E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Drivers door card.

10-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
Oldwiggy
England
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Drivers door card.

I had to take my drivers door card off to resecure the interior handle to the card. All went well job done with the only casualty the small plastic clip that hold the door lock button to the mechanism which I’ve now got to replace. Here’s the thing, on the inside of the door panel there are various bits of wiring which were all pretty obvious with one exception… There’s one which looks like maybe a light or temp sensor in the top corner of the door panel nearest the A pillar, I’m just curious as to what it is and it’s purpose, any one care to educate me please.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 03:03 AM   #2
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldwiggy View Post
I had to take my drivers door card off to resecure the interior handle to the card. All went well job done with the only casualty the small plastic clip that hold the door lock button to the mechanism which I’ve now got to replace. Here’s the thing, on the inside of the door panel there are various bits of wiring which were all pretty obvious with one exception… There’s one which looks like maybe a light or temp sensor in the top corner of the door panel nearest the A pillar, I’m just curious as to what it is and it’s purpose, any one care to educate me please.
I think that will be the connection to the LED ambient lighting, that runs along the top of the door card.
      10-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
Oldwiggy
England
Rep

I’ve got ambient lighting on my door card? Every day’s a school day! I just went out to check and yes I do have ambient lighting, I don’t drive much in the dark due to only having vision in one eye. They’re not massively bright when looking at them direct in daylight and don’t appear to run the full length of the panel but I’ll have another look later. I appreciate you taking time to reply brother, thank you.
Appreciate 1
dar2008302.50
      10-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #4
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar2008 View Post
I think that will be the connection to the LED ambient lighting, that runs along the top of the door card.
Ambient lighting in an E9x ?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 06:01 AM   #5
Oldwiggy
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Ambient lighting in an E9x ?
There is on e92 and e93, shines down from the strip near the top third of the door, and the same strip in the back, it’s not very bright but it’s only supposed to be ambient.
Appreciate 0