E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Good Mechanic in SLC.

12-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
E92~illogicAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Good Mechanic in SLC.

Hey guys, so I have a leaky valve cover. I have a few mods that make the job a little easier, ie: mostly cowl delete is the biggest. But I need someone who is trustworthy to do the job and not rip me off. I'm not paying $900 bucks to get it done. Anyone know someone who I can take it too?! I also have some upgrades that I need put on. So if they're fair in price I might have them do the turbos as well. I have a new upgraded set good for 800bhp. I was planning on doing them myself but my time is limited atm. I know a few shops but have heard iffy reviews about both. Thanks guys and gals!! This is my first BMW and want to do it right!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
jamaicaLemons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 6mt

I can do your valve cover and I live in cottonwood heights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
E92~illogicAL
United_States
Rep

I ended up taking it to Utah Imports and having them do them. But thank you very much!! In fact if you have the ability I do want to get the new turbos in. They're 2 pieced so the manifold and turbos are separate. So it should only take the removal of the downpipes and push the steering rack forward. Once again I would love to do it myself but my time is limited. If you are interested I can give you my number and we can talk price. I live in Sandy so I'm not far from ya. Thank you again, I appreciate you getting back to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
jamaicaLemons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 6mt

Hey do you still need your turbos done?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
E92~illogicAL
United_States
Rep

Actually I don't. I have had a string of back luck and am waiting on some new I12 injectors they should be here in a few days as I ordered them from FCP. So I have the two upgraded turbos I need to put on, a JB4, inlets and outlets, a forge DV set up, and catch cans. I wanted the car at 100 before I threw anything extra at her. But if you're looking to make some extra money and are interested lmk. If not I'm gonna wait another month or so for the weather to get a little better and kick it in to high gear and get it done lol.

The turbos are a two piece design, so it should be pulling the downpipes and push the steering rack forward and not having to drop the subframe at all. Hopefully pretty clear cut. I have a install kit from MMP. So I'm doin it right, and not re-using any stretched or worn out parts.
Appreciate 0