E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2006 BMW 330i 6mt w/ BMW Performance Suspension

08-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
jo6522
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6MT

2006 BMW 330i 6mt w/ BMW Performance Suspension

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 10,000.00

Item Interest
Current mileage is 96000, miles are subject to change. I have a company vehicle but this one still gets driven occasionally.

For sale is my 2006 BMW 330i, for which I am the third owner. I purchased it directly from the second owner, my cousin, in March 2018. The car is in excellent, well cared for condition and needs nothing mechanically. A change in circumstance necessitates a new truck and I can no longer keep this vehicle as a result. I really enjoyed this car the short time I had it and my cousin was a fanatic about maintaining and detailing the car. Seeing as how it has only been four (4) months since I purchased the car, I have basically posted what he said about it. He knows way more about the history of the vehicle than I do, but I do have all the records including three original keys that all work. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. He is aware of the sale and more than willing to answer any questions I throw at him. It has been a fantastic car the last four months and I hate to part with it. Thanks for looking!!

I have the complete service records including from the original owner and my cousin maintained it using the "Mike Miller old school" maintenance schedule. I will pass along my original folder of all service records, as well as the original owner's European Delivery pictures of the car in the factory/driving around Germany.

VIN: WBAVB33526PS06863

Options:
1. Sport package (sports seats, steering wheel, sports suspension)
2. Premium package (leather power seats, power folding mirrors, Homelink transmitter)
3. Heated seats
4. Metallic Titanium Silver paint
5. Satellite radio prep
6. European delivery option (original owner)

Upgrades/changes:
1. BMW Performance Suspension Version 2.0, installed July 2013 ( @53k miles). This kit, from BMW, contains new performance shocks and springs as well as all the assorted hardware needed for the swap. The ride is slightly firmer and slightly lower than the factory Sport suspension.
2. Four 18x8.5'' (rear size) style 162 wheels installed for a square stance to allow for tire rotation. 245/40/18 Dunlops (with 21k miles, purchased Oct. 2015) all around.
3. Upgraded Meyle HD front control arms (Nov 2012)

Maintenance:

1. Transmission/differential/power steering fluid flush (~50k miles, Dec-Feb 2012-13)
2. Waterpump (Nov 2014)
3. Valve cover gasket (Mar 2016)
4. Spark plugs (Mar 2016)
5. Oil filter housing gasket (Mar 2016)
6. New battery + registration (Jan 2018)
7. New "Takata recalled" driver airbag (Jan 2018)
8. Front and rear brakes (Jan 2018 & Aug 2017, respectively)

Highlights:
1. This is the last year top model 3 series with a naturally aspirated engine. All later models either went to the turbocharged engines (335i and beyond) or were the lower model (the 328i, until 2013).
2. 6 speed manual, a dying breed and an utter delight the drive, especially coupled with that smooth naturally aspirated BMW inline 6.
3. Hydraulic steering. See Motor Trend's description below. Don't take my word for it.
3. Non-iDrive/navigation: this is one of the best things I decided on. My father also had an 06 330i but with iDrive/navigation and it became very clunky/buggy/slow. I love the clean look without it and the usable small cubby where the iDrive controller would have been.
4. Always garaged, always premium fuel, shortened oil change intervals

This is an almost twelve year old car so there are some cosmetic imperfections. First, the front bumper lower edges have scratches as my cousin's driveway was very steep. The rear bumper was backed into in 2014 while parked and has a touch up spot. There are other small blemishes but are pretty minor. Patina really.

Please feel free to ask questions. I have a lot of pictures and can take more if you would like.

The car was recently tinted...I live in Central Florida and it's hot....it's 15% all the way around.

Please contact me using email also: Owensredbarnlabs@gmail.com.

From Motor Trend's Long Term Wrap Up of a 2006 BMW 330, read here::
"We stood united in gushing over the 3's sublime steering and handling poise. Look up the word "fluidity" in the dictionary, and you'll find a picture of the 330i. The wheel-a wonderfully meaty three-spoke design-responds to your hands like a...well, like a precision German instrument, which it most certainly is. The ride tends toward the hard side, but not uncomfortably so. And it's all but impossible to upset the chassis-come pothole or tar strip, the 330i keeps its feet planted. There's real magic inside those wheelwells."

Price: $10,000

Last edited by jo6522; 08-09-2018 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Add mileage
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #2
bdadokay
Rep
Drives: 330i

mileage?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
jo6522
Registered