E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Catted downpipe options for xdrive?

05-21-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Catted downpipe options for xdrive?

Hello,

I searched the forum first, because I figured there is probably 10 years' worth knowledge on downpipes for this platform. I've been running catless downpipes for the past 8 years or so without issue. However, I would like to get some high flow cats installed in the vehicle (so I can legally register in the right location) Including the options for custom-fabricated solutions, what sorts of high flow catted downpipe solutions are there for xdrive? The tuning shop has given me the options of: under the passenger seat, but that will lower the temperature of the cats, reducing their effectiveness, or further downstream, which is the same problem but even moreso.

Specifically, when I say high flow, I mean parts that can somehow fit 2x of the G sport 500hp catalytic converters (the smallest they have). Since there are two turbos, there would be two of these things.

Apparently there is just zero room to fit the downpipes with the front axles in the engine bay. Are there any other engine bay solutions?

Has anyone figured out any sort of solution to this? If so, are there photos and parts that I could look at?

If this has been previously discussed, I'm eager to see previous threads that may have been made on the topic.
      05-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #2
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Well, it's good to know that this is indeed a completely unsolved problem that no one has attempted. I couldn't find information but I wasn't sure. I will have to become the expert in this and be the one who has a solution to this.