E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Still want an EV?

05-11-2023, 05:30 PM   #2223
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It's not about equal speech, he's not into that. He's into his own speech over that of others. He doesn't care about left, right, up, down or whatever - he just cares about himself. That's his way of working.

He didn't like twitter for covering him so he buys out the company so now he has the whole thing to himself. He can spout all the nonsense he wants and if you disagree, you're out.
I think you and I can just agree to disagree, sir.

In my personal opinion, 95% of the Twitter world is freaked the hell out because they’ve never had to deal with opposition speech before. At least speech that they couldn’t get kicked off the platform by reporting. Now they have to deal with it. It’s freaking wonderful. Like I said, I hope YouTube and Instagram and Facebook are next.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2023, 05:42 PM   #2224
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Musk produced ugly inside and out cars that had little redeeming quality than it was light and more jelly blob aerodynamic hence was more efficient and could go longer and had a charger network and had a social media following ie basically sold overpriced junk that one could lease but Darent own at that price point to customers and I see these generic cars 3,Y like ants everywhere.
He filled a gap in the market and made people who invested in his shares millionaires became the richest guy for a while but if he wasn't in the picture perhaps normal responsible automakers would have brought in products that were more sustainable attractive durable had more features etc. Overall in my opinion I would steer clear of applauding him and wouldn't be caught dead owning any of his substandard curent offering appliances.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:36 PM   #2225
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Musk produced ugly inside and out cars that had little redeeming quality than it was light and more jelly blob aerodynamic hence was more efficient and could go longer and had a charger network and had a social media following ie basically sold overpriced junk that one could lease but Darent own at that price point to customers and I see these generic cars 3,Y like ants everywhere.
He filled a gap in the market and made people who invested in his shares millionaires became the richest guy for a while but if he wasn't in the picture perhaps normal responsible automakers would have brought in products that were more sustainable attractive durable had more features etc. Overall in my opinion I would steer clear of applauding him and wouldn't be caught dead owning any of his substandard curent offering appliances.
I’m only applauding him for one thing really. Twitter. Although you still have to be impressed with what he did with Tesla. Unless, of course, for the most part, you hate capitalism then I can totally understand why you would dislike this man. I wouldn’t buy an Tesla either. I agree with you that they are Hella ugly outside and inside. All of them. I mean really ugly. But I’ve always thought that. Kind of like in the beginning all hybrids were really ugly. The good news is other manufacturers are coming out with good looking electric vehicles. Porsche and Audi already have a good looking electric vehicles. Others will follow.
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13529.50
sleepy75106.00
      05-11-2023, 06:47 PM   #2226
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I’m only applauding him for one thing really. Twitter. Although you still have to be impressed with what he did with Tesla. Unless, of course, for the most part, you hate capitalism then I can totally understand why you would dislike this man. I wouldn’t buy an Tesla either. I agree with you that they are Hella ugly outside and inside. All of them. I mean really ugly. But I’ve always thought that. Kind of like in the beginning all hybrids were really ugly. The good news is other know manufacturers are coming out with good looking electric vehicles. Porsche and Audi already have a good looking electric vehicles. Others will follow.
I'm not on twitter. I do appreciate that free speech isn't so free anymore so perhaps there is a deeper sentiment that I haven't learnt to appreciate.
I don't hate capitalism. As a consumer getting a great product at a great price is where I think it works.
Getting a substandard product at a high price off which the producer makes a 40% profit per sale and gets subsidies and credits etc and there is a government backed forced switch towards a product doesn't work for me. Its more anti capitalistic. But then maybe I'm wrong. Always open to hearing explanations from people who know of other viewpoints.
Appreciate 4
Patton2502939.50
M5Rick60062.50
Z K1888.50
      05-11-2023, 06:57 PM   #2227
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm not on twitter. I do appreciate that free speech isn't so free anymore so perhaps there is a deeper sentiment that I haven't learnt to appreciate.
I don't hate capitalism. As a consumer getting a great product at a great price is where I think it works.
Getting a substandard product at a high price off which the producer makes a 40% profit per sale and gets subsidies and credits etc and there is a government backed forced switch towards a product doesn't work for me. Its more anti capitalistic. But then maybe I'm wrong. Always open to hearing explanations from people who know of other viewpoints.
Actually, I can’t argue with anything you just said. You’re right. You’re absolutely right. His whole company has been government subsidized, and the entire electric vehicle industry has been forced upon us. That is not capitalism. That’s government and corporate cronyism.

I’m not really on Twitter either. Mostly because prior to Elon, it was a cesspool of one-sided thought. Anyone that tried to counter that thought was banned immediately. That’s over now. I thank Elon for that.
Appreciate 4
KRS_SN13529.50
sleepy75106.00
M5Rick60062.50
      05-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #2228
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Actually, I can’t argue with anything you just said. You’re right. You’re absolutely right. His whole company has been government subsidized, and the entire electric vehicle industry has been forced upon us. That is not capitalism. That’s government and corporate cronyism.

