E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 01/21/2020, emissions recall campaign 10e-a02: Replace fuel injectors

01-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #111
lime
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule1977 View Post
It's real trust me.
You keep saying this but haven't provided any proof. Why do you believe it is real? Lee's video doesn't prove anything at all. I have multiple friends inside BMW telling me this is just an internal revision to their record keeping and nothing more, which seems to track with what others are starting to report. "Trust me" isn't good enough, you need to provide a reason that we should trust you.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #112
Rule1977
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Quote:
It's real trust me.
You keep saying this but haven't provided any proof. Why do you believe it is real? Lee's video doesn't prove anything at all. I have multiple friends inside BMW telling me this is just an internal revision to their record keeping and nothing more, which seems to track with what others are starting to report. "Trust me" isn't good enough, you need to provide a reason that we should trust you.
I don't know anymore than anyone else on here however I do know that I contacted my service advisor at Kansas City South BMW on Friday and he confirmed it. Like I said they didn't understand why my car wasn't coming up with a recall since it falls in the build dates. They are contacting BMW to see why. I'm also not the only one on this forum or others that have confirmed at dealers that this is real.

It also says it's a US recall and aren't you in New Zealand?
NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS - TIAL BOV
VRSF 7.5 RACE FMIC - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS - VRSF DOWNPIPES
BMS PEDAL TUNER - VTT DUAL CATCH CANS
3.5 BAR TMAP - NGK 97506 PLUGS
H@R SPRINGS - NRW V1 PADDLES
PFS STAGE 3 LPFP - PFS V2 PORT INJECTION
MOSSELMAN OIL THERMOSTAT
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
ZIMMERMAN DRILLED ROTORS - EBC REDSTUFF PADS
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 09:52 PM   #113
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep
Drives: 89 E30 325is, E92 335i N54

Garage List
2013 X5 3.5xdrive  [0.00]
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.
I received an email directly from BMWNA in regards of this recall coming out. Unless BMW is playing games it's real. Like I stated in the very first post, give it a few weeks for more info to be released.

As for other counties other than the US I can not say if they will apply. It could be a US mandated recall which other countries might not require, ill say it again please allow some more time for more info to become available. Thanks.
Appreciate 4
Rule1977194.50
4 Doors1166.50
      01-26-2020, 10:34 PM   #114
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.5 E90 335i 08 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodE30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.
I received an email directly from BMWNA in regards of this recall coming out. Unless BMW is playing games it's real. Like I stated in the very first post, give it a few weeks for more info to be released.

As for other counties other than the US I can not say if they will apply. It could be a US mandated recall which other countries might not require, ill say it again please allow some more time for more info to become available. Thanks.
Can we see this email:
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #115
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectN54 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #116
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.
An we are supposed to believe you an your "insiders" from another country..:bs:

there's more video/photo proof that says it's real.

And tbh most people will side that it is real until there's something that absolutely proves other wise.
Appreciate 1
Rule1977194.50
      01-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #117
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Well you're not helping your case now, surely a good reason why..like a really good reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:41 PM   #118
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Well you're not helping your case now, surely a good reason why..like a really good reason.
It doesn't really matter to me if you believe me or not. I gain or lose nothing.
Appreciate 1
Rule1977194.50
      01-26-2020, 10:44 PM   #119
lime
Private
Rep

Quote:

Fair enough, I 100% agree with waiting another few weeks for confirmation. Would you mind sharing the email you received?

What I take issue with is people saying things like "It's legit. Trust me" in response to questions raised. I've seen a lot of that kind of talk in various N54 groups the last few days. It implies they have unique access to information that would corroborate the claim. Now when pressed on it the response is "I don't know anymore than anyone else on here", that doesn't really jibe with what was said previously.

Don't get me wrong I will be very happy if this recall is legit, but I don't want people to get their hopes up too much if it ends up being incorrect.

