E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > N55 Rod Bearing replacement

01-01-2020, 03:00 AM   #1
335MRod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i xdrive black

N55 Rod Bearing replacement

2011 335 N55 spun a rod bearing about 2 years ago with only 30k miles. Managed to get replacement engine w/ less milage under warranty. I know engine is solid but I’m interested in replacing bearings with something like these http://www.king-catalog.com/Catalog/Set/CR_222GPC. I’ve swapped bearings on a bunch of cars before and it’s pretty straight forward. However, I do need some info on torq. Spec, parts and pretty much any other info that might be related to this process.

Rod bearings
Connecting rod bolts
Oil pan gasket

Anything else?

Once I get all the parts together and have the info, I’ll get right on it. I’ll try and post some pics of the job. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, all depends on how much fun I have with the subframe and/or transfer case...