I’m not really on Twitter either. Mostly because prior to Elon, it was a cesspool of one-sided thought. Anyone that tried to counter that thought was banned immediately. That’s over now. I thank Elon for that.
You make valid points as usual and thanks. I really want him to make a good looking car with a plush interior creature comforts sound insulation and head up display etc and one I can own for years as sustainability for me is owning a carfor a decade or more. At 60k plus that's what I want from a car.I really don't have anything against the man. Its the cars that I can't yet like despite driving them/being driven in them etc.
Appreciate 4
Patton2502939.50
M5Rick60062.50
kyriian883.50
      05-11-2023, 07:50 PM   #2229
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I’m in love with my Tesla, will drive it before other, some would argue, better cars (M5, X5M). It’s quiet, stupid fast, looks great, great seats, awesome tech, not a peep of interior noise, just perfect. I think it looks great. Again, why can’t we all cheer on this AMERICAN company?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      05-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #2230
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You make valid points as usual and thanks. I really want him to make a good looking car with a plush interior creature comforts sound insulation and head up display etc and one I can own for years as sustainability for me is owning a carfor a decade or more. At 60k plus that's what I want from a car.I really don't have anything against the man. Its the cars that I can't yet like despite driving them/being driven in them etc.
And Apple CarPlay man. I don’t care what manufacture it is I am out without that.

Check out Lucid man. Cool stuff.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13529.50
      05-11-2023, 08:15 PM   #2231
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
I’m in love with my Tesla, will drive it before other, some would argue, better cars (M5, X5M). It’s quiet, stupid fast, looks great, great seats, awesome tech, not a peep of interior noise, just perfect. I think it looks great. Again, why can’t we all cheer on this AMERICAN company?
I believe we already told you why. We disagree with absolutely everything you said and think about the car, except for cheer on this American company. That I will agree with you on.

If you think about it, it really only matters that you like it. Right?
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13529.50
M5Rick60062.50
      05-12-2023, 07:43 AM   #2232
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
The GOLD STANDARD of performance.

I love my tesla too. Seats are the best. Super quiet, awesome tech and so comfortable!

Thank you Elon for these masterpieces!!!!!!
      05-12-2023, 09:07 AM   #2233
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
I believe we already told you why. We disagree with absolutely everything you said and think about the car, except for cheer on this American company. That I will agree with you on.

If you think about it, it really only matters that you like it. Right?
We? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 09:08 AM   #2234
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:

Because "mah gasoline"
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #2235
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Perhaps, if you had read a few postings before mine, sarcasm wouldn’t have been the first thing to pop in your mind as a rebuttal. It’s not your strong suit by the way. Hopefully you have other social attributes.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2023, 11:50 AM   #2236
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Yeah, I know how some people don’t like an equal playing field when it comes to speech. I imagine some hate him pretty good. One-sided control at Twitter is over. Same thing needs to happen with YouTube, Instagram, and every other one-sided speech controlled social media outlet.
I'd hold this thought for a bit. New CEO is a WEF soldier and former honch at Nothing But Crap Universal. Yikes.
      05-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #2237
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I'd hold this thought for a bit. New CEO is a WEF soldier and former honch at Nothing But Crap Universal. Yikes.
I promise I don’t know what you mean. Perhaps try again?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #2238
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

'Prior to being tapped as the upcoming Twitter CEO, Yaccarino was the Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships at NBCUniversal. She has previously served as NBCUniversal’s Chairman of Advertising & Client Partnership and President of Cable Entertainment & Digital Advertising Sales during her almost 12-year tenure with the company. She also has several ties to the World Economic Forum (WEF), a global group that consistently advocates for the censorship of “misinformation” and supports mass data collection.'

99% positive she's a chair holder at The WEF.
Plenty of clips of her talking crazy.
Klaus...eww.
      05-12-2023, 12:30 PM   #2239
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Perhaps, if you had read a few postings before mine, sarcasm wouldn’t have been the first thing to pop in your mind as a rebuttal. It’s not your strong suit by the way. Hopefully you have other social attributes.
Brilliant retort!
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      05-12-2023, 12:32 PM   #2240
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
::ghostbusters theme::

Doe!!!! Rayyyyyyy!!!! ELONNNNNN!!!!

Lmaooooo I love elon
      05-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #2241
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
'Prior to being tapped as the upcoming Twitter CEO, Yaccarino was the Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships at NBCUniversal. She has previously served as NBCUniversal’s Chairman of Advertising & Client Partnership and President of Cable Entertainment & Digital Advertising Sales during her almost 12-year tenure with the company. She also has several ties to the World Economic Forum (WEF), a global group that consistently advocates for the censorship of “misinformation” and supports mass data collection.'

99% positive she's a chair holder at The WEF.
Plenty of clips of her talking crazy.
Klaus...eww.
I think I understand you now. Are you saying you’re concerned this person will bring Twitter back to the old ways where only one type of thought is allowed?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      05-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #2242
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
I don't know what to think. He's a calculated guy so I need to give her time. I would hope their powwow included FREE SPEECH before hiring.

Then there are her publicly made positions. If they come out regarding influence to Twitter...ugh. Really awakened mindset. Ugh dos.

The whole depopulate, WEF, thing is 180° from Musks philosophy.

Very strange match, but we'll see.
      05-12-2023, 02:17 PM   #2243
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
^
I don't know what to think. He's a calculated guy so I need to give her time. I would hope their powwow included FREE SPEECH before hiring.

Then there are her publicly made positions. If they come out regarding influence to Twitter...ugh. Really awakened mindset. Ugh dos.

The whole depopulate, WEF, thing is 180° from Musks philosophy.

Very strange match, but we'll see.
I’ve been watching the man in many different interviews over the past couple months and I just don’t see him letting Twitter go back to the one-sided cesspool it was before. I mean I don’t really go there anyway but I listen to people that talk about what’s happening over there. It’s been moving in an extremely positive direction since he took over.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17309.00
      05-12-2023, 06:43 PM   #2244
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Lmaooooooooooooooo