E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 3stage DISA upgrade

03-14-2024, 01:17 PM   #1
e90sabr
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

Question N52 3stage DISA upgrade

Good Afternoon everyone!

First off, Ramadan Kareem to those celebrating, wish you all a happy and healthy Ramadan!

As most of you know I recently acquired my first BMW, an LCI 328xi. I want to do modifications when I pop the VC off to change the gasket, so I thought I might as well invest some money into a DISA 3stage manifold.

I got my hands on one for a good price, but I'm clueless as to what I should do to run it on my car. I know that the stock ECU mapping wont take advantage of the manifold--it might not even run right. My friend suggested flashing the ECU, which he can help with, but are there any recommendations as to what would be best? I plan to get a better intake system as well; not some "hot air intake".

From what I can tell, there are some companies that sell the flash tune, I would use a file to flash to the MS70 with my friends help, take a data log, return to the person who sent me my flash, and they would send me the corrected tune to flash to the ECU. Please correct me if I am wrong, or if there are any better methods I should use to take advantage of the manifold and a better intake setup.

Thanks again

Saad
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #2
ninjamoby
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi Wagon

Two things:

1. 3 stage manifold and a stock tune runs fine, it just doesn't use the DISA IIRC.

2. Bimmerlabs has a free tune available for the 3 stage manifold. I used that and it's great.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
e90sabr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamoby View Post
Two things:

1. 3 stage manifold and a stock tune runs fine, it just doesn't use the DISA IIRC.

2. Bimmerlabs has a free tune available for the 3 stage manifold. I used that and it's great.
Its free? That’s absolutely lovely, would I flash it to the DME or how would I incorporate that on my car
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 12:44 PM   #4
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

I would go with StageFP. You'll get HP levels a little bit above a 330i.Well worth it. I got Bob's tune when he was still at BPC
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #5
e90sabr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
I would go with StageFP. You'll get HP levels a little bit above a 330i.Well worth it. I got Bob's tune when he was still at BPC
Is that something that I can get online after installing the 3SIM? and question for everyone— how do i apply the tune to my DME? Is there an adapter or do I need a software
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 06:07 PM   #6
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sabr View Post
Is that something that I can get online after installing the 3SIM? and question for everyone— how do i apply the tune to my DME? Is there an adapter or do I need a software
Yeah I'd do mods first before getting a tune. Here's the link https://stagefp.com/product/sfp-n51-n52-tune/
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0