E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Iphone disconnecting while playing song or navigating albums...

01-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Iphone disconnecting while playing song or navigating albums...

Soo I am having playback issues with my iphone 3gs. (latest firmware using the bmw y-cable) One day, out of nowhere, my iphone just disconnected during a song. I tried to reconnect in the idrive menu but it wasn't listed there as usual. Then after a few seconds it reappeared in the device list but every time i tried to navigate the songs or albums the phone randomly disconnected. From then on every time I try to play a song from the iphone it disconnects randomly, usb pen drive works fine. Most recently I went to get a haircut, sat morn, it was working fine on the way there, but when i got back in the car to drive home it was again disconnecting after 30 seconds of playing a song. Then my fiancé and i went to a florist and i couldn't get a song to play at all. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I have the same problem with my Ipod Mini. It disconnects and/or it won't show up at all under devices.
It used to happen on my E46, and I always blamed the Ipod for being an older model, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
smith335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I used to have that very same problem. only with the iphone 3gs. which firmware version are you using?
Appreciate 0