E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Code new CCC unit

01-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #23
markob
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Do i need external power 12V for factory coding? I know that this procedure is alo faster that updating modules on new firmvare, but at the moment i dont have option to have external 12V power. Can i damage module with factory coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 02:30 AM   #24
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by markob View Post
Do i need external power 12V for factory coding? I know that this procedure is alo faster that updating modules on new firmvare, but at the moment i dont have option to have external 12V power. Can i damage module with factory coding?
No, the coding will take seconds only. If your battery is weak you can code with the engine running.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #25
markob
Private
Rep

ok, so i did coding of all the modules you wrote, chost cappl cgate caudi ctune. Only cappl throwed error out, but in second time ive try, it passes without error.
How do i know that coding worked? Ive saw that radio resets and language when i code ctune, so coding was executed but problem stays.

On the ccc ihka control of air distribution and seat heating nothing happened its the same as before i adjust air heating direction and bar changed and after second it came to original state. Than i say maybee air distribution control work in this way but than i test seat heating control and its the same, bar shows sethings at midle and when i change to the left or right, second after bar automaticaly jumps on factory sethings at middle so i dont know why what i change trough ccc i drive dont stay saved.
On the video ive posted its same problem change ccc unit and controls dont work than user change some parameters and it worked.

But i didnt change VIN of the ccc couse i dont know how, winkpf wont work and this with coding spdaten is to much for me at the moment, So is this a problem?

Error cappl

error that ive read e714 it seems to be a problem of airdistribution and seat heat control

Last edited by markob; 01-15-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #26
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Ok, I understand. In CCC CAPPL you should code:

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER
aktiv

VA_SEATVENTILATION
aktiv

SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9
aktiv

Then when you press seat button the idrive will display seat.

If the options aren't there you may need to patch the daten file with NCS Dummy.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:42 AM   #27
markob
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER
aktiv

VA_SEATVENTILATION
aktiv

SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9
aktiv

If the options aren't there you may need to patch the daten file with NCS Dummy.
Ive checked trc of all modules that i backup and i found functions that you wrote and they are all set to nicht aktiv, only SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9 is activ so next time i need to code this functions.
So in ncs i need to read cappl module to get *.trc file and then i need to edit trc in ncs dummy, save it to *.man file and proces ecu yes? In ncs dummy you need to chose module and modules are named differently, so how do i know the name of the cappl module in ncs dummy?

But why i need to set this functions, shouldnt this be active in factory sethings of VO if ccc have this by defoult to control?

Last edited by markob; 01-16-2019 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 02:46 AM   #28
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER
aktiv

VA_SEATVENTILATION
aktiv

SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9
aktiv

Ive checked trc of all modules that i backup and i found functions that you wrote and they are all set to nicht aktiv, only SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9 is activ so next time i need to code this functions.
So in ncs i need to read cappl module to get *.trc file and then i need to edit trc in ncs dummy, save it to *.man file and proces ecu yes? In ncs dummy you need to chose module and modules are named differently, so how do i know the name of the cappl module in ncs dummy?

But why i need to set this functions, shouldnt this be active in factory sethings of VO if ccc have this by defoult to control?
You don't need NCS Dummy for this.

Just open the FSW_PSW.trc file in notepad, make changes and then save as (all files type) FSW_PSW.MAN

Then use a coding profile and SG_CODIEREN

It should be automatic by VO coding, but maybe this was a special setting. I don't know about E60.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #29
markob
Private
Rep

Yes you are right i can do this in notepad but i was thinking that i can miss where character activ or nich activ starts ,that i can miss some space in line of text and than than will not work
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #30
markob
Private
Rep

amm these names wich you wrote

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT
aktiv

VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER
aktiv

VA_SEATVENTILATION
aktiv

SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9
aktiv

This is not in CAPPL. If i proces only CAPPL to get trc file i get 9kb big file and inside there is no such names. If i proces entire modules i get 199kb big file and inside are these names you wrote. But you dont edit this file of all modules and code it, right?

Ive attached CAPPL file and file of all modules
Attached Files
File Type: txt FSW_PSW CAPPL module.txt (8.2 KB, 300 views)
File Type: txt FSW_PSW ALL modules.txt (198.2 KB, 725 views)

Last edited by markob; 01-17-2019 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 09:04 AM   #31
markob
Private
Rep

sensible do you know in which module is sethings that you wrote?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #32
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
sensible do you know in which module is sethings that you wrote?
I'll have a look for you tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #33
markob
Private
Rep

So ive read each module separately in ncs expert:

alc, bfs, cappl, cas, caudi, cgate, chost, cid, ctune, dsc, fas, ihka, kbm, kombi, lma, lsmc, mpm, mshd, mulf, pdc, rls, rsmc, sbsl, sbsr, sfz, sgm, szl, szm, tmbt, tmft;

and i only get one error when ive try to read mulf module. So i dont know what is with mulf and what mulf control.

But in other modules i didnt find anywhere functions that you wrote

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT aktiv , A_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT aktiv , VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER aktiv , VA_SEATVENTILATION aktiv , SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9 aktiv,

I only find mentioned functions that you wrote in trace file which is from all module together but there i cannot locate which exact module have written functions

Last edited by markob; 02-07-2019 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #34
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So ive read each module separately in ncs expert:

alc, bfs, cappl, cas, caudi, cgate, chost, cid, ctune, dsc, fas, ihka, kbm, kombi, lma, lsmc, mpm, mshd, mulf, pdc, rls, rsmc, sbsl, sbsr, sfz, sgm, szl, szm, tmbt, tmft;

and i only get one error when ive try to read mulf module. So i dont know what is with mulf and what mulf control.

