E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Errors after changing tires.

08-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
FUSCAO
Rep
Drives: 130i

Errors after changing tires.

I just change the runflats for toyo tires and, right after leaving the shop, these error messagens appear:

CC-ID 24
CC-ID 50
CC-ID 354
CC-ID 236

What is going on? The tire pressure monitor is not working and i can't reset it, by panel or by idrive! The ABS light is on...the DTC light is on...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUSCAO View Post
I just change the runflats for toyo tires and, right after leaving the shop, these error messagens appear:

CC-ID 24
CC-ID 50
CC-ID 354
CC-ID 236

What is going on? The tire pressure monitor is not working and i can't reset it, by panel or by idrive! The ABS light is on...the DTC light is on...
Who knows, go back to the shop. They obviously screwed up.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
FUSCAO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Who knows, go back to the shop. They obviously screwed up.
Hehehe. My friend, changing a tire cannot screw up a DTC system for example. There are hundreds of cases like mine...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Quote:
Hehehe. My friend, changing a tire cannot screw up a DTC system for example. There are hundreds of cases like mine...
It is possible since the systems are all related. All of that information for those systems goes into a common module.

There is plenty of info about these codes if you search. I found this info in about 20 seconds:

1. Start Assist (CC-ID 354)

2. Brake and Stability Systems Failure (CC-ID 236)

3. DBC Assist (CC-ID 24)

Possibilities:
1) Steering Angle calibration (not just choke to choke) Perform steering angle sensor adjustment/calibration per Repair Instructions RA 61 31 996?
2) Wheel Speed Sensor
3) Battery - low voltage - bad battery
4) Wheel Bearing
5) Fault in wiring
6) DSC Hydrolic pump
7) Alternator - fluctuating current
8) Wheel Alignment

On another note, most guys have reported that simply deflating the tires and reinflating to correct pressure and resetting the TPS system again gets rid of these faults. Others have disconnected the battery for a few hours, and others only had to shut the car off and restart after about 20 minutes. Try any of these and see if it works for you
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
FUSCAO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post
It is possible since the systems are all related. All of that information for those systems goes into a common module.

There is plenty of info about these codes if you search. I found this info in about 20 seconds:

1. Start Assist (CC-ID 354)

2. Brake and Stability Systems Failure (CC-ID 236)

3. DBC Assist (CC-ID 24)

Possibilities:
1) Steering Angle calibration (not just choke to choke) Perform steering angle sensor adjustment/calibration per Repair Instructions RA 61 31 996?
2) Wheel Speed Sensor
3) Battery - low voltage - bad battery
4) Wheel Bearing
5) Fault in wiring
6) DSC Hydrolic pump
7) Alternator - fluctuating current
8) Wheel Alignment

On another note, most guys have reported that simply deflating the tires and reinflating to correct pressure and resetting the TPS system again gets rid of these faults. Others have disconnected the battery for a few hours, and others only had to shut the car off and restart after about 20 minutes. Try any of these and see if it works for you
I did the wheel alignment yestarday and nothing changed.

I use 215/40 R18 in the front (with 35psi) and 255/35 R18 in the rear (with 38psi). The TPS light is not on, the car just tells me that there's an error in the system, but i cannot reset it, either by panel or by idrive. So...i will try to disconnect the battery! Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I use 215/40 R18 in the front (with 35psi) and 255/35 R18 in the rear (with 38psi). The TPS light is not on, the car just tells me that there's an error in the system, but i cannot reset it, either by panel or by idrive. So...i will try to disconnect the battery! Thank you!!!
You said your TPS wasn't working in your original post. If that is the case your TPS light should be on. I also would try resetting the TPS system before trying the disconnect battery option, but it's your car so try whatever you want first.

I wouldn't expect an alignment to correct this issue, it was simply in the list that I copied and pasted from another post. Sadly if it's not the case of a simple reset, my money is on the DSC hydraulic pump, which has been becoming a common failure and is $1700
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
FUSCAO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post
You said your TPS wasn't working in your original post. If that is the case your TPS light should be on. I also would try resetting the TPS system before trying the disconnect battery option, but it's your car so try whatever you want first.

I wouldn't expect an alignment to correct this issue, it was simply in the list that I copied and pasted from another post. Sadly if it's not the case of a simple reset, my money is on the DSC hydraulic pump, which has been becoming a common failure and is $1700
But i don't get this. How can i screw up the DSC hydraulic pump just by changing tires? Where BMW make their cars? China?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
But i don't get this. How can i screw up the DSC hydraulic pump just by changing tires? Where BMW make their cars? China?
Sometimes it's just a really bad coincidence and it has nothing to do with what the shop did. If that pump is bad it is not related to your tire change.

Did you try resetting your TPS yet like I told you to? Should also get a scanner on your car to make sure the speed sensors at all 4 of your wheels are working properly, clear any faults, then test drive and recheck. Go down the list I gave you in my earlier post systematically. You're panicking when there is no need to (yet)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
FUSCAO
Rep

Just tried to reset by disconnecting the battery. I left for 1 hour withou the (-) cable and nothing...not even the date reseted. I think my car is against me...hahaha

Will now search for someone who can scan my car without charging me a fortune for that...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #10
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

Some have reported that #1 can be done by turning the steering wheel from lock to lock, (full left and then full right, or full right and then full left.) When I disconnected my battery I got some errors, and there is a list of things to do in the manual after disconnection that you may try....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
deg335
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Quote:

You got wrong tyre size in the front. It's good to have 225/40 there. Your front wheels are lower than rear. The promblem may come from here.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #12
deg335
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
Some have reported that #1 can be done by turning the steering wheel from lock to lock, (full left and then full right, or full right and then full left.) When I disconnected my battery I got some errors, and there is a list of things to do in the manual after disconnection that you may try....
Turning of the steering wheel can help if you have only one mistake about stability control system. If there are several mistakes, it's another problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #13
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg335 View Post
You got wrong tyre size in the front. It's good to have 225/40 there. Your front wheels are lower than rear. The promblem may come from here.
Didn't even catch that. Good catch!!!!
Appreciate 0