E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > how to check for worn suspension and clutch plates/flywheels

02-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
tomgwuyn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 6spd

how to check for worn suspension and clutch plates/flywheels

My e90 330i 6 speed has 106K miles. In the last one year it went through some bad potholes (thanks to the worst roads in upstate NY) . When it hits the pothole, it sounds very badly like a blast and feels like a very bad damage to the car. The radio sound also stops for a second and then turns on.

How can i check the suspension for wear/tear and other problems? and how to know how much life is still left. If I need to replace , what all suspension components do I need to replace and how much would it cost? I am currently on my winter tires and the car is swaying from side to side at higher speeds (above 60 mph). I am guessing bad rims. But this was not the case when I had my all season tires. Mine is a staggered setup and am planning to switch to all season tires this March end after repairing the rims.

Have the same question for clutch plate and flywheel too.I've missed pressing the clutch a few times (around 6 to 10 times) when changing gear causing clutter sound and wrongly shifted (from 5th to 3rd/5th to 2nd ) a few times. But I did not accelerate too much to go to the redline rpm. Since I am driving stick for the last one year only, I am seriously thinking if I would have made any damage to the clutch . Do I need to look for any symptoms/wear in clutch?

Anything else should I examine based on the above issues?
Appreciate 0