E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Strange behaviour windows

12-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
ArmaNineTSeven
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320dA Sport 2012

Strange behaviour windows

Hi guys my first post here, so if I don't conform with guidelines just let me know!

So I have a BMW 320dA E90 from 2011 (LCI). Great car, no questions there. But I think there is an electrical issue. When I want to roll the windows down with my key, only the rear windows roll down(didn't try up now I think about it). Also... when in the car, I can 1 click the front windows down, but not back up. I have to manually hold the button until the windows are rolled back up again. I also noticed that when I get in the car and close the doors, or pull my key out after driving that the door ground lights are on, when the doors are closed. Is this normal behaviour?

BMW says there are no fault codes sooo.... they don't do anything about it so far 😂
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Ian mead
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 m330i

Have you tried re-setting the one touch.

Take windows down and hold window switch for 5-6 Sec.
Do the same going upwards also.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyan_fransen View Post
...320dA E90 from 2011 (LCI)...When I want to roll the windows down with my key, only the rear windows roll down(didn't try up now I think about it). Also... when in the car, I can 1 click the front windows down, but not back up. I have to manually hold the button until the windows are rolled back up again. I also noticed that when I get in the car and close the doors, or pull my key out after driving that the door ground lights are on, when the doors are closed. Is this normal behaviour? BMW says there are no fault codes sooo.... they don't do anything about it so far 😂
Welcome to the Forum!

Shame "BMW" in your part of the world doesn't have people who know how BMW's actually work, or can't explain it in your language. The window situation you describe is common, and does NOT set any Fault Code. It is simple to correct yourself per the TIS procedure linked below.

The "puddle lamp" behavior/behaviour is as it should be. The lights stay on for a time, until you put the remote in the slot or activate ignition, and SHOULD fade out within one second of doing that.

Your front windows simply need to be (1) normalized or delete previous initialization & then (2) Reinitialize or perform new Initialization. YOU can perform these procedures yourself with NO equipment or software needed (although INPA can perform these procedures). Simply follow the procedures set out in this TIS link:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ulator/HmL0y0i

Your rear windows are controlled differently than the front, so you do NOT need to "Initialize" rear windows which are controlled by relays in the JBE (Junction Box Electronics Module).

Sounds like you need to be able to get proper reference documentation yourself due to ??? "professional advice." Attached is a "Handy E9x References" pdf that contains links to FREE reliable information about your BMW. The Bentley & TIS resources are particularly essential. If you haven't read your Owner's Handbook, I would suggest doing so. The pdf also contains a link to a site where you can download a "searchable pdf" format Owner's Handbook for quicker info lookup.

George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Handy E9x References.pdf (217.1 KB, 30 views)
Appreciate 3
      12-10-2018, 03:08 AM   #4
ArmaNineTSeven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian mead View Post
Have you tried re-setting the one touch.

Take windows down and hold window switch for 5-6 Sec.
Do the same going upwards also.
I'm gonna try it as soon as I leave work
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:11 AM   #5
ArmaNineTSeven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Shame "BMW" in your part of the world doesn't have people who know how BMW's actually work, or can't explain it in your language. The window situation you describe is common, and does NOT set any Fault Code. It is simple to correct yourself per the TIS procedure linked below.

The "puddle lamp" behavior/behaviour is as it should be. The lights stay on for a time, until you put the remote in the slot or activate ignition, and SHOULD fade out within one second of doing that.

Your front windows simply need to be (1) normalized or delete previous initialization & then (2) Reinitialize or perform new Initialization. YOU can perform these procedures yourself with NO equipment or software needed (although INPA can perform these procedures). Simply follow the procedures set out in this TIS link:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ulator/HmL0y0i

Your rear windows are controlled differently than the front, so you do NOT need to "Initialize" rear windows which are controlled by relays in the JBE (Junction Box Electronics Module).

Sounds like you need to be able to get proper reference documentation yourself due to ??? "professional advice." Attached is a "Handy E9x References" pdf that contains links to FREE reliable information about your BMW. The Bentley & TIS resources are particularly essential. If you haven't read your Owner's Handbook, I would suggest doing so. The pdf also contains a link to a site where you can download a "searchable pdf" format Owner's Handbook for quicker info lookup.

George
Waw thanks man, great explanation. I'll try this aswel when I'm out of work. Really appreciate the effort you put in to help. I'll keep the tread updated when I tried it!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Nerve
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E90

I was having the same problem.. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 03:50 AM   #7
ArmaNineTSeven
Rep

I tried it multiple times with no luck... in the last step of the process when I need to 1 touch up the window it still doesn't work, and when the window is up again, I can't get it down again until after like 10min when the car is off.. also tried it on multiple windows, they all got stuck for a good 10 min ��
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 05:25 AM   #8
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaNineTSeven View Post
I tried it multiple times with no luck... in the last step of the process when I need to 1 touch up the window it still doesn't work, and when the window is up again, I can't get it down again until after like 10min when the car is off.. also tried it on multiple windows, they all got stuck for a good 10 min ��
Front Window Re-initialize? https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247984

Try it this way.

If it doesn't work, then you need a new motor. They are not cheap
Appreciate 0