E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rebuilt 2011 e92 335is

03-30-2022, 09:21 PM   #1
1-clean3
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335is

Rebuilt 2011 e92 335is

I am in the market for a 335is and I have come across one the only issue with it being it has quite a history. The car has a branded rebuilt title from a wreck. Carfax says that it was considered “moderate” damage to the driver side front fender and bumper. This was back in 2017 this happened. In 2018 there was a vehicle “vehicle fire”. Seller says that the battery melted and the carpet and wiring harness was replaced and car was back running within a week. Also has pictures from the sellers previous owner to back that up.

Car is extremely clean and you couldn’t even tell that it has a history like said. Some details on the car it is a 2011 335is 113k miles Alpine white with a red interior with a DCT and iDrive. Exterior has carbon fiber accents and interior has a carbon fiber steering wheel. Car has full bolt ons and all of the common maintence items have been replaced including new oem turbos. kwv2 coil overs and fully upgraded suspension and drilled slotted rotors.

How much would you pay for this car? If I can get a good enough deal
on it I plan on pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 10:13 PM   #2
crosbyblue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
I was in a similar situation as you with my 2011 E92. It had about 10k in damages spread out throughout its life.

What I did was get the work order from the body shops & dealers it was serviced at. Actually seeing the itemized list for the damages put my mind at ease (one was $2,500 for a headlight assembly, yikes!). If I didn't have the CarFax pulled, I never would have known and my car hasn't had any issues related to the repairs.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

Yeah rebuilt titles are funny. My car is a rebuilt title (work performed by me). It was totaled for a front corner hit. Bumper, fender, headlight, and one control arm. I could have fixed in a weekend.

Instead it took me 5 months because I also complete drivetrain swapped an N54 into a wagon.

I think once the history of rebuilt titles gets lost thats when the real skepticism starts. Like the first buyer might get pictures or a background but once that stuff gets lost with a new buyer that's when the value really tanks and people understandably are apprehensive. The further a car gets from when it was totaled also helps in my mind, but I'm probably more analytical than most buyers. OP I don't know....10k? 335 prices are all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-clean3 View Post
I am in the market for a 335is and I have come across one the only issue with it being it has quite a history. The car has a branded rebuilt title from a wreck. Carfax says that it was considered “moderate” damage to the driver side front fender and bumper. This was back in 2017 this happened. In 2018 there was a vehicle “vehicle fire”. Seller says that the battery melted and the carpet and wiring harness was replaced and car was back running within a week. Also has pictures from the sellers previous owner to back that up.

Car is extremely clean and you couldn’t even tell that it has a history like said. Some details on the car it is a 2011 335is 113k miles Alpine white with a red interior with a DCT and iDrive. Exterior has carbon fiber accents and interior has a carbon fiber steering wheel. Car has full bolt ons and all of the common maintence items have been replaced including new oem turbos. kwv2 coil overs and fully upgraded suspension and drilled slotted rotors.

How much would you pay for this car? If I can get a good enough deal
on it I plan on pulling the trigger.
If the car is local, check it out/test drive/PPI. If it’s a hike, make an attempt to go out there and do the same as I’ve mentioned. Link?
Appreciate 0