the question still remains what's the catch? How can they afford giving life-time replacement warranty on brakes, engine oil, spark plugs etc, items that are guaranteed to be replaced?
Oh.. well that's not what I've read and been told by them themselves. I admit I haven't personally tried but I was about to soon and like I said it's what written on their website. Are you sure they didn't think you were maybe returning the product instead of processing it through like a lifetime warranty? That could explain it. Although would be odd for them to think that... only explanation I can come up with..

As for the catch well... I did some more searching and see the CEO did a few IAmAs and he doesn't explain exactly how they make or not lose money but they say it's a better investement in that than using it in marketing for example.

IMO what I think it is is clearly not everyone is going to return their items for lifetime warranty.

Thinking about it it's the part that you just bought that needs to fail. So if you change waterpump at 60k miles you need to wait another 60k miles (when it usually fails) to claim it for free. Most peple won't keep they're car for another 60k miles/100k KM so in the end they'll never use the lifttime as the "catch" is it's only on the current owner of the car. Brakes last a long time as well.

Oil I agree is probably their no 1 cost and if they see they loose to much mopey they might at some point prevent lifetime warranty on fluid who knows.

But there is no catch, you just have to understanding that you pay shipping twice kind of in claiming your warranty which depending on the part can still be much cheaper.
Appreciate 1
musa421.50
      02-22-2019, 04:17 AM   #30
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Oh.. well that's not what I've read and been told by them themselves. I admit I haven't personally tried but I was about to soon and like I said it's what written on their website. Are you sure they didn't think you were maybe returning the product instead of processing it through like a lifetime warranty? That could explain it. Although would be odd for them to think that... only explanation I can come up with..

As for the catch well... I did some more searching and see the CEO did a few IAmAs and he doesn't explain exactly how they make or not lose money but they say it's a better investement in that than using it in marketing for example.

IMO what I think it is is clearly not everyone is going to return their items for lifetime warranty.

Thinking about it it's the part that you just bought that needs to fail. So if you change waterpump at 60k miles you need to wait another 60k miles (when it usually fails) to claim it for free. Most peple won't keep they're car for another 60k miles/100k KM so in the end they'll never use the lifttime as the "catch" is it's only on the current owner of the car. Brakes last a long time as well.

Oil I agree is probably their no 1 cost and if they see they loose to much mopey they might at some point prevent lifetime warranty on fluid who knows.

But there is no catch, you just have to understanding that you pay shipping twice kind of in claiming your warranty which depending on the part can still be much cheaper.
Yeah, any how, let's count our blessings and keep buying from them to keep them in business life-time. If they can sell tires too with lifetime warranty that would make them the ultimate car parts store for eternity
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #31
NathanK24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335xi

Quote:
+1 I also got it back on credit card
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #32
type-dRew
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Yeah, any how, let's count our blessings and keep buying from them to keep them in business life-time. If they can sell tires too with lifetime warranty that would make them the ultimate car parts store for eternity
Oh god, can you imagine?

I know that business model wont work, but god id love to see it.
Appreciate 1
musa421.50