E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > All the lambda errors and intake manifold errors too

10-25-2023, 07:38 AM   #1
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

All the lambda errors and intake manifold errors too

Apologies for long list of codes but I'm struggling here. 2011 N43 2.0i engine. 100k+ miles. I've been trying to sort out whatever is causing the EML for a few weeks now. I'm getting the following fault codes (cleared and coming back):

2AFD - Nitrogen oxide sensor probe signal linear, shear test
2AF8 - Nitrogen oxide sensor probe signal binary, shear test
2C32 - Lambda probe before Catalyst 2, trim control
2C6C - Lambda probe after catalyst, system check
2C7E - Lambda probe after catalyst, trim control
2D2A - Differential sensor intake manifold: adaption
30DC - nitrogen oxide sonsor, heating
2D29 - Differential pressure sonsor, intake manifold: plausibility
2C7F - Lambda probe after Catalyst 2, trim control.

I intially had only the lambda and nitrogen oxide errors. I've replaced all three lambda sensors with new Bosch, but that wasn't it. I've been using a NoxEm for years without issues, but have bought a replacement lambda probe for it, which I plan to do this weekend.

After clearing the faults, the EML comes back on with motorway driving only.

But, I'm thinking either, wiring/connector issues/damage, exhaust leak, intake leak, crank case leak.

Any ideas where to start? Any help much appreciated.

Edit: Car runs and drives perfectly. No misfires, or noticable symptoms at all other then the EML. I do recall smelling a bit of fuel on one of the spark plugs some time ago, so perhaps an injector is leaking and has wiped out the Nox probe. I plan to swap in a spare I have as well as replacing the NoxEm probe.

Last edited by wrongmark; 10-25-2023 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Added more info.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 05:35 PM   #2
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

Update: replaced the NoxEm probe. I modified the NoxEm by cutting the cable and fitting an LSU 4.9 connector. I then purchased the cheapest Bosch LSU 4.9 I could find and it came with a corresponding connector (possibly for a DAF van/lorry?). Anyway the cable was about 6 inches too long but I managed to route it so it won’t be an issue.

All errors gone and haven’t come back after a few days of driving. The car seems to be reading the Nox sensor fine according to my BimmerLink data logs.

I’ll just have to keep an eye on my injectors for any leaking.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Appreciate 0