E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > **STOCK TURBO WORLD RECORD 335i! 509HP/575TQ**

02-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #45
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Sorry, I meant bickering?

Sorry for making it a negative thread, I just thought I was making legitimate points since I saw percentages of drivetrain losses being discussed LOL

To me it's just a number but I guess it's cool for the platform. I just don't think the turbo's will last much at this level. So we'll see. I'm sure Wedge/Buraq tuned the car to the safest they can do and they have no control on turbo longevity or what the customer wants to do with his vehicle.
Fosho, I'd rep that.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #46
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM Performance View Post
Also, everyone just calm down, breaking this record is a positive thing and congrats again to Rani. But please let's not turn this thread negative. I feel like BQ you should turn it down a bit, you came in the thread guns cocked, lol, just take it easy and congrats on the tune!
Bro, I think your missing the other piece of the puzzle with my riddle of my indirect blazing guns towards a specific individual that trolls our posts, and only those whom are acquainted with his shnit talk on the other side of the fense knows where I am coming from. It's not directed to anyone other than him. I'll just leave it as that, just watch and observe. BTW I did see your pm will reply shortly waiting for Rani to give me the permission as I need his approval first.

Last edited by BQTuning; 02-20-2016 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #47
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22 View Post
so how do you run 24psi on cobb only? Maxboost? I thought you guys were getting rid of it
He is being scaled and I'll leave as that. PID are 100% doing its job also.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #48
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Bro, I think your missing the other piece of the puzzle with my riddle of my indirect blazing guns towards a specific individual that trolls our posts, and only those whom are acquainted with his shnit talk on the other side of the fense knows where I am coming from. It's not directed to anyone other than him. I'll just leave it as that, just watch and observe. BTW I did see your pm will reply shortly waiting for Rani to give me the permission as I need his approval first.
Lmao. I just call it how I see it. If I see logs 3psi over target or ?? over target, with blatant disregard for safety systems, boosting over sensor limits etc... I'm going to say something. To this thread with only a dyno, I said no such things. I ONLY said good numbers and commented to compare, use 4th, not 5th numbers. No logs posted to look at. And I don't troll your threads. I comment on things I see. Trademarking "Advanced Boost Control" that was neither advanced nor controlled I called out to hopefully keep people who can't read logs for falling for the misnomer. Flat timing "curves" at 15.5 degrees your team ran. I could go on and on, but this isn't the place. At least Ken has learned to avoid some of these things, and isn't full of BS marketing at every turn.

Ultimately it's the owners choice what they do and who they trust. I'm not profiting here and I ain't selling shit. If you ever post logs/dynos/whatever with boost tracing target with active control and safeties you'd find yourself getting props instead of "trolled". I don't "troll" PTF threads, or BMS threads, or self-tuned threads. Because they either tune cars intelligently, or literally take the risk in their own hands, instead of saving emails of the customer accepting risk to counter the haters (apparently, me).

I don't think this is off topic seeing as you brought it up. Thanks, maybe some people will learn a thing or two. Or maybe you can explain to me how all these bad practices are safe because logs look clean?
Appreciate 3
      02-20-2016, 05:38 PM   #49
Bumbleb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92

Quote:
Very very impressive then!!

Post up a log to check it out or just email me the link if you want to keep it private. Curious to see the data.

Also saw a technicality in another thread about this record, the red run that made 509whp was due to a blip in the readings after the run so it's not quite accurate, the highest run was the blue run in 5th gear at 508, I am totally fine with it being in 5th gear seeing as the last two records were in 5th and for an auto it's very close to an MT in 4th as far as final drive ratio due to the different gearings.

If 508 was with an auto, than there is still a 525whp out there with an MT and maybe a 540 with FBO, inlets, outlets, MT, and e85, seems crazy high for stock turbos....but possible, maybe someday

Also the fact this was on e60! WOW, didn't think that would have enough octane to make that power on stockers. I still prefer to run e85 though for consistency.
Wow you pretty much just quoted my set up. I am excited. However, I do not really dyno just run on the street. FBO Inlets and your outlets 100% E85 via Fuel-it PI (being worked in now) and 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #50
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
      02-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #51
MM Performance
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cp TiAg 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleb
Quote:
Very very impressive then!!

Post up a log to check it out or just email me the link if you want to keep it private. Curious to see the data.

Also saw a technicality in another thread about this record, the red run that made 509whp was due to a blip in the readings after the run so it's not quite accurate, the highest run was the blue run in 5th gear at 508, I am totally fine with it being in 5th gear seeing as the last two records were in 5th and for an auto it's very close to an MT in 4th as far as final drive ratio due to the different gearings.

If 508 was with an auto, than there is still a 525whp out there with an MT and maybe a 540 with FBO, inlets, outlets, MT, and e85, seems crazy high for stock turbos....but possible, maybe someday

Also the fact this was on e60! WOW, didn't think that would have enough octane to make that power on stockers. I still prefer to run e85 though for consistency.
Wow you pretty much just quoted my set up. I am excited. However, I do not really dyno just run on the street. FBO Inlets and your outlets 100% E85 via Fuel-it PI (being worked in now) and 6MT.
Well if your serious about it make sure you get a 3.5bar or 4 bar sensor because you will need to push the turbos to their max. You will need to make at least 25psi taper to 21 if not a bit more, just basically push the turbos to their max WGDC with as much timing as possible (12-15* somewhere in there) without seeing significant timing drops from boost or timing, take it slow and work up to it with your tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #52
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Lol it's kinda too bad there's not a log. Proper boost control with cobb and maxboost would be cool to see for a record run, instead of these blazing guns, especially since he says boost is scaled :-)

