E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > No Heat or AC

01-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #1
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

No Heat or AC

Anybody ever gotten the 009C53 error code? Nada from climate control system.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
PerfectAce
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

I have a perpetual 9C53 code that won't go away and it indicates a fault with the electronic heater booster. Doesn't effect the rest of the climate control system though and I'm in no hurry to fix it as I don't live in a cold enough climate to care about having a functional heater booster.

When you say "nada from climate control system", do you mean the entire unit has gone dark? If so, check your fuses. I can't remember which fuse it is specifically, but I once blew it by accidentally shorting a lead to ground when changing the trunk compartment interior light bulb. Apparently interior lighting and the climate control system share the same fuse.
      01-22-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectAce View Post
I have a perpetual 9C53 code that won't go away and it indicates a fault with the electronic heater booster. Doesn't effect the rest of the climate control system though and I'm in no hurry to fix it as I don't live in a cold enough climate to care about having a functional heater booster.

When you say "nada from climate control system", do you mean the entire unit has gone dark? If so, check your fuses. I can't remember which fuse it is specifically, but I once blew it by accidentally shorting a lead to ground when changing the trunk compartment interior light bulb. Apparently interior lighting and the climate control system share the same fuse.
I was told the electric heater is supplementary and there's also a heat exchanger that doesn't start to really work till your up to temp, since our diesels run so cool.
      01-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #4
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Correct...lights are on but the system doesn't move any air...of course it crapped out on the coldest day of the year
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep

happily it looks like BMW has a recall on the heater. that said I am a little worried about taking my full delete car into a dealership in CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Hi Chief - I had to take my full delete car into dealer for FRM module replacement. The good news was they did the work for free. The bad news was they reprogrammed my ECU and I had to get it reflashed by tuner. I would think a heater repair wouldn’t involve programming a module. But, it is a BMW. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 12:00 AM   #7
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep

Problem solved...dead blower motor
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #8
penfold2105
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M Performance

I have the same code but everything works apart from hot air it's warm at best. Anyone know what it is I'm taking the car apart to check the actuators but it's very tight to get them out and have almost quit as I don't want to take the whole dash out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0