E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Hi from MI

12-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Hi from MI

Thought I would finally post up an official hello to all the Great Lakes area Bimmer buffs! I have been lurking around these forums for a few months now; doing all the research I could, planning out what mods I like and what will work for me. Other than picking up some LUX 4.0 when they are available in January, the dealership said they would hook me up on the whole M kit, painted and installed. Ill post some pics once the weather improves a bit!

I ended up trading in my 98 Jeep Wrangler sport (loaded to the teeth for off-roading) and my 01 Subaru Impreza WRX (daily driver) for a shiny CPO 06 E90 330xi. Have to say I don't even missed my old cars at all… in fact I find myself waking up earlier in the mornings so I can take the longer more scenic route to work =] This is a great resource here and I look forward to being a regular part of the community!

Cheers,
Charlie

12-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

Welcome! There is probably a closer BMWCCA chapter, but if not, consider the Cleveland chapter.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Congrats! The M kit is the only way to go!
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post
Welcome! There is probably a closer BMWCCA chapter, but if not, consider the Cleveland chapter.
Thanks, I found http://www.michiana-bmwcca.com/ and I have family that lives in SW Michigan, not to far from Michiana! Maybe this summer can organize a meet/BBQ up at my family's lake house just north of Travers City, some fun roads up there and plenty of great spots to stop and get some good scenic photos with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauderek;
Congrats! The M kit is the only way to go!
Yah, I like the look of the Aero kit on the 2008's but haven't fount anything as sexy as the M front and rear with the CF splitters/diffuser for the e90's.

Your Euros are so clean looking, that is the one thing I have been debating. The $$$ could be used so many places other than replacing something thats not broken... BUT man, they look so nice! Think I'm just going to get some silver bulbs for the time being.
      12-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

welcome to the forums! I am very active in the Miami, FL area being a founding member of soflae90.com. We are growing very rapidly. I will be in Michigan over the summer, so perhaps we can get a meet set up sometime.
      12-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
sounds good man, I'm so looking forward to some warmer weather. Got out and took some pics this weekend though, just playing around town.

Last edited by Back in a Subie; 12-25-2007 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

Hi from Cleveland! What do I need to do to join the Cleveland CCA? I just got here.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
gloster
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
Hi from Cleveland! What do I need to do to join the Cleveland CCA? I just got here.
Welcome Adrian! Here's a link to the chapter's website. You can get the info there. Let me know if you have any issues.

http://www.nohiobmwcca.org/
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

is the michigan cca very active?
      12-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #10
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
is the michigan cca very active?
They seem to be active (I have nothing to compare it to though), looks like they hold activities every couple months. It seems like they had a fall color tour and just had a xmas party... so probably not as active as some, but they are defiantly not inactive by any means.
      12-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #11
gloster
Captain
Rep

Cleveland chapter is active. Biggest upcoming event is a bus trip to the Detroit Auto Show. I'm wimping out and not going.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi330xi View Post
Your Euros are so clean looking, that is the one thing I have been debating. The $$$ could be used so many places other than replacing something thats not broken... BUT man, they look so nice! Think I'm just going to get some silver bulbs for the time being.
Thanks a lot. Yeah it is an expensive mod, but I think it makes a huge improvement in the look of the car. Worth it, to me. I want to get better rims, next summer though.
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #13
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
well it goes in for 35% tint all around tomorrow, and I have ordered the led turn signals, the xenon interior light kit, drivers door lock-cover and LUX 5.0s. I'm sure there will be more pics to come lol.
      12-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Thanks, I found http://www.michiana-bmwcca.com/ and I have family that lives in SW Michigan, not to far from Michiana!
Hey welcome to the forum Mi330xi, and thanks for posting that link. I never knew about that club. I wish there was a club in the Detroit area (maybe we should start one?), but its good to know of others in Michigan. The fall tour write-up on the front page sounds pretty cool - and funny.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
maybe we should start one?
hum, is an idea. We would also fill a little gap between the Cleveland chapter and the Michiana chapter. We are close enough we could all still work together, possibly even host each other at an event in our respective states (Woodward Dream Cruise or Mac Bridge run possibly?)!

After some research i found:
http://www.bmwcca.org/Chapter/Forms
http://www.bmwcca.org/Chapter/Forms/...rQuestionnaire

would need to get a few more onboard it seems.
      12-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #16
gloster
Captain
Rep

Alternatively, you could start a satellite/special interest group of either the Michiana or the Cleveland chapter. That way you could piggy back on their newsletter, website, etc. but still hold some local events.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #17
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
hum, is an idea. We would also fill a little gap between the Cleveland chapter and the Michiana chapter. We are close enough we could all still work together, possibly even host each other at an event in our respective states (Woodward Dream Cruise or Mac Bridge run possibly?)!

After some research i found:
http://www.bmwcca.org/Chapter/Forms
http://www.bmwcca.org/Chapter/Forms/...rQuestionnaire

would need to get a few more onboard it seems.
Yep, well there are lots of people on the forum who might be interested. Actually when I said "We", I referred to everyone on this forum and in other forums who have been at past get togethers. Currently there is an effort started to become more organized, just for people who are known BMW enthusiasts in Southeast MI. It is possible you will be contacted about it soon.

Not sure if a new club is a feasible idea or if there is even interest but its a thought. I wonder how big the membership is for the Michiana group? We could probably get a few dozen to start. Although just having the people is only the beginning - there is probably a lot of work involved in managing the club and finding people to fill all the posts might be a challenge.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post
Alternatively, you could start a satellite/special interest group of either the Michiana or the Cleveland chapter. That way you could piggy back on their newsletter, website, etc. but still hold some local events.
this might be the way to get started, and as we build a member base, move up from there.