Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Bent VMR Wheels - Anyway to fix?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

Bent VMR Wheels - Anyway to fix?

Hit a small pothole going about 35mph and bent the lip on the 2 left side wheels of my VMR V810 19s.

Went to a couple of Alloy repair facilities and was told that they can't fix it because the bends are on the outer lip and if they attempt, it will crack the lip.

Wanted to see if anyone has any luck with getting something like this repaired.

They do not leak any air, nor vibrate/shake, it's just aesthetics.

A bit disappointed that a small pothole and a relatively slow speed can bend these.

I bought the car with these wheels and they are fairly new, maybe about 18 months and now I may have to shell out some money to get them replaced.

Any suggestions on getting them repaired would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I'm surprised they turned you down. Seem like an easy repair, but those guys are seeing this on a daily basis and I'm sure they know what they re talking about.

Good thing is that VMR wheels are fairly cheap, and replacing it may be a better option simply from the cost perspective.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Another member has had multiple issues with his VMR wheels but they seemed to have great customer service. Although you’re not the original owner, I’d reach out to them and explain your situation.
      12-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
I'm surprised they turned you down. Seem like an easy repair, but those guys are seeing this on a daily basis and I'm sure they know what they re talking about.

Good thing is that VMR wheels are fairly cheap, and replacing it may be a better option simply from the cost perspective.
Yea, a couple of reputable places both said the same thing. There really aren't any adverse effects on the wheels, just aesthetics, which I'm very anal about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Another member has had multiple issues with his VMR wheels but they seemed to have great customer service. Although you’re not the original owner, I’d reach out to them and explain your situation.
I tried contacting them through their facebook page, but haven't gotten a response as of yet. I'll give them another day or so before reaching back out. At this point I'm ready to look into replacements, either for these 2 bent ones or just get complete set of something else.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2siast View Post
There really aren't any adverse effects on the wheels, just aesthetics, which I'm very anal about.
What?

Just because they haven't left you stranded yet, doesn't mean they won't. I've made some questionable decisions as far as patching well worn tires, etc. but all things considered, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving on rims int that condition under any circumstances.
Appreciate 0