E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Power Stop K6057 Front and Rear Z23 Evolution Brake Kit

10-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Taktical1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Coupe

Power Stop K6057 Front and Rear Z23 Evolution Brake Kit

Any feedback on this kit? Specifically, will the rotors start rusting and be visible through the wheels like the OEM rotors?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
boosthead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328ix

I dont have experience with this kit on my e90 but I did use a powerstop kit on my wife's car and was not impressed. Bite wasnt as good as stock pads/rotors and I had an annoying vibration from day 1.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
PerfectAce
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taktical1 View Post
Any feedback on this kit? Specifically, will the rotors start rusting and be visible through the wheels like the OEM rotors?
I don't have any personal experience with this kit, but I would recommend against it for a few reasons:
1) The rotors are made in China. Not that being made in China is in and of itself a bad thing, but if we're honest, you're probably not getting the best quality parts, and when it comes to brakes and quality...
2) They're cross-drilled. They're gonna crack. Ask yourself if you really need that cross-drilled swag. The only people that get impressed with cross-drilled rotors are people that aren't worth impressing in the first place.
3) For the same price as that kit, you can get the Zimmerman/Akebono rotors and pads (plus sensors) from FCP with free shipping and a lifetime warranty. The Zimmerman rotors are made in Germany and are coated to prevent that unsightly corrosion that concerns you.
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3763.50