E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Driver's side window not functional at all after FRM2 retrofit

12-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #1
Shall76
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Arrow Driver's side window not functional at all after FRM2 retrofit

Hey everyone,
I recently did a FRM --> FRM2 install to my car. Everything works well but somehow the drivers side window isn't working at all. All the other windows work with the one-touch up and down, but the driver's side doesn't move at all. When I press the window switch for the drivers window, I hear a click sound from the FRM2 module, but nothing moves at all. Another thing that pops up on the I-Drive is the "Power window anti-trap function disabled" that pops up every 5 seconds and disappears. Here are a bunch of things I did to try to resolve it:
-Checked the fuses (all good)
-Reset the FRM module with a blank FSW_PSW.MAN file (also did the CAS modules just in case)
-Checked for error codes stored in the modules using INPA (had none that concerns this problem)
-Did the reset the window by holding down the button for 5-20 in the all down/up postion
-Made sure the VO's on the modules matched the order of my car (and it did)
But none of these has helped! Any input on this is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Reset the NFRM in the correct way. ExpertMode (without FSW_PSW manipulation).

Try this in INPA:

- Choose chassis
- Karosserie
- Footwell module FRMXX
- Activate

(That's off the top of my head)

Also are you doing the manual window rest properly? As the window goes down hold the window button up for 5 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:19 AM   #3
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

It seems that something is disconnected. Initialization doesn't help here, cause window roll doesn't react on press button at all. What errors INPA gives you?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
Shall76
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Reset the NFRM in the correct way. ExpertMode (without FSW_PSW manipulation).

Try this in INPA:

- Choose chassis
- Karosserie
- Footwell module FRMXX
- Activate

(That's off the top of my head)

Also are you doing the manual window rest properly? As the window goes down hold the window button up for 5 seconds.
The problem in INPA is that it gives an error: requested control unit "FRM_87" not found. Control unit found "FRM_70". So there isn't a way I can access the module on INPA. I think it might've been a bad INPA install but every other module works besides the FRM module. And yes, the window procedure has been done correctly. One of the rear windows had that problem and I was able to fix it, but not the drivers side window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
It seems that something is disconnected. Initialization doesn't help here, cause window roll doesn't react on press button at all. What errors INPA gives you?
Here are the errors in INPA:
JBBF - A72A, A72B, A6D9
DME/DDE - 2F6C, 2AAF, 2DED
TEL/MULF - A375, A379
CAS - A0B0, A0B5, A10A, D904
RADIO- A536
KOMBI- A3B2
FRM - 9CC1, 9CCF
CID - A468, E5C4

Also, I recently switched back to my old FRM1 module to see if the error would disappear, and it didn't So my guess now is that it doesn't have anything to do with the FRM modules? Could it be another module? Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
werner1337
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E38 740i

Did you change the production date to 0307 before VO coding the frm2?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 03:31 PM   #6
Falbe_C
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90

Did you ever fix this and what was the fix? I am struggling deeply with the same issue. I recently got my frm reflashed and everything works as expected EXCEPT the driver window will not move at all, and when I do push the button their is 1 click from the frm module.
Appreciate 0