E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Car Wash in Chicago

12-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
mlx52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Coupe

Car Wash in Chicago

Now that Chicago has seen a fair share of snow, and the accompanying salt on the road, my Jet Black car has turned grey. I am looking for a good car wash in the city that will get the salt off without scratching the paint. I live by the Gold Coast Wash on Orleans, but I am worried that the salt will scratch the paint when the brush goes over it. Does anyone have experience with the Gold Coast wash, or recommend another one in the city?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
omg516
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

I always use Simon's Shine Shop located in Lincoln Park. They are right behind the Webster Theater. It's wash and dry, tire dress, interior vacuum, wipedown the dash, blast the floormats, and basically make your car look brand new for 19.99. It's a bit pricey, but its a hand wash and they always use freshly washed mitts so as to not scratch your finish. I think they have a coupon for like $2 off on their website also.

www.simonsshineshop.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
audiprotein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi a4

For the past couple of months i go to those where you wash by yourself. It is actually really good.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

any wash will scratch your car...the only way to not get swirls is to wash it yourself with micro fiber towels and top products being careful...you need a grit gard also so grit doesn't get back into the sponge to wash the car...i use only zymol and p21s products mostly with some super thick plush micro fiber huge towels....they work great...i have never put swirls on my car after a wash!!! never...don't listen to people on here any car wash that touches your car will cause swirls esp on a black car!!!! goodluck!!! you better have at least a couple coats of wax on that baby or your in for even more trouble with swirls and such!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

if i lived downtown, i would be going to my friend's shop:

http://www.CHICAGOAUTO.net/

$15 includes the following: vacuum, windows, wash, clean wheels and armor-all (if needed)

a lot of my friends swear by their service and for that amount of cash (and service), you'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal. just tell him Mike from ETK sent you

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0