E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 DME Issue (Crank, No start)

02-01-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
hcopeland
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite E92 335i

Garage List
Crank No start (Solved)

Hey everyone,

Having an issue that seems to electrical. I suck with everything electrical so it's time to ask for help.

Brand new motor with forged pistons.
RB next gen turbos
Vrsf inlets
Motor is in with essentials connected
Cold side pipe and intercooler along with the front end are off. Throttle body is on.

Things I've tried.

New battery.
Checked water pump ground and motor mount ground.
Replaced dme relay
JB4 on and off of dme
Resetting adaptations
Checked dme fuses
Check the 5 amp f4 and the big fuse in the JB

The car will crank but will not start. When the jb4 was on the in dash menu would not come up.
Attached Images

02-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #2
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep
Drives: 2007 6MT 335i upgraded twins

I mean, to me it looks like there is a major part of the harness that is at leas improperly connected.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Finngo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerr View Post
I mean, to me it looks like there is a major part of the harness that is at leas improperly connected.
+1

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #4
nissubaru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i MSport + 1990 300ZX TT

Do you have a multimeter? Everyone always over complicates electrical issues on these cars but rarely are we trouble shooting it correctly. I'm no better to be honest but a multimeter will tell you a lot.

I take it you just replaced the motor and now it won't start? Recheck all the wiring, especially the connections just outside of the DME box
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #5
hcopeland
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru View Post
Do you have a multimeter? Everyone always over complicates electrical issues on these cars but rarely are we trouble shooting it correctly. I'm no better to be honest but a multimeter will tell you a lot.

I take it you just replaced the motor and now it won't start? Recheck all the wiring, especially the connections just outside of the DME box
Im going to get back on it tomorrow, study up the wiring diagrams tonight then. Haven't played with low volt circuits since high school but ill try to figure it out.

Yeah the build process was long. Car sat for about a year. I was sure to pull the dme out and put it inside the car so it didn't get damaged. Finally got to put it in and was greeted with this issue.

I checked all the connections on the driver side loom and it was all good. only thing that isn't connected currently is the tmap as i have the charge pipe off. The code for the Low Pressure Fuel sensor is scaring me right now. The water pump not so much as I know it is working.

Can the 2ACC/2ACB code signify internal faults as well? I know that there is a specific code for that however I need to rule that out as a possibility to clear my head.

02-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #6
hcopeland
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update

After days of trouble shooting. I found that the oil pressure sensor was broken in the connector. I replaced it. Put the dme back in and it started right up! Hope this helps anyone who might have the same problem.