E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > VRSF 5" Stepped: Help/Advice

03-19-2016, 01:52 AM   #1
Mpowerrr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

VRSF 5" Stepped: Help/Advice

A few days ago I installed an ER CP w/tial BOV and a VRSF 5" stepped FMIC on my 2009 335i E90. The CP was hands down the easiest mod I have ever done on my car. Now, moving to the FMIC. After installing it, I noticed it actually sits .5-1" BELOW the front bumper. This made it nearly impossible for me to re-install the big black "splash guard" shield. I was sorta able to bolt some screws except for the front bumper screws. I didn't want to take it off since I was afraid of my FMIC flying off if I hit a bump or what not.

Now, my question: Is it common for FMIC to sit BELOW the bumper? Preventing you from reinstalling the shield. The screws from the FMIC went as far in as I could possible get them to go and for the plastic tabs as well. Its late right now so I can't post pictures but as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning I will take some.

It became an issue today after my shield almost flew off the car while on the freeway lol. Luckily it didn't and i was able to drive back home later today from work by driving on the streets and staying under 40 mph.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
BeeMuh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I have the 7 inch intercooler by VRSF and I am able to install my splash guard. Sounds like the intercooler needs to go further into the silicone hoses. They can get very grippy if you don't grease the insides of the silicone tubes.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Something wrong with your install! If you can't figure it out take it to rob at Socalbmwinstalls
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
Mpowerrr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMuh View Post
I have the 7 inch intercooler by VRSF and I am able to install my splash guard. Sounds like the intercooler needs to go further into the silicone hoses. They can get very grippy if you don't grease the insides of the silicone tubes.
ahhhh!, lol so this is probably what i didn't do "Grease the insides of the silicone tubes".

I will definitely try to re do it later today after school.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
Mpowerrr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Something wrong with your install! If you can't figure it out take it to rob at Socalbmwinstalls
Most definitely, I got my Walnut Blast done by him a week ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
BeeMuh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Yea man you're almost there. Make sure the two bottom bolts line up. That's when you know you've gone all the way in the hoses.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Manberg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08877-Silic.../dp/B0002KKVKC

^ Get ya some of that. I work at a JLR dealership and we use it on most plastic/rubber/metal mating surfaces. Any hoses or lines that have a seal on the end, works great to not have the seal squished or torn as you put the line in. I normally just give a quick light spray, don't need to go crazy with it. Hard to reach places spray it on your finger and rub it on. Should be able to find it at any parts store.

I just did my VRSF FMIC yesterday and used this, everything just slipped right together.
M-Sport, 6MT, PPK, JB4 ISO + Rev.3, VRSF 7'' FMIC, VRSF Catless DP, BMS Charge Pipe, MFactory LSD, Öhlins R&T, M3 Control Arms, Rogue 6MT Bushings, Remus Exhaust, Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Cyba Scoops, VMR VB3 19s, BMS Clucth Stop
Appreciate 0