E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > NEED HELP: 29E0 and 29E1 codes keep coming back

01-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #23
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

I was cruising for an hour at 65 driving calm and didn't drive the car aggressive at all and I got both codes 29E1 and 29E0 along with AWD error. After restarting both were gone.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #24
Jeffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Garage List
I'm still getting p29E0 only once when cold, like sitting overnight. I'm currently running 93 octane. I've been increasing the fuel scalar from 1.00 to 1.05 using Cobb ATR (I'm self-tuned) and it may be going away a little. Not sure how much more to increase the fuel scalar.
MHD Self-Tuned Scaled FlexFuel Map | M-Boost | N20 Tmap | Helix IC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS DCI | BMS Thermostat Delete | CP-E Charge Pipe | Tial-Q BOV | Apex Arc-8 Hyper Silver | Michelin PSS | Cool Carbon Brake Pads R/T | SS Brakelines | ECS 2-Piece Rotors F/R | xHP Stage 3 | xDelete Sport | KW-V1 Coilovers | Turner Strut Brace | Lux Angel Eyes | CF Kidneys | Scoops
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #25
Rickygst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I would check my injectors again. If you bought them new from BmW they may still be under warranty. Assuming they were purchased within 2 years. I'm assuming they were coded correctly. Like other have said reset the adaptations
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #26
tampaturbom3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

Mine throws those codes when I have too much e85 when driving calmly. My bet is the LOGO and that a fresh one or a booster pump will cure it..... At least that's what I'm about to try.
      11-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #27
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sedans

Bump - Wookie420 have you figured out anything yet?

I've been dealing with a recurring P29E0 and P2AAF code for 6 months. Clear the code and it comes back on in 2-4 days. The car drives great and has no current issues besides this damn SES light! Argg, so annoying!

Mods-
Wedge tuned via Cobb V3
DCIs

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #28
msjulesy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Found something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport.Nick View Post
Bump - Wookie420 have you figured out anything yet?

I've been dealing with a recurring P29E0 and P2AAF code for 6 months. Clear the code and it comes back on in 2-4 days. The car drives great and has no current issues besides this damn SES light! Argg, so annoying!

Mods-
Wedge tuned via Cobb V3
DCIs
Greetings,

I have been trying to sort out 29E0 and 29E1 on my N54 for 10 days or so. Pulled the engine beauty cover off to inspect and low and behold the crankcase breather vent hose clips were broken allowing air to leak and getting oil all over cyl 5&6 injectors. Cleaned it up and pulled plugs out to inspect. All plugs were clean and showing normal wear at 10k miles. Secured the hose for now, since its a holiday the rest of the week and the hose wont be here in a reasonable time. Hose went for $30. Feel free to message me if I forget to update you guys in a few weeks after I go through a few drive cycles. I'm happy to assist. Cheers.
      12-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #29
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjulesy View Post
Greetings,

I have been trying to sort out 29E0 and 29E1 on my N54 for 10 days or so. Pulled the engine beauty cover off to inspect and low and behold the crankcase breather vent hose clips were broken allowing air to leak and getting oil all over cyl 5&6 injectors. Cleaned it up and pulled plugs out to inspect. All plugs were clean and showing normal wear at 10k miles. Secured the hose for now, since its a holiday the rest of the week and the hose wont be here in a reasonable time. Hose went for $30. Feel free to message me if I forget to update you guys in a few weeks after I go through a few drive cycles. I'm happy to assist. Cheers.
This is a good place for me to start! I'll take a look around my engine bay and inspect for any issues.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #30
msjulesy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is a good place for me to start! I'll take a look around my engine bay and inspect for any issues.

Thanks!
Update. 29E0 still returning after 500 miles. No driveability issues, just the light. Vacuum tested, no leaks. Swapped MAP and O2 sensors with known good parts, and no avail. I did find the hoses on the tops of the vacuum reservoirs were the wrong size and installed backwards, but that didn't make sense as to contribute to the problem. My next step will be to pull the intake manifold to inspect the intake valves and ports for carbon build up.

Have you found anything on your N54?
      04-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #31
msjulesy
United_States
Rep

*Update*

Quote:

Thanks!
Hey Nick-

I was at it again yesterday. I had noticed that fuel trims were way out of range for bank 1 and smooth running values were the worst for cylinder 3. Last night I replaced a fuel injector seal for cylinder 3. Before replacement, I had noticed a code for combustion misfires on cylinder 4 as well. During the test drive, cylinder 4 started misfiring under load so I moved an ignition coil to cylinder 1 to verify the coil was the issue. It was. New coil, new injector seal and my N54 is finally running smoothly.

I've driven maybe 100 miles now and MIL hasn't returned.

How is your machine? Any progress on the issue?
      05-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #32
Motorsport.Nick
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjulesy View Post
Hey Nick-

I was at it again yesterday. I had noticed that fuel trims were way out of range for bank 1 and smooth running values were the worst for cylinder 3. Last night I replaced a fuel injector seal for cylinder 3. Before replacement, I had noticed a code for combustion misfires on cylinder 4 as well. During the test drive, cylinder 4 started misfiring under load so I moved an ignition coil to cylinder 1 to verify the coil was the issue. It was. New coil, new injector seal and my N54 is finally running smoothly.

I've driven maybe 100 miles now and MIL hasn't returned.

How is your machine? Any progress on the issue?
Wow, very nice! I hope you finally have everything in check now.

I've haven't done anything to my car. The good/bad is that I have no drivability issues, so after I clear the code I forget about it! I can go a few hundred miles before it comes back again. At this point I'm just living with it. If something changes and she doesn't run properly I will have to get serious.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #33
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

I am in this same hell, OP.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1300862

I have replaced so much stuff on this thing. I guess I need to suspect the low mileage injectors i bought but the problem pre-existed with the old injectors also. Guess I need to just get all new coils (again!) and injectors and hope for the best...

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0