Unless, of course, he still thinks PID can work with the sensor maxed out. Because he used to think that. True story.
Appreciate 3
      02-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #53
stari335
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

What the hell is the point of this glory when shit like this falls apart quick? Hey OP will you post glory shots of your damage soon too? I know you won't. Most guys doing shit like this never do when it breaks. Just dumb but whatever floats your boat.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #54
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stari335 View Post
What the hell is the point of this glory when shit like this falls apart quick? Hey OP will you post glory shots of your damage soon too? I know you won't. Most guys doing shit like this never do when it breaks. Just dumb but whatever floats your boat.
Did you even read this thread? This was no glory run, it's on a street tune. And Mauricio w/ MMP was the previous stock turbo record holder and drove his car like that hard for about a year without blowing out the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 11:26 PM   #55
AaronZ34
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
I'm not profiting here and I ain't selling shit.
I call shenanigans. Look guys, it's a hooker!

I should have wasted $75 and gone and made 530 at the wheels just to shut everyone the fvck up.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #56
AaronZ34
Banned
Rep

I guess it wouldn't be fair though, because I actually take logs. 6500ft altitude and I've got 20psi under 2500rpm.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 05:35 AM   #57
jtswole
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Curious, what the hpfp, dips down to on initial hit?
      02-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #58
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswole View Post
Curious, what the hpfp, dips down to on initial hit?
The most it dips to is between 1550-1700 psi on the onset of WOT based on his most current street logs.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #59
AaronZ34
Banned
Rep

Why does it take so long to hit full boost? And why so little power at redline? I thought this wasn't a dyno Queen.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #60
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronZ34
Why does it take so long to hit full boost? And why so little power at redline? I thought this wasn't a dyno Queen.
It's not a dyno Queen. I was in Tempe for work and had the chance to ride in this car while dialing the car in on the street.

That being said- I think he only got 4 revisions prior to hitting the dyno.

I saw your other post as well, any particular reason you are soon irritated? Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 05:14 PM   #61
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Possible boost or vac leak?

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 07:00 PM   #62
924er
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i '10

Cobb Is No Longer Supported For The N54!!!

Cobb Is Obsolete !!

Get the holy Mhd TUNE!!

Suckaa!

DCI intakes, ER chargepipe, TIAL BOV,
VRSF 5in FMIC, BMS Downpipes COBB e30
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 07:37 PM   #63
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronZ34 View Post
So what is your concept of a dyno queen ?

So you think having 20 PSI come at 2500 RPM is going to win you a roll race on that car ? Most roll races start at 40 mph in 3rd gear which puts you right at 2500 RPM.

You are driving a car I know its very weakness and strengths in and out does your tuner ? Be careful of those wheel hops, when you start to feel vibrations in your driveline after a period of time when you accelerate let us know.

Here are my time slips, do you think it was a dyno queen ? Same car as yours a 335is DCT, full weight, 260 lbs driver, half tank of gas and got PROOF to back it up. Stock inlets, Catted downpipes, stock turbos, no meth, E60 fuel.

See I made it fair, same car, technically your FBO+ and you have a better tuner , don't let me down .

We can do a VBOX, let me know when your ready

Be careful don't break anything while you're at the track. Wish you were here in Florida would call ya out in a heartbeat and capture it on HD. VBOX sounds very good, let me know. Im calling you and your tuner out 335is vs 335is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Possible boost or vac leak?
Naa, the wonders the choice of inlets can do.............

Last edited by BQTuning; 02-21-2016 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #64
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

God damn I have got to see these logs from the OP's car in the video.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 08:51 PM   #65
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub View Post
God damn I have got to see these logs from the OP's car in the video.
Do you remember that in-box sound for AOL mail ?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #66
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok I'm done playing the hater and feeding trolls. BuraQ it's kinda funny, to me this was just another record dyno. Your post was suspect though, which I'm used to as I look at all of your posts closer than anyone else in the community. Which you brought to yourself. It was suspect because you were already defensive and talking about emails where the owner gave consent, etc etc. What really got me was how you play the numbers like being tuned on the street makes them more impressive or something. Why? Numbers on a dyno are just that, numbers on a dyno. If you got them from street tuning or lucky guessing makes no difference unless you have some logs to prove whatever confusing point you're trying to sell people. I think it's that this tune is actually driven.... ok then, so what, MMP drove his dyno queen tune, does that make the numbers cooler too? Or less queeny?

I wasn't hating at all. Guy made a few clerical mistakes. I corrected them as others did on other forums. No biggie. But you wanna call me a hater I'll be one. Mostly because your points here are not backed up by anything but conjecture per the course. I've been enjoying every second of this watching you get pissed off because, I honestly don't care lol.

I don't care how people tune these cars. I don't care how PTF, Wedge, Triggz, Spxx, Terry, Shiv etc does things. If I see a log with a concern I voice it. And I do care that vendors market honestly, especially in tunes. Not this Advanced Yada Yada, Qlogic, whatever. It's flash tuning, there's no Q anything. There's Siemens logic unless you've added it, which you haven't. Saying you retain PID boost control when over the map limit is a lie. I don't care if you use a manual boost controller or tie the gates closed with chicken wire, just don't hide behind marketing gimmicks and at least acknowledge the downsides with the upsides to whatever approach you're using. You're exactly like shiv was, take example from your partner and embrace the fact you don't know everything and maybe you'll learn something new, it's obvious he's come a long way since he started. Crazy thought right? We all just learned something new last week, because of Dzenno, and you were the only group saying the issue didn't exist. Come on now, stop it. It's a community not BQ tuning vs the world.

Aaron has a 6MT btw.

Last edited by V8bait; 02-21-2016 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 1