E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > **STOCK TURBO WORLD RECORD 335i! 509HP/575TQ**

02-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #23
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Very Impressive. Wish xi could get numbers like this
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #24
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Great numbers but I'll be more impressed on how long this setup lasts then anything else. Not trying to rain on the parade, seriously.

What's the boost curve look like besides peaking at 24?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #25
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
I believe the last stock turbo dyno record was held by MM Performance which was without inlets. Can we assume inlets (and proper tuning) provided the edge for this new WR?
Inlets were used on previous record and new record.
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #26
MM Performance
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cp TiAg 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1
I believe the last stock turbo dyno record was held by MM Performance which was without inlets. Can we assume inlets (and proper tuning) provided the edge for this new WR?
No it was with MMP inlets at 500whp but on an auto that has 3% more drivetrain loss than manual. I don't know if this was a manual but if it is makes sense especially if running 24-25psi taper to 21psi or so which is why I'm curious to see the log. I've told a lot of people ever since I made the record that it could easily be broken by an MT. Surprised it took so long as many tried. Big props to the guy that did it. I ran my car on the street hard at those levels for about a year on stock turbos and never had any issues and turbos were perfect when I took them off. I even sold the CHRAs to someone else months ago and they are working perfectly so contrary to popular belief, the turbos will not just blow up right away, they will last if properly tuned, obviously will last less then if at stock boost levels, how much less, who knows, a year was not enough to break them. A couple others tried to break my record that I know of. One a friend in Houston with MMP inlets and straight e85 and he made 495 and I was going to help him break the record but then he stopped caring and he went to the track and made the new stock turbo ET record at 11.01. I know precision racing tried to break it with their inlets but didn't really get close, I think like 475 or something. I know there has been others so congrats to this guy, was cool holding the record for about a year, I don't have a stock turbo car anymore so won't try to break it plus I feel pretty confident that 500whp was the max possible for my auto that did not have outlets upgraded. 515 Is what I predicted the max is on an MT with inlets so I think there is still small room to get a 515whp record for someone out there that wants to try with passenger side inlets that flow more than drivers side inlets.

However with outlets now, the bar has changed, I think with passenger side inlets and MMP outlets that flow much more and are much bigger than the others on the market, I think there is a 530whp out there to grab on stock turbos with e85 and MT. Let's see if someone has the will to try it later on
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #27
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM Performance View Post
I don't know if this was a manual but if it is makes sense especially if running 24-25psi taper to 21psi or so which is why I'm curious to see the log.
He is 6AT not 6MT. I just checked his map and mod list for his vehicle that we have on file. I run a different configured map for 6MT cars specifically
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #28
MM Performance
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ
Quote:
I don't know if this was a manual but if it is makes sense especially if running 24-25psi taper to 21psi or so which is why I'm curious to see the log.
He is 6AT not 6MT. I just checked his map and mod list for his vehicle that we have on file. I run a different configured map for 6MT cars specifically
Very very impressive then!!

Post up a log to check it out or just email me the link if you want to keep it private. Curious to see the data.

Also saw a technicality in another thread about this record, the red run that made 509whp was due to a blip in the readings after the run so it's not quite accurate, the highest run was the blue run in 5th gear at 508, I am totally fine with it being in 5th gear seeing as the last two records were in 5th and for an auto it's very close to an MT in 4th as far as final drive ratio due to the different gearings.

If 508 was with an auto, than there is still a 525whp out there with an MT and maybe a 540 with FBO, inlets, outlets, MT, and e85, seems crazy high for stock turbos....but possible, maybe someday

Also the fact this was on e60! WOW, didn't think that would have enough octane to make that power on stockers. I still prefer to run e85 though for consistency.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #29
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Post up a log to check it out or just email me the link if you want to keep it private. Curious to see the data.
As mentioned before I had no idea of any of this was going on other than hearing it through indirect channels. I didn't hear from the owner of the car until this morning.

So its totally up to him to post it if there were any logs done as I am unaware of any
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #30
MM Performance
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ
Quote:

As mentioned before I had no idea of any of this was going on other than hearing it through indirect channels. I didn't hear from the owner of the car until this morning.

So its totally up to him to post it if there were any logs done as I am unaware of any
Would be a shame if he didn't have a log, but oh well, still the record
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #31
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98 View Post
Why does one of the graphs look completely different from the others?
They did one run in 5th (which doesn't count for comparison/records), so it's 509/565.

No logs? That's too bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #32
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

As long as we are arguing about semantics, it could just be a high reading dyno...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
As long as we are arguing about semantics, it could just be a high reading dyno...
Who's arguing? I'm just clarifying since it's a record and all. Dynojets all read the same mostly.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #34
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
They did one run in 5th (which doesn't count for comparison/records), so it's 509/565.

No logs? That's too bad.
Perhaps you forgot, the previous record tuned by Terry himself was done in 5th gear also that was "dyno tuned" . The new record holder was only street tuned gear for gear. So the power you see is realistic real world power.

Its up to the owner to post his logs. Dont get me mixed up with another tuner that gags his customers from posting logs up, Im all for logs to shut some lips up especially when certain people like to guess, make assumptions, speculate and conjecture of having no mf clue as to whats going on and what is trying to be achieved.

Looking for flat lines ? lol, trust me you wont see it.

