E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > !Unicorn Alert! 2011 328i Wagon/M-Sport/6MT/RWD/LeMans/Saddle/49k

05-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: `13 VW JSW TDI, `90 MX-5

Arrow !Unicorn Alert! 2011 328i Wagon/M-Sport/6MT/RWD/LeMans/Saddle/49k

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2011 328i Wagon, M-Sport, 6MT, RWD, LeMans Blue/Saddle Brown -- 49k, Clean, Service Records, with Extras! (Northern IN)

VIN: WBAUT9C57BA189809
Year: 2011
Make: BMW
Model: 328i Sports Wagon
Price: $24,000 USD
Mileage: 49,xxx
Transmission type: 6 Speed Manual
Body Type (sedan, coupe, convertible, wagon): Wagon
Exterior Color: LeMans Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Saddle Brown, Dark Burl Walnut trim
Packages: M-Sport, Value
Options: Adaptive Xenon headlights, power/heated front seats, satellite radio, park distance control (rear), black roof rails
Title status: Clear, in-hand (no liens)

(Build sheet attached)

This 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon has 49k miles and has the rare combination of a 6-speed manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. Finished in beautiful LeMans Blue Metallic over Saddle Brown Dakota leather and equipped with the M-Sport Package, which includes factory Sport suspension, Sport seats, rear parking distance control, M-Sport steering wheel, Dark Burl Walnut interior trim, Anthracite headliner, and Shadowline exterior trim. Car comes on the factory staggered Style 194M 17x8 front, 17x8.5 rear alloys with brand-new tires (Continental ExtremeContact Sport). Original Monroney sticker is included (MSRP: $43,720).

This example was ordered by the original owner through BMW of Austin. He owned it until around 20k miles when he passed away suddenly in July 2013. His wife (second owner) transferred ownership at an estate sale to the third owner, the couple’s Austin-based veterinarian. The third owner kept the car for less than a year and around 5k miles when I made purchase in May 2015 at 26k as the fourth owner. It was a secondary vehicle for the first three owners and has been my daily since purchase.

This is my 3rd 3 series and far and above it has been the favorite. If I have a rough day at work, walking up to this wagon is instant relief. It’s been an extremely solid, comfortable, and engaging machine every day. Sadly, it is time to let it go to a new enthusiast owner to care for it as I make room for something different, probably more boring.

It is in excellent mechanical condition and cosmetic condition. Carfax (attached) is clean showing no accidents, though there has been some paintwork, detailed below. Always owned by non-smokers, never any pets inside. Never tracked or autocrossed. I was searching for this spec – 6MT, RWD, M-Sport, no nav, not specifically this color combination – for around 6 months when I found this in Austin, TX (listed for 21 days…seriously??). I jumped on it, paid asking price, and was soon driving it back to Indiana.

Service History:
I have a notebook of receipts/service records from May 2015 on and some from prior owners, plus an electronic file to document service history that will go with the car. Oil changes have been consistent 5-8k miles, early ones by the dealer while I’ve done my own using LiquiMoly (fresh oil and filter late-April) and Mann or Mahle filters. No additional oil has been needed between oil change intervals with this N52; my previous E36 and E46 needed 1 qt between, so a lack of consumption has been a pleasant surprise. Valve cover and oil filter housing are dry, some dry seepage from the rear oil pan gasket (not enough to drip). I’ve done most of my own maintenance/repairs using either Genuine BMW or OE parts. I would not hesitate to drive it cross-country – car is 100% ready to go.

Fluids:
Engine oil – LiquiMoly Special Tec 5W30
Transmission oil – Pentosin MTF2 75W80
Differential oil – Redline 75W90 Gear Oil (will be serviced before sale)
Brake/Clutch fluid – ATE Super Blue
Power Steering fluid – CHF 11
Coolant – 50/50 BMW Coolant/Distilled Water

List of most notable items addressed within last few years:
• Takata airbag recall, new summer tires, four-wheel alignment, front brake rotors, oil and filter service, transmission fluid service, alternator clutch pulley (48k)
• Ignition coils and spark plugs, eccentric shaft sensor and seal, valve cover gasket (44k)
• Cabin microfilter (42k)
• Accessory belt tensioner, belt, deflection pulley (41k)
• Power steering pump (38k)
• Power steering fluid reservoir, reservoir, fluid replaced (31k)
• Coolant flush (30k)
• Brake/clutch fluid flush (28k)
• Battery cable recall (26k)

