E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW E93 Logic 7 Retrofit - HELP APPRECIATED

09-29-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
salimshk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport Coupe

BMW E93 Logic 7 Retrofit - HELP APPRECIATED

Hi guys,

So basically I bought a full set L7 of speakers, subs and tweeters for my E64. I then bought a Chinese retrofit cable that was advertised for the F3X models but they told me it would fit my E64 (and later my current E93).

I've now bought an E93, I have a harness and the speakers from the E64. I have iDrive.

A few questions below:

1. Am I right in thinking that as long as the speakers physically fit in their respective locations I shouldn't have a problem as (allegedly) the retrofit harness seems to be the same anyway.

2. There is one harness which connects to the amp and then goes to the subs and speakers. The other is a orange cable which I'm guessing is the fibre optic cable.

a) If the harness goes from the amp to the speakers, do I just disregard the existing wiring harness in the car - the one which is connected to my existing speakers.

b) This harness also has a black and red wire. Obviously must be power and ground but where exactly is the OEM location for these?

b) The harness above has no connectors to get any sort of audio input from the car. I'm guessing this is what the orange cable is for. Does that just go from the amp to the back of the factory headunit?

Any help much appreciated and if there is a DIY it would be even better.

Many thanks

Salim
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 03:49 AM   #2
salimshk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport Coupe

What you saying dead crops?? Nobody that can help? Somebody? Anybody?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 06:25 AM   #3
Sethorion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport LCI 6MT

Garage List
I'm going to do the same pretty soon. I've got a complete HK/Logic 7 kit and plan to retrofit it into my base audio E92.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 07:38 AM   #4
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimshk View Post
Hi guys,

So basically I bought a full set L7 of speakers, subs and tweeters for my E64. I then bought a Chinese retrofit cable that was advertised for the F3X models but they told me it would fit my E64 (and later my current E93).

I've now bought an E93, I have a harness and the speakers from the E64. I have iDrive.

A few questions below:

1. Am I right in thinking that as long as the speakers physically fit in their respective locations I shouldn't have a problem as (allegedly) the retrofit harness seems to be the same anyway.

2. There is one harness which connects to the amp and then goes to the subs and speakers. The other is a orange cable which I'm guessing is the fibre optic cable.

a) If the harness goes from the amp to the speakers, do I just disregard the existing wiring harness in the car - the one which is connected to my existing speakers.

b) This harness also has a black and red wire. Obviously must be power and ground but where exactly is the OEM location for these?

b) The harness above has no connectors to get any sort of audio input from the car. I'm guessing this is what the orange cable is for. Does that just go from the amp to the back of the factory headunit?

Any help much appreciated and if there is a DIY it would be even better.

Many thanks

Salim
Does your car have a MOST network? If you have navigation, Bluetooth or a Combox, then it more than likely does. If so, then the orange fibre cable needs to run from the amp to the MOST junction box. On an E93, the MOST junction box is located behind the left rear passenger side trim panel.

Alternatively, if your car came pre-wired for a CD Changer (many did), on an E93, this is located just above where the Amp sits - the cables are just hanging there, wrapped in velcro. You can re-purpose the CD Changer power, ground and MOST wiring for the Amp. Again, you would still need to adjust the fibre cabling behind the left rear passenger side trim panel.

Assuming your previous speakers were a lower option that HK/L7, then yes, you should probably use the speaker wiring from the harness.
      10-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
Sethorion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport LCI 6MT

Garage List
Do you know where the MOST junction box is on the E92?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 03:01 AM   #6
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethorion View Post
Do you know where the MOST junction box is on the E92?
On the E92, I believe it's behind the rear passenger bolster, on the passenger side of the car. There's videos on youtube for how to access this.