Last edited by BQTuning; 02-20-2016 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2016, 03:10 PM   #35
jlcf22
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i09

so how do you run 24psi on cobb only? Maxboost? I thought you guys were getting rid of it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #36
zmon1300
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Xdrive Coupe

Just talked to Rani, no logs.
      02-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #37
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Perhaps you forgot, the previous record tuned by Terry himself was done in 5th gear also that was "dyno tuned" . The new record holder was only street tuned gear for gear. So the power you see is realistic real world power.

Its up to the owner to post his logs. Dont get me mixed up with another tuner that gags his customers from posting logs up, Im all for logs to shut some lips up especially when certain people like to guess, make assumptions, speculate and conjecture of having no mf clue as to whats going on and what is trying to be achieved.

Looking for flat lines ? lol, trust me you wont see it.
Lol, ok well for one I wasn't criticizing. Dude asked why the pulls didn't line up, I answered his question. And Terry's 5th gear run doesn't count either. Why you tripping? I'm not saying anything bad here at all, 509hp is a lot. Just pointing out the record torque would be the 4th gear number, for comparison sake. And honestly real world power the way you tune is likely higher than this anyway, for better or for worse, a dyno won't show you "real world power" that's what the track is for. Dyno is just a tool for comparison, thus the criteria. I see no issue here?

I'm sure there's no flat boost lines in his logs since he's presumably running an upgraded map sensor for this. Because, you know, tuning above sensor limits is in fact stupid. And so are people that interpret the map sensor max as actual boost, they are also stupid. Luckily, you know nothing about this with your tuning. Regardless I see absolutely no conjecture in my post. Just a brief statement of well accepted facts.

Congrats to the OP, those are some big numbers for stock fans. I was interested in logs to see just how far you guys pushed it, don't really care if they exist or not. And what tuners hides logs? People wanna go fast cool do it! As long as they know what they're getting into, and I have no doubt you made that clear. So how about drop the attitude, let the man enjoy his record. The 4th gear one, which is very impressive.
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #38
TGNY 335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22 View Post
so how do you run 24psi on cobb only? Maxboost? I thought you guys were getting rid of it
I do know that Cobb offered a "race logic" for two specific roms by request to get to the stock sensor limit. Which is physically 22psi. But on stock sensor I wouldn't go past 21psi.

Unless Cobb changed something. Idk...

But...iirc...you can tune past the sensor limit with the right manipulation I think on Cobb. Not safe tho. As you loose the PID system to my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #39
335ixdrive18
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xdrive

V8bait and any one else that this may concern, I have personally driven in this car many times and have helped the owner rani do many upgrades to his car. He has been tuned by buraQ since day one. I myself am tuned by his partner Ken. Since the beginning when I recommended Wedge tuning to rani, he has never had issues. He has always received full support at almost any given time by BuraQ or by Ken. His car is truly reliable, even at the levels it is being pushed. We have went over logs over and over again for quite sometime. BuraQ has never pushed the car to "dangerous levels". He is very careful and precise with his tuning. The logs always looked fantastic. And I can say Ranis most recent log a few days ago looks VERY good. Hpfp is staying at a healthy level, along with everything else. "Givemthedd" Dave, has also been in the car and has seen just how consistent and reliable his car truly is. Zmon1300 has also seen the car in action and can attest to the fact that it is wicked. Congrats to the Wedge tuning team and rani for breaking the stock turbo world record. There is no need to argue and make unnecessary speculations. Rani was not in the vehicle during the dyno, he was to excited staring at the graph as the car was dynoed, so there is no logs, sorry. If he wants to show his most recent log, more power to him.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #40
MM Performance
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmon1300
Just talked to Rani, no logs.
How about a street log he has with the tune he ran on the dyno, will mostly show what's important
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #41
MM Performance
Major
Rep

Also, everyone just calm down, breaking this record is a positive thing and congrats again to Rani. But please let's not turn this thread negative. I feel like BQ you should turn it down a bit, you came in the thread guns cocked, lol, just take it easy and congrats on the tune!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #42
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
Who's arguing? I'm just clarifying since it's a record and all. Dynojets all read the same mostly.
Sorry, I meant bickering?

Sorry for making it a negative thread, I just thought I was making legitimate points since I saw percentages of drivetrain losses being discussed LOL

To me it's just a number but I guess it's cool for the platform. I just don't think the turbo's will last much at this level. So we'll see. I'm sure Wedge/Buraq tuned the car to the safest they can do and they have no control on turbo longevity or what the customer wants to do with his vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #43
MARZPOPS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xdrive sedan NOT STOCK

Damn this thread reminds me of how people argue at meets and races just stfu and enjoy ur car damn
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #44
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNY 335 View Post
I do know that Cobb offered a "race logic" for two specific roms by request to get to the stock sensor limit. Which is physically 22psi. But on stock sensor I wouldn't go past 21psi.

Unless Cobb changed something. Idk...

But...iirc...you can tune past the sensor limit with the right manipulation I think on Cobb. Not safe tho. As you loose the PID system to my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're absolutely right. The PID system is for chumps anyway; engineers and other nerds. Not for making records, for that you need balls, someone else's car, and waivers of liability :-)

Just so it doesn't get twisted (geez guys) I'm happy for the OP, great power! But Demitri coming out super defensive gives me pause, more than him coming out marketing guns blazing. To some of us, how you make the power is just as important as the power itself (at least for regular use tunes, which is what this is being described as). I know that kind of thinking is discouraged on e90post, but I really can't help myself.
Appreciate 1