Upgrades:
• 330i 3-stage intake manifold
• DINAN axle-back exhaust
• DINAN rear sway bar
• CDV removed
• Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads
• Ziza E91 LED Interior Lighting kit
• OEM gloss black front grilles
• Rear foglights enabled
• OEM Bluetooth for calling installed, ready to enable
• OEM ZHP shift knob
• OEM Euro Split armrest, recovered in original Dakota Saddle Brown

Additionally, I have a several original parts, spares, and accessories to go along, including a set of Weathertech winter floor mats, a BMW fitted rubber cargo trunk liner, and D-CAN diagnostic cable with software. I would possibly include the winter wheel/tire set, Style 268 16x7 and 205/55/16 Dunlop Winter Sport D4s with 1 season left.

Full Disclosure:
As an enthusiast and someone who has purchased several interesting cars over the years, most from a distance, I feel strongly about being as fair and honest as I can. Here is a list of all known issues that any seriously interested parties should be aware of…

• The front bumper was just replaced with OEM and paint-matched due to curb rash and stone chips. Additionally, the car has had some level of paintwork done prior to me. The rear hatch, passenger side, hood, and both front fenders appear to have been resprayed and the right rear wheel refinished. A couple right rear suspension arms and the rear triangle brace had damage when I bought the car – those have been replaced. Unfortunately, I don’t have any records for that paintwork and you won’t find it on the Carfax; my best guess is a light off-road excursion into some brush. (I managed to track down the Texas shop that did the work; however, due to privacy concerns, they will not give me copies of the records to keep with the vehicle.) That said, the paintwork was performed to a high standard – if I wouldn’t have mentioned this, most wouldn’t know without scrutinizing.
• It comes with one key. Third owner told me he lost the second key “in the move”. My wife doesn’t like driving a stick, so I never had a need for a second key.
• 2 minor annoyances: (1) the power steering pump has a barely-audible whine when idled down from a cold-start or when warmed-up above 4k rpm. I replaced the fluid reservoir then installed a used pump – likely needs a new pump. (2) the onboard computer is sometimes unresponsive to BC and scroll inputs. This appears related to colder temperatures; I replaced the turn signal stalk with used, and the behavior improved but isn’t gone. From my research, I believe there is a short in the PCB wires somewhere inside the stalk.

EXTERIOR 8.5/10 Paint has depth and shines beautifully, even with a film of dirt. Hand-wash only, paint sealants/waxes 2x/yr. She’s not Concourse but very clean and shows well. So there will be stone chips here and there and faint scratches in the clear coat.

There are a handful of small dings around the car added prior to my ownership; you have to look for them, some only in proper lighting. Undercarriage is clean – being from Texas, it didn’t see snow until 2015, and the last two winters have been minor by northern Indiana standards.

INTERIOR 9/10 Leather in great shape, no cracking or holes, conditioning/deep cleaning yearly. Smells like leather inside. Driver’s torso bolster shows minor slight wear and one small cut in the middle of the thigh bolster that was there when I bought it – hard to see and it hasn’t enlarged. Rear seats are not used frequently and show it – my kids usually travel in my wife’s crossover. A couple of minor scuffs on trim here and there. All electronics work – windows, seats, sunroof, radio, etc. – except for the aforementioned BC button on occasion. I’ll be swapping back to the original M-Sport shift knob and boot for the new owner.

This has been a special car to me with many memories attached. I would rather pass on to a fellow enthusiast where it can be appreciated rather than let a dealer peddle it on trade.

Car is located in northern Indiana (Goshen, IN 46528) and can be seen by appointment only for those seriously interested. As far as shipping, I've never done it -- if a buyer wants to ship the car, it will be their responsibility to make arrangements and provide guidance. Since I drive it daily, mileage will increase slightly until I purchase its replacement. Being sold AS-IS, no warranty given or implied.

Please contact me via email: mkrazit at gmail dot com

More photos at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umxpcds6z...HmWSkRAta?dl=0. (Disclaimer: I’m not a professional; I took these quickly with a relatively clean car. It deserves its Spring detail which will happen in the next few days in order to take more glamour shots and show more details.)

Attached Images
File Type: pdf bmwarchive_org_a189809.pdf (599.5 KB, 140 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Carfax_A189809.doc (465.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by mkrazit; 05-03-2018 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Correction to wheel spec
Appreciate 1
BIGGNS403.00
      05-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #2
BIGGNS
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Defensively

My twin but with the correct number of pedals! I'll ask if my wife wants to drive matching cars

BTW, those are style 194s. 193s are 18"

Former: E91 328i ZMP /// E91 328i /// E91 328i /// F30 335iX /// E90 328iX /// E34 525iT
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGNS View Post
My twin but with the correct number of pedals! I'll ask if my wife wants to drive matching cars

BTW, those are style 194s. 193s are 18"
2 M-Sport wagons must be better than one.

