E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Tracking down an electrical short

01-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #23
SawyerF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm335d View Post
Where exactly on the passenger side did you find the burnt wires? Was is back by the boost solenoids between the firewall and engine?
It was between the firewall and the engine
      01-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #24
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

I called the local salvage yards here. One place had sold both engine and transmissions and keeps harness with engine. So, Lonestar was a nogo. Another place has near complete car but it went for a swim (risky to buy wiring). They wanted $300 for the engine harness. A new harness can be had for $360 ish from my searches. Find somebody that snapped a timing chain or hydrolocked their M57.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #25
SawyerF
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
I called the local salvage yards here. One place had sold both engine and transmissions and keeps harness with engine. So, Lonestar was a nogo. Another place has near complete car but it went for a swim (risky to buy wiring). They wanted $300 for the engine harness. A new harness can be had for $360 ish from my searches. Find somebody that snapped a timing chain or hydrolocked their M57.
Alright I'll keep an eye out but mine should work properly in theory
      01-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #26
SawyerF
United_States
Rep

Alright I had a local bmw enthusiast come help me out with the insta software. I replaced a transmission fuse and my car finally turned on. The bad news is that my transmission is stuck in park. I can take off the shifter cover and use the manual unlock but my transmission is still in limp mode. I have a solenoid 3 and 4 code as well as a selector lever interlock code. I tried to research and people with the same codes have replaced the shifter lock solo oof all the was to replacing the steptronic in the trans. I really hope it's something inexpensive/easy to fix given the trouble this has brought me so far, The codes are below, The jbe codes are just unplugged wires but the passenger airbag code is a new one. I took apart the whole dash but the airbag should be good I took it out the same way I did the steering wheel airbag so I'm not sure why it's throwing a code. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Attached Images