E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 6FL/Armrest USB coding help

02-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
harrym97
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 330d M Sport LCI

6FL/Armrest USB coding help

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to retrofit 6FL on my car, I have Pro nav and COMBOX as standard.

I have all the parts installed, however i am having trouble coding and getting functionality through the USB socket.

I have added $6FL to the VO in CAS and NFRM, and changed what i believe to be the correct options in the FSW_PSW files.

The USB option is now in the external devices list however nothing happens when plugging my phone in..

If anyone can help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated, i am fairly new to coding and this is my first real 'retrofit'

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym97 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am attempting to retrofit 6FL on my car, I have Pro nav and COMBOX as standard.

I have all the parts installed, however i am having trouble coding and getting functionality through the USB socket.

I have added $6FL to the VO in CAS and NFRM, and changed what i believe to be the correct options in the FSW_PSW files.

The USB option is now in the external devices list however nothing happens when plugging my phone in..

If anyone can help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated, i am fairly new to coding and this is my first real 'retrofit'

Cheers,
Did you default code your head unit using expert mode?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
harrym97
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 330d M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Did you default code your head unit using expert mode?
After i added 6FL to VO in CAS and NFRM i went into CIC and MEDIA and changed the USB options to AKTIV..

So i don't think i did, any chance you could tell me how to do the default coding to these modules?

Cheers

Update - from what I've read so far, to default code i need to make sure that the expert profile that i am using has FSW-PSW manipulation un ticked, then execute an SG_CODIEREN job on the correct modules (CIC and MEDIA (combox))..

I'm i thinking along the right lines?

Thanks

Last edited by harrym97; 02-17-2019 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Progress update
Appreciate 0