As for the rest of the world, we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that BMW decides to go global with this. They've done it before for some recalls, so it's not completely hopeless, but even best case scenario I'd expect us to be well behind the US, probably 6 months to 1 year at least.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #120
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
It doesn't really matter to me if you believe me or not. I gain or lose nothing.
So you have no reason sir..you only gain a bad reputation in general, making claims of a email but no valid reason to not prove it, you wanna act like you have the answers.
Next.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:47 PM   #121
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough, I 100% agree with waiting another few weeks for confirmation. Would you mind sharing the email you received?

What I take issue with is people saying things like "It's legit. Trust me" in response to questions raised. I've seen a lot of that kind of talk in various N54 groups the last few days. It implies they have unique access to information that would corroborate the claim. Now when pressed on it the response is "I don't know anymore than anyone else on here", that doesn't really jibe with what was said previously.

Don't get me wrong I will be very happy if this recall is legit, but I don't want people to get their hopes up too much if it ends up being incorrect.

As for the rest of the world, we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that BMW decides to go global with this. They've done it before for some recalls, so it's not completely hopeless, but even best case scenario I'd expect us to be well behind the US, probably 6 months to 1 year at least.
The email consist of the bulletin that has been shared in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:49 PM   #122
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
So you have no reason sir..you only gain a bad reputation in general, making claims of a email but no valid reason to not prove it, you wanna act like you have the answers.
Next.
I'm not here for a reputation, simply posted this thread to inform the N54 community.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #123
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Next.
I'm not here for a reputation, simply posted this thread to inform the N54 community.
Inform what exactly ? Hearsay and a few words about a email that consists of a picture that's already been spammed.
Keep your day job bud or do better.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #124
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Next.
Inform what exactly ? Hearsay and a few words about a email that consists of a picture that's already been spammed.
Lol, it's funny you say that.
Appreciate 1
Rule1977194.50
      01-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #125
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's real trust me.

Can we see this email:
Negative.
Next.
Lol, it's funny you say that.
Well if you have something else to add by all means let's hear it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 11:24 PM   #126
lime
Private
Rep

Quote:
That bulletin is pretty flimsy evidence. Was it sent to you from a reliable source?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 11:31 PM   #127
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep

Garage List
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That bulletin is pretty flimsy evidence. Was it sent to you from a reliable source?
BMWNA
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 11:36 PM   #128
lime
Private
Rep

Quote:
BMWNA
Why did they send it to you?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 11:45 PM   #129
ovnel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d M-Sport

I would like to add that my SA said that the BMW warranty manager told her it is from 2011 when she was trying to get approval for the job.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #130
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

I saw the email too and it was dated 6 days ago, on the 20th I believe.
I think it will only be if you have original injectors from the prod. date.
New injectors here I come!
E93 335i-DINAN tuned. Alpine over Saddle brown
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #131
N54_ABQ
Twins Are Better
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92 6MT

Garage List
If there's any doubt, call your United States BMW dealer and ask about SIB 13 01 20.
That's what I did and they gave me a print out of the new/revised recall dated 1/17/2020. I have posted it in this thread.
Not all dealers may have it yet.

Patience is a virtue my friends.
Appreciate 3
Rule1977194.50
4 Doors1166.50
      01-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #132
Rule1977
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_ABQ View Post
If there's any doubt, call your United States BMW dealer and ask about SIB 13 01 20.
That's what I did and they gave me a print out of the new/revised recall dated 1/17/2020. I have posted it in this thread.
Not all dealers may have it yet.

Patience is a virtue my friends.
+1
NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS - TIAL BOV
VRSF 7.5 RACE FMIC - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS - VRSF DOWNPIPES
BMS PEDAL TUNER - VTT DUAL CATCH CANS
3.5 BAR TMAP - NGK 97506 PLUGS
H@R SPRINGS - NRW V1 PADDLES
PFS STAGE 3 LPFP - PFS V2 PORT INJECTION
MOSSELMAN OIL THERMOSTAT
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER