E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Occasional Engine Malfunction Reduced Power

08-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
gentooguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Alpine White

Occasional Engine Malfunction Reduced Power

Off and on when cold starting in the morning I've been getting reduced engine power errors. Car occasionally struggles on cold start. Restarting the car after getting the error notification always resolves the issue and I can start and drive the car normally. When the error is thrown I get the following codes below. I noticed it more after really long drives and the car sits overnight.
Please help! Already replaced fuel filter. Thinking about replacing the low pressure fuel pump and fuel pump sensor next. Let me know if that's on the right track.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
gentooguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Alpine White

Well changing the High Pressure Fuel Pump fixed the issue for anyone that was wondering.
This is after changing out the low pressure fuel pump and low pressure fuel sensor which helped for a bit but didn't really solve the underlying issue. These cars Fuxxcking suck ass! BMW should be ashamed of themselves for making such a crappy car! I've already replaced the fuel pump 5 times. This is the 6th pump I'm on and I have the latest revision. I'm out another $800 just for the HPFP alone. That doesn't include all of the other parts and sensors I replaced.

Reliability is clearly not their thing anymore! Screw em! I'll never buy a BMW again.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

I was going to say .. You high fuel pump drop to 72 psi on two occasions... But that does you no good now. ...
Appreciate 0