Thanks for the catch on the wheels -- been in this for 3 years and I still get those 2 mixed up!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
AWSB328iM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i M-Sport 6MT

Throw this up on BAT ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
rattmobbins
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 Escalade, '07 530 xiT

I'm interested in this but your pics aren't showing up. Can you try and PM them to me?

Also, are you firm on price?
      05-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #6
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSB328iM View Post
Throw this up on BAT ASAP!
The thought crossed my mind... I wanted to try E90Post first then open it up if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
I'm interested in this but your pics aren't showing up. Can you try and PM them to me?

Also, are you firm on price?
I sent you a PM. Not sure if you couldn't access the Dropbox link (works in Firefox and Chrome) or the embedded Dropbox-linked photos in this thread. Attached are those embedded from this thread to help you out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
4151zero
HOV clogger
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 and i3 BEV

fantastic car, color, combo! GLWS, can't wait to see it on BAT ! In case it doesn't get full asking here.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Sale pending...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #10
brads2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Wagon

Nice car, good price!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
mkrazit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

SOLD!

This Wagon has a new owner that just took delivery. Congrats to Sam for being the new caretaker of this unicorn!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
AWSB328iM397.00
      05-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #12
Sam_in_MA
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i M-Sport 6MT

Lucky new owner - E91 M-Sport

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and lucky to be the new driver of this very special E91. Looking forward to exploring this forum further, but first I have to send a huge shoutout to mkrazit for being the most conscientious and reasonable seller I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and a cool guy to boot. He went far beyond the call of duty in his representation of this car, to say nothing of his maintenance practices. Wishing him all the best in his search for a new daily.

Gotta call it a day now. 1850 miles in 42 hours and wiped out.
Appreciate 3
      05-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #13
AWSB328iM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_in_MA View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and lucky to be the new driver of this very special E91. Looking forward to exploring this forum further, but first I have to send a huge shoutout to mkrazit for being the most conscientious and reasonable seller I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and a cool guy to boot. He went far beyond the call of duty in his representation of this car, to say nothing of his maintenance practices. Wishing him all the best in his search for a new daily.

Great story! Hope you share some more about the car!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #14
M_Dennis87
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SOLD:'12 E91 rwd 6mt | '01 Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_in_MA View Post

Congrats! Wow there's quite a few of us here in MA now. Welcome to the club.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #15
Sam_in_MA
Rep

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Dennis87 View Post
Congrats! Wow there's quite a few of us here in MA now. Welcome to the club.
I'm in Westford, by Lowell. Would love to meet up at some point and admire some other E91s. Last time I was active in the BMW community I was driving E28s, but man it's good to be back!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #16
Sam_in_MA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSB328iM View Post
Great story! Hope you share some more about the car!
Sure will. Car needs a good detail after the drive back to MA and with all this pollen flying around.

After that I'll start getting more familiar with mechanicals, but so far there's nothing I feel I need to change about the setup. mkrazit made some small, tasteful modifications that I like (CDV delete, 3-stage intake manifold, LED interior lights, split center armrest, black kidneys) and PO had done Dinan muffler and rear sway. The *only* item on my wishlist at this point would be LSD, but not because this car will be going sideways or driven in the snow, just because I imagine it would complete the setup.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #17
brads2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Wagon

awesome story and well bought car. I am glad you had some time to get familiar with the car. You should start with a 3.73 open and see how you like it. I picked one up on ebay for 150 shipped with under 50k on it. My other mods are similar with the exception of headers and the diff swap was my favorite.

there does seem to be a cluster of these forming...I am right outside of Manchester NH.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #18
Sam_in_MA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brads2002 View Post
awesome story and well bought car. I am glad you had some time to get familiar with the car. You should start with a 3.73 open and see how you like it. I picked one up on ebay for 150 shipped with under 50k on it. My other mods are similar with the exception of headers and the diff swap was my favorite.

there does seem to be a cluster of these forming...I am right outside of Manchester NH.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I won't be using the car much on the highway, but on the long drive home from IN I really enjoyed the tall gearing. IIRC 80mph is roughly 2500rpm in 6th. I'm at 3k+ on my Mini or in the Miata.
Appreciate 0