E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > help me pic the right stuff

06-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

help me pic the right stuff

no poll, no choices, jsut tell me what will work
ok well here is a couple I found and considering
PSS9
KWv2
koni yello with H&R

here is my goal, I have E90 with sport and I want to drop the car a bit and I would like it to handle better(obviously). however, my main goal is for the comfort(smoothness, bump ability, whatever) to remain the same if not better, or not much worse.
My car is my daily driver and our road are not the best so I dont want to feel like I am on my deere mowing my yard.
any help please.
by the way I am putting 19" dpe's too?
Dennis
      06-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

After a couple of months of fiddling, I have finally found a good feel for the fronts, but the rear is still haunting me, Ive had no luck and with me having to pay a shop everytime I want to adjust them, I would suggest you shy away from Koni Yellows.

If I had it to do over again, and in a couple of years I just might, Id go for PSS9.

If youre not too concerned about having a really low car, you can consider the Koni FSD/Eibach combo. It will give you a butter smooth ride and great handling. It just sits up a bit too high for me, but if I get pissed off enough at my Koni's I may just do it and just live with a slightly higher car.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Koni fsds. Or wait for Bilstein ride control cockpit adjustables (likely to be pricey though)
Appreciate 0