E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > [SOVLED] E90 CIC Pro - AUX does't work

01-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #23
toby_2028
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 320D E90 LCI 184HK AT. M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
An android unit that uses the aux will have the same sound
quality loss I believe.
There have been some large discussions on the stereo sub forum
about this.
yep. your right.
There are hiss on the aux in on max vol. I have the new expensive cic android 8.1, and besiddes the hiss from the speakers, the units software is buggy and poorly done. The android unit I had in my 2003 Golf was 100 times better. Going to return it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #24
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The aux normally doesn't have hiss. But it cuts the fidelity down.
Might be partially due to the Inputs its getting . Some people use
headphone DAC's to make it a little better.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 01:27 AM   #25
kNuTz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
You could try setting:

CDMM_AUX_HU to 'aktiv' but the correct way as stated is to just extend the aux cable to the combox.

Also, there is a function key word

CDMM_USB_AUDIO_DOUBLE which is qualified for:

COMBOX+USB+HANDYMP3,KOMFORT_TEL

maybe setting it to aktiv enables both aux... I have no idea though.
THANK YOU!!! I purchased my M3 and paid for the COMBOX to be installed for bluetooth audio, etc. Recently I purchased a touch screen (android) CIC display which does the audio via aux and I had no sound from it. After spending some time trying to recode, I found this and the CDMM_USB_AUDIO_DOUBLE set to aktiv worked for me!!! Now for a DAC
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #26
GtiGyver
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey E90 328i MT

Not sure if I'm trying to do the same as you guys, but is there a way to get both the front and rear AUX functional (radio + combox respectively) and selectable in the iDrive menu?
I tried the options above and they did not seem to help.

I have and want to keep $6FL and just wish to be able to connect an iPod while still having a separate AUX for use with other devices.

Last edited by GtiGyver; 07-24-2020 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #27
Hazazzel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

Hello everybody,

Recently i bought BMW E90 320D (2006) which has CIC unit (i suppose retrofitted because i couldn't find any E90 from that year with CIC).

The problem that i'm facing is the both aux ports (glovebox and armrest) are not working ( i tried to connect them with 3.5 to 3.5mm cable with iphone xs max, iphone 5S, ipad mini, huawei_ and nothing happens, when i select External devices -> AUX -> there is no sound. I checked volume, checked everything, but still no sound.

In the glovebox there is also an USB port, which is working fine for listening to music from usb (although i can't inport the songs, it gives me the message that there is no USB in the glovebox, but yet somehow i can listen to that music ?!)

While searching online i also found on terms like MULF2 and COMBOX, i checked my trunk below the carpet and there is none of them i cant find anything. I have option to connect my phone with bluetooth but only for calls, not for audio.

Could anyone help me solve this problem? My idea is to connect the phone with AUX and listen to some better radio online (via tunein for example)

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:47 PM   #28
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

No surprise that is the way it suppose to work .
6FL means aux and USB come from the mulf 2 hi or combox.
When you don't have it then the AUX comes through the Head
Unit .
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #29
Mc 007
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Hello
Have similar trouble,E92 with CCC & mulf(no high,no usb),now i have combox & CIC and my AUX don’t work,also microphone isn’t working,no one hear me
Wires to AUX comes from the head unit
How i need to code everything?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #30
Jpbernier
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Xdrive

Is this thread still alive? I have same problem

I know this is quite an old thread - wondering if anyone who posted here originally is still monitoring. My '11 328i Xdrive seems to have the same problem as described here (no iDrive screen tho, just the basic radio/cd player). It does have the Combox (S6VC) and USB/Audio (S6FL) features. I've tried multiple aux cables, even replaced the aux-in/usb plug in the armrest. Aux-in shows up as an option on the head unit, but no sound when anything is plugged into it. USB audio plays great through and old iPod.

I took the car to the dealership thinking maybe they could reprogram it - which they did, and a lot of dollars later told me that the Combox was bad so I bought a salvaged one from eBay, and it has the identical problem as the original one. I thought it was unlikely they were both bad in the same way. Next I bought a Veepeak reader, and BimmerCode, but there is no mention whatsoever of the Aux-in, much less the actual S6FL code itself.

In summary, is the only way to fix this with NCS Expert, and the $90 cable? If so, that's fine, but I don't want to spend another hundred bucks on something that isn't going to fix the problem. I'd really like to be able to connect my phone to this car to stream music.
Appreciate 0