E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 LCI Headlight Conversion Help

06-23-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
BIMMER_Tech 631
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i TIAG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
E92 LCI Headlight Conversion Help

Hey guys, so any help or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I have a friend whose going from a 2011 335i to a 2008 335i.

Before he gets rid of the other car, he was interested in swapping over the LCI headlights.

I know this is quite the project, but he decided to get started, all in all the hood, headlights etc have been swapped.

I am familiar with coding, but can not seem to figure out which posts are correct and which are just made up of misdirecting information, so here is the issue.

The LCI headlights, now on the Pre-LCI car have a continuous flicker in both AE and Turn signals. I went into the FRM and tried coding out both Hot & Cold monitoring for both AE & Blinkers with no success.

The AE work fine when the car is in ACC mode, however once the car is turned on and running for about 30 seconds, they start to flicker. The headlights themselves work fine but the problem lies in the AE & turn signals.

Now I'm familiar with how LED's work compared to filament bulbs, and am aware this problem is most likely being caused because the car is not seeing enough voltage in the harness which is causing the flickering, however I was under the impression, just like other lights on the car (side markers etc..) that if the hot and/or cold monitoring was coded out, the problem would cease.

If anyone has performed this and has any information that would help, please let me know.

Is it something as simple as taking the FRM3 out of his 2011 and swapping it over to the Pre-LCI or is it something complicated like rewiring headlights.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White BMW 335i convertible

Bumping this old thread as I am currently going through the exact same thing. Would be great if someone can give some guidance (haven't seen much about this in 2018 so would be good to see if there are any updates to this retrofit)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
kidsbmw335ituner
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_335i View Post
Bumping this old thread as I am currently going through the exact same thing. Would be great if someone can give some guidance (haven't seen much about this in 2018 so would be good to see if there are any updates to this retrofit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_335i View Post
Here is a YouTube video that might help, also a LED video by the same person all including the coding.

Appreciate 0