E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Trailer indicator warnings with no trailer attached

10-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
torbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 2006

Trailer indicator warnings with no trailer attached

Hi guys,

I recently replaced the battery on my 2006 330i and since then I am getting warnings for trailer indicator left and right (CCID 6 and 7) whenever I use my left or right turn indicator even though I do not have a trailer attached.

When I use the indicators they flash at the normal speed for two ticks then they start flashing quickly until they are switched off.

The turn indicator bulbs work fine, as well as all the other bulbs on the car. I have reset the error memory to see if this would have any effect, but it has not.

Strangely, if I use the turn indicator with the car switched off the warnings do not appear. Also, with the car switched on, if I use the hazard lights the error doesn't seem to appear.

Do any of you have any idea how I can approach tackling this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0