E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Does college get interesting? I'm tired of bullshit classes

02-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I attended a shitty high school which made me hate college. In elementary school, I really wanted to excel in high school. Well, it wasn't the case when I got into a high school which I never wanted to attend. My marks dropped big time and I ended attending a crappy liberal arts college which I hated almost as much as my high school.

I would rather go to GITMO for a year so I wouldn't have to attend my high school for 5 years!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #24
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

You know, I'm sensing a pattern. These past couple of weeks you have been posting threads about school, and when people come in with a harsh reality check, you flip shit. Next time, keep it to yourself. If you don't want to hear the truth, then just stop asking.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

And FWIW, I hate school more than anyone on this planet. I reaaaaaaaaaaaally hate it. But you don't hear me bitching. I bite the bullet. I wake up, go to school, then come home. I know it sucks, and there is nothing I can do about it. But I just keep on going because I know it will soon be over in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #26
at_boy
China
Rep
Drives: BMW

IN china the College was not interesting also .And many university man studied very hard but the last was no good .Some university man has no job .but the important things were that whatever you like it and enjoy it .....
虽然我们语言不是很通常
也不知道你是那里人
但是在中国
学习一样不轻松
      02-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #27
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

your are still lucky, take a look at this. we called it jeepney. i started riding on this at 3rd grade all the way graduating in college. its so tough.. sometimes if no money. im still riding this but not inside sitting. just like the man hanging on the pic. holding just one hand and my other hand is holding notebook.. luckily no accident whatever happened during those days..though some of my classmates had an accident falling on to the jeepney..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
I'm finishing up Lower Division (GE's) this semester, I'm doing all Major classes at USC and got approved to take GE's at local community college. Major classes are absolutely a bliss to be part of it and the topics we discuss and "are being taught" are very interesting. All in all, I agree with you GE's are bs...
      02-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #29
at_boy
China
Rep
Drives: BMW

You have great friends ,like me like we are.
so come on come up
      02-24-2009, 04:31 AM   #30
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by at_boy View Post
so come on come up
We friends like uh we are uh like uh come uh to do the uh uh uh uh uh
      02-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #31
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
What's your major? I think that college has been treating me pretty well. What don't you find interesting about college? Is it the class or "college life"? If it's the college experience itself, you might consider ... um.... more parties? (I'm not trying to ruin your life here, but parties are important. You learn much better when you are happy.) You might wanna change your friends. Hang out with the people that are sociable so that you can build up your network. I'm not trying to be mean here, but hanging out with the dungeons and dragons kid or the asian in the corner who looks like that he about to pull another Virginia tech is straight up social suicide. I happen to be quite good at math and physics and that landed me a teaching assistance position in the physics department. It pays well, but the bad part is now the bunch of chinese TA recognize me. They are nice and all but just plain lame. When they wave to me from all the way across campus, the best policy is to ignore them. Remember the nice picture in your college brochure where the blonds, the neards, the football players, and the cheerleaders sit and hangout together.... seemingly involved in some discussion....It's a LIE!!! That will never happen. Once you are seen with lame geeks, other will reject you. So the moral of the story? Choose your friends wisely. It will drastically improve your college life.
I disagree with you on this....

I think everyone needs friends from diverse categories and not specifically from one group. Usually for me, the "party animal" friends dont fit well in my study groups nor do my "nerdy" friends fit well in the house party where everyone is drinking, passing out, being stupid. Just keep certain friends away from your other friends as personalities will collide and can cause conflict.

I have some had some craziest parties in my college life (thank you my party friends), some of the craziest fights (thank you my thuggish friends who never went to college, yet alone graduated from high school), and some of the greatest come backs in school grades which im about to get an electrical engineer degree (thank you "nerdy" friends)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #32
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
I had the option of waiting and going through Officer Candidate School or going through the Green to Gold program immediately. The time difference isn't much different due to the wait list for OCS, but I chose ROTC because honestly I needed a break from the Army life. I've gone through multiple military schools, been in charge of sections and soldiers for almost 10 years. Now I'm a contractor working at the same spot I was working at while I was in. I'm loving ROTC and being in college. Do I have to worry about money? Everyone does, especially with the current economic climate, but thats why people have savings.

I haven't been this happy in a while and I'm grateful for the opportunity. In a year and a half i'll be a 2LT and recharged and ready to rock. I have no problems staying awake in class because I want my future to be the best it can be. For me and my future family. If I was so easily discourage, i wouldve just stayed enlisted and kept doing something I was tired of doing.

If you really really want something, then work for it. Don't lose sight of your goal. When you're in your MS III year getting ready for LDAC, that'll be one of the most important events of your life.
      02-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #33
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Maybe the reason why I am not soaking up things in my classes is because I don't give a fuck about them because I will never do ANYTHING with them in the real world? When does college start to get self motivating because I will be applying shit to something...
never my friend. I am a finance major in my last semester and already finished all my business classes. this last semester i'm taking classes like english, science of computer music, criminal justice, and political science. I'm averaging like a C+ right now. Every class is so damn boring i'm just not interested. I don't even remember anything from the other semesters.

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
Tommiexboi
Mod whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Sold :( Audi A4 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
the "Real World" sux balls...college (like it or not) is the best time of your life...it is all downhill after that...sad to say
SPOT ON! I wish i was back in college.... best time of my life
E93 2011 M3 - Sold
B8 A4 - WTF?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #35
G5Ti
Purveyor of fine roads.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

As a veteran of multiple degree programs, I can assure you higher education is a joke. Sadly, it's a necessary evil… without the official paper, most people won't believe you're "smart" or "qualified" or "dedicated." So you go to school, deal with it, get your paper, and then realize life isn't much smoother. Give you something to look forward to...
      02-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Man, I really hope I find my college classes interesting.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #37
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_boy View Post
so come on come up
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92leon View Post
We friends like uh we are uh like uh come uh to do the uh uh uh uh uh
LOLOLOLOLOL
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #38
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

College/university taught me how to learn. That's the most useful thing I got from it. Yes, the courses are mostly BS and you're not going to use 90% of that stuff. But it's ok.
Appreciate 0