E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cadwell Park evening - Friday, 21st August

07-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Nick Wright
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: which one?

Cadwell Park evening - Friday, 21st August

A very rare trackday opportunity has arisen. I have been given the chance to run an evening track day at Cadwell Park on Friday 21st August 2009.

It’s not often that these crop up at short notice.. it is even rarer to get one on a Friday when everyone has finished work for the weekend.

.. it gets better,

I have even got a deal on the price - £79 - that’s for three hours of track action on a balmy summer evening with the whole weekend ahead of you. Check in at 4pm, driving starts at 5pm, circuit closes at 8pm.

..theres more,

We don’t have to go straight home either. We can all stay on site and bring drinks and BBQ’s and tell tall tales around the camp fire. If you decide to stay, a fiver gets you an overnight pass.. the toilets are clean, the showers are hot and the paddock will be full of racing machinery ready for Saturdays practice.

So to sum up..

Cadwell Park full circuit
Exclusive booking (just us)
Open Pit Lane
Capped entry – I’m keeping this one down to just 50 cars.
Noisy (105db)
Very cheap.. £79
Run to my usual high BMWCC standards

I'm waiting for your call..

Nick
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

bugger I will still be in Cornwall then ,otherwise I would be there ,love Cadwell , done it on my bike a few times great circuit.
      07-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Nick Wright
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: which one?

Alex from MSV has just answered a few of my questions so I thought I would post them here.

As you may know we have been kindly given our evening session right after Fridays race practice - that means the place will be crawling with race bikes as this event marks Bemsee's centenary year http://www.bemsee.net/

Lots of race bikes means lots of biker chix in party mood revved up with race fever!

There is food into the evening and the bar closes at 11.

I don't have a problem with any of that, do you?

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delay – I’ve just got the response from Cadwell. Couple of points on what you’ve sent out below.

Bar is open until 11pm with food served until 9pm.
The paddock will be full of BMCRC competitors so you’ll be parked in your own ‘special’ area but unfortunately this won’t be directly adjacent to the assembly area.
Track time is 5.30 pm – 8.00 pm
No problem with camping over but because it’s an event on the Saturday, Jon (Cadwell’s circuit manager) has asked that you aim to leave by 10.00 am if you are not staying for the racing.

Natalie has sent out all the documentation to both your email and home (postal) address.

If you have any problems or questions please feel free to give me a call.

Thanks,

Alex Bake
Appreciate 0