E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Wawanesa Insurance

08-22-2010, 02:01 AM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Cheap is not everything; you want good service when it comes time to make a claim.
Look them up, no one is better than Wawanesa when it comes to a claim

They're also the fastest in paying you your check for a totaled car etc

Unlike Mercury, which is cheap and never wants to pay (from what I've heard, no personal experience with them)
Wawanesa pays ASAP.

When my grandma was rear ended, they paid to fix her car that week.

TBH, I hope to never NEED to file a claim, but knowing I get the best and quickest service, along with the cheapest payments, I can't really complain at all.
They're only fallback is it's a hassle to get approved if you have points/history.
We had to sign a waiver saying my older brother cannot and will not drive any of the cars listed on the policy; and if he did and anything happened, they wouldn't cover anything.
this is cause he's had his licensed suspended before
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Look them up, no one is better than Wawanesa when it comes to a claim

They're also the fastest in paying you your check for a totaled car etc

Unlike Mercury, which is cheap and never wants to pay (from what I've heard, no personal experience with them)
Wawanesa pays ASAP.

When my grandma was rear ended, they paid to fix her car that week.

TBH, I hope to never NEED to file a claim, but knowing I get the best and quickest service, along with the cheapest payments, I can't really complain at all.
They're only fallback is it's a hassle to get approved if you have points/history.
We had to sign a waiver saying my older brother cannot and will not drive any of the cars listed on the policy; and if he did and anything happened, they wouldn't cover anything.
this is cause he's had his licensed suspended before
Where do you get this info from, I'm curious? Other than look them up. I don't see any personal experience on it.

I'm happy Wawanesa gave you excellent rates but there's no reason to be all fanboy about them.

"Best and quickest service" - You just switched to them. How is this true? No way I'm saying they are a bad company, but your personal experience with them is limited and should be portrayed that way.

Do your parents have home owner's insurance through them?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #25
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where do you get this info from, I'm curious? Other than look them up. I don't see any personal experience on it.

I'm happy Wawanesa gave you excellent rates but there's no reason to be all fanboy about them.

"Best and quickest service" - You just switched to them. How is this true? No way I'm saying they are a bad company, but your personal experience with them is limited and should be portrayed that way.

Do your parents have home owner's insurance through them?
Well, we have 15 cars insured under them

Home owners is elsewhere.

We've had 3 totaled cars in the past year that we've had them (just renewed actually)
6 accidents

All are not-at-fault
Wawanesa paid us to fix our cars
and paid for the 3 totaled cars
and then went after the at-fault drivers' insurance

This is actually exactly what State Farms did.
But State Farms just charged double; except we had a personalized agent.
That's one thing I reallllly dislike about Wawanesa... they have no personal relationship or anything like that

And unlike an agent, they (the customer serv reps) don't seem to (my guess) get money from you signing up or not.
Since they don't really care to have you sign your car up... where my State Farms agent kept trying to make us sign things up ASAP, and work ways around so that we could

So, yes, it's only been 1 year, but with so many cars, and so many drivers (4 grandparents who, IMHO, shouldn't have a license... no one over 70 should IMO), a teen who just got his license, and a good deal of females..

But we only have 8 on our own family
My grandparents have their own
and so do my Uncle/Aunt and cousins

I guess I've just had a great experience with them for the price
State farms was more personal, and I miss that... but it's not worth double the price.
Like before, we would text our agent, she would get everything handled.
Now... we need to do most of the work ourselves

O well
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #26
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
If u have a home owners policy with state farm that is like 15% off. 15 cars x 15% is a hefty sum. There are other stackable discounts.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #27
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If u have a home owners policy with state farm that is like 15% off. 15 cars x 15% is a hefty sum. There are other stackable discounts.
Yeah

We actually still have State Farms

For those in the family who were unable to get Wawanesa due to driver record

State farms by far was the best compared to All State that we had for a while.

But Wawanesa, for the past year we've had them, has been on par with State Farms (minus the personal aspect of having an agent) and a heft amount cheaper.

So, IMO, it's Wawanesa, State Farms, and Allstate.

No experience with Progressive or Mercury or General etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

OC, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I won't disclose that because I don't post personal information.

I do know I compared Wawanesa before and while I saved a little bit less, (this was pre-home policy) it was not worth the Customer Service aspect to me and the knowledge that my friend would go above and beyond to help me out at all hours of the day/night. Reassurance is priceless sometimes.

For example, when I got in an accident my friend called me before I called him. He received an Auto Notice from State Farm that a claim was made. He called me several times throughout the night and the next day to make sure everything was taken care of.
Anytime you know the person personally, you'll trust them more than a stranger, you know what I mean?

I'm not worried about a little fender bender, any professional company should be able to handle that. But when shit hits the fan, you need someone you can really trust (see Home Owner, death, injury collision, etc).

While I don't have the largest policy, I have more than the minimum, I won't divulge more than that, I hope you can understand.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #30
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I see so you know the agent on a very personal level.

Well that's different.

Our state farms agent, although we do know her, and have known her for years, is not as dedicated as you are portraying yours.

If indeed ours was like that, it may have changed the situation.

before we switched some of our cars, we gave her the Wawanesa price quotes to see if she could at least get close (not necessarily match), but unfortunately her rates were almost double what Wawanesa wanted... and 15 years... 15% discount with homeowners wasn't enough to make it worth it.

They're a great company, that's for sure.

You're lucky you know your agent on such a personal level that you are able to get that kind of customer service.
Appreciate 0