E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ABS lights after bearing change

02-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Ask92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i, Supra

ABS lights after bearing change

I attempted to do the rear bearings on my 2007 335i a while back but ended up taking them off and having a shop press them out and in(they said the old ones were pretty well frozen in). I bought the 335i kit off ECS and made sure they pressed them with the black facing inward. Of course while taking the axle out I made the mistake of hitting the head without the nut on it and screwed the threads up so I had to buy a used axle from a junkyard(The speed sensor gets its reading from the bearing not the axle correct?) After reinstalling I am getting an ABS code and no speed from my driver side wheel(When the passenger side spins the speedo jumps, when the driver side does the speedo doesn't move). The ABS sensor of course looks fine and it was tucked away as I did the install so it didn't hit anything. Just wondering what may have caused this?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #2
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask92 View Post
I attempted to do the rear bearings on my 2007 335i a while back but ended up taking them off and having a shop press them out and in(they said the old ones were pretty well frozen in). I bought the 335i kit off ECS and made sure they pressed them with the black facing inward. Of course while taking the axle out I made the mistake of hitting the head without the nut on it and screwed the threads up so I had to buy a used axle from a junkyard(The speed sensor gets its reading from the bearing not the axle correct?) After reinstalling I am getting an ABS code and no speed from my driver side wheel(When the passenger side spins the speedo jumps, when the driver side does the speedo doesn't move). The ABS sensor of course looks fine and it was tucked away as I did the install so it didn't hit anything. Just wondering what may have caused this?
What brand bearing did you fit? There was an issue with Timkens for a while..
Appreciate 0