But in other modules i didnt find anywhere functions that you wrote

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT aktiv , A_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT aktiv , VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER aktiv , VA_SEATVENTILATION aktiv , SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9 aktiv,

I only find mentioned functions that you wrote in trace file which is from all module together but there i cannot locate which exact module have written functions
It's probably because they are included only for E6X firmware. Because your CCC has E90 firmware it doesn't have those options.

You have 2 options:

1. Flash CCC to E6X firmware. Risky and I don't know if it's same hardware.

2. Patch your daten files. Compare the coding address for E6X and look int the E9X disassembled daten file. It will possibly have a blank entry. You could copy the code from the disassembled E6X daten to the E9X daten address. I can help you with this if you need?

Just tell me what daten version you have. When you code CCC send a screenshot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 07:01 AM   #35
markob
Private
Rep

Ok this is to much for me. I can look for it in daten files but you need to tell me exact procedure.

But why when i have complete trc fil i see functions that you wrote, but when i read each module i dont see that functions?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 06:58 AM   #36
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok this is to much for me. I can look for it in daten files but you need to tell me exact procedure.

But why when i have complete trc fil i see functions that you wrote, but when i read each module i dont see that functions?
First disassemble CCC_APP daten file. Which daten version are you using? If you don't know, show screen shot of when you are coding CAPPL. Run codierdaten_lesen and it shows you version.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #37
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Also, I just checked. In CCC_APP.09 onwards those options ARE present.

I guess you have old firmware. You need to tell me which version. But it's likely you need to update the CCC. CAPPL in winkfp or ISTA P. Use an ICOM. For this.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 03:23 AM   #38
markob
Private
Rep

in ncs dummy i open cappl.trc and filter module by trace file and i get CCC_APP.C08 98.5% match and in there i dont find that functions that you wrote.
Also if i read cappl.trc file in note pad i also dont find any of the mentioned functions, as i know all functions i can also read without ncs dummy in trc Notepad files yes?

OK ive done some research, if i choose ccc_app.c09 in ncs dummy for cappl.trc file i see functions that you wrote, but i dont have "check button" posibility beside, its locked?
If i choose filter modules by trace files i got 98.5% match for cappl.trc file in CCC_APP.C08 and there i dont see mentioned functions, but i can click "check button" for functions and do changes in functions for aktiv or not aktiv and so on. So CCC_APP.C08 i can edit but CCC_APP.C09 i cant. So CCC_APP.C08 is correct one?

Last edited by markob; 03-01-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #39
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

It's simple.

Just update CCC to current firmware. Then you will get all latest coding options...

It's the only way.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 02:19 AM   #40
markob
Private
Rep

But update firmware cant be done with k+dcan cable? Couse i dont have icom

Daten files i didnt yet update. Also i didnt yet changed VIN of ccc unit couse i didnt succeeded with spdaten files.

I also noticed that when i get data in winkpf for cappl i get ccc_app.c04

But in ncs dummy if i choose ccc_app.c04 in cappl.trc file i also cant edit check box its locked. How can this be if ccc_app.c04 is automatically read from ncs expert?

Shouldnt in this case be unlocked in ncs dummy for editing ccc_app.c04 and not ccc_app.c08? How come that these things dont match?

Last edited by markob; 03-02-2019 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 03:43 AM   #41
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

I don't understand what you mean. What are you trying to do?

You can't just check and uncheck boxes in NCS Dummy.

You must update firmware which has the new coding index. Then you can code the options.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #42
markob
Private
Rep

Yes i understand for upgrading ccc. Lets leave this problem with ccc seat heating and air distribution.

I am talking for other things, other modules, ive load several trc files from car modules and what ncs expert show for CBD name like in this case for cappl module ccc_app.c04 what picture shows above, that thing is locked for editing in ncs dummy, in ncs dummy i can edit ccc_app.c08 wich ncs dummy find itselfe. How can this CBD names be different?

I tested other modules in car, and CBD name from ncs expert usualy is not the same as what ncs dummy find and what can i edit.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 05:50 AM   #43
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

I can't see the picture????

Ok, I understand.

When you loading the daten file in NCS Dummy are you choosing e60 or e90?

Remember, you car is e60 but the CAPPL has e90 firmware. You need select the e90 chassis.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #44
markob
Private
Rep

how come you dont see pictures? https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...895d0-full.png

Quote:
When you loading the daten file in NCS Dummy are you choosing e60 or e90?
What do you mean loading daten file in ncs dummy? In ncs dummy in case of seat heating problem i choose e60 chassis then load cappl.trc file, for right CBD name module i under search file choose that ncs dummy itself find a right CBD name and look for function to check or uncheck (aktiv/notaktiv).
Thats why i am talking about that in CBD name module c09 i found that functions you mentioned but i cant edit it, but when i let ncs dummy automaticaly find correct CBD file it finds c08 and there is no functions that you wrote, but c08 i can edit or i can check uncheck aktiv or not aktiv, so i assume that is correct CBD name if i can edit it?? And what ive ask one post before is why ncs expert shows a04 CBD name but in ncs dummy i only can edit a08 file? A assumed if ncs expert shows CBD name a04 than that CBD name a04 also must be editable in ncs dummy but its not i can only edit a08 CBD file. So for safety reasons how do i know in future what is correct CBD name to edit in ncs dummy?

No for cappl i always chose e60 chassis. What will be different if i use e90 chassis in case of cappl?

Last edited by markob; 03-02-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0