E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Bad Salesperson

09-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #23
Hed
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991

I went to my local BMW store where I have bought an Mroadster, BMW540ia, M3 and a X5 4.4. All since 1998. I took my wife to possibly buy her a 3 series convertible. The salesman was a young guy. I hadn't seen him before because it's been a couple of years since my last purchase ('03 M3). My old salesman had left the dealership. This guy was one of only like 4 people there, not including the manager. Anyway, we spec'd a car and the salesman said he would call us at our home. He did call a few hours later and told me what he could find us. We discussed a particular car and he said he would get back to me. He never did. We ended up buying a car from another BMW dealership 100 miles away, instead of the local dealership this guy worked at.

So a few months later I stop by the local place and see the 335i coupe. The same guy comes out, vaguely remembers me and offers to take me on a test drive. So we go on a test drive and he wants to know if I'll buy the car today. I told him I have to speak with my wife first. We get back from the test drive, I give him a list of colors and options I would accept and tell him to call me back with what he finds. Guess what, he didn't. So I just called the same dealership I went to last time this happened and bought a 335i coupe. I'll get it on Oct 5th. This salesman is the kind of guy that I, as a business owner, absolutely pray to god I never hire for my own store. I'm thinking of calling the owner and letting him know what kind of people are representing him and his business. What's sad is, they use to have really good people working there.

Last edited by Hed; 09-25-2006 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #24
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Hed, you need to speak to the manager. If he doesn't care, then at least you've done your bit!

Here in Montreal, if the steak isn't done right, we tell the waiter, and they get it right...they want to know! Same with your local delaership. That young guy sounds very Old School!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #25
Hed
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
Hed, you need to speak to the manager. If he doesn't care, then at least you've done your bit!

Here in Montreal, if the steak isn't done right, we tell the waiter, and they get it right...they want to know! Same with your local delaership. That young guy sounds very Old School!!!

I just found out the salesman went to school with the son of the man who owns the dealership. Gee, now I know how he got his job. I will be calling the owner today.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #26
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

my dealership just gives me the keys and tells me, come back when you are ready to come back... We close at ____.... I purchased 3 cars from him in the family and this will be the 4th... MY CAR IN MY NAME, YES!!!!!!! Keeps up with me and calls me back and everything. Bob Sherzer in Essex BMW in Bloomfield NJ
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

U guys are too funny... but honestly, don't blame the CA.. who the hell would want to buy a demo 335i? as soon as you drive it.. its no longer new.. and I would not expected the car I am going to buy is being test drive by someone else... ( i don't care if its 5 or 10 miles on it that you test drive.) Would u want to buy a 335i with 200 miles on it.. and they sell it to you as new? Certain car is label as Demo.. .. i would expected it to be auto anyway.. since.. why would the dealer has 2 brand new car as demo.. one been auto.. and the other is a manual? it makes no business sense...
      11-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #28
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

billmister.. same here.. I know the sales manager for 10 years.. and been through 4 BMW with him... so... I always get the key from them and test drive alone...

funny thing is that sometimes the car is low on gas.. he just hand me some money and tell me have a blast... once i came back too early test driving the x5.. he was like why u came back soooooooo soon.......
      11-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #29
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer
Well you could've told him to his face that you saw manual cars... but maybe those weren't demo cars?

Otherwise if you think he's really giving you the run around then just talk to a manager or different CA.

All else fails, then yea go to a diff. dealer.
Agreed. My dealer has two demo 335 coupes, one stick, one step. I saw a 3rd stick 335 coupe, list was nearly 50, no sold label. My guess is that they don't simply let anyone drive that 50 car, because even if it's not sold, nobody is going to want to pay list on it if it has more than 6 miles or whatever. The stick demo had a "sale" tag on the rearview mirror--$500 off.

I don't think the CA wouldn't want to accomodate you, a sale is at stake. One dealer that gave me a price of over 2k off list said they don't have any cars to drive (335 coupe), and don't forsee having one in the near future. I didn't trust them nor that verbal price quote....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #30
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
seriously, if the car was not a demo, why would they let you drive it? I actually think the dealership was good in not letting people test drive non-demo cars.

When I test drove the Acura TSX, they didn't have a manual demo, so the salesman said, don't worry, we've got a new shipment of cars, let me check. and I got to test drive a brand spanking new car with plastic covers et al, he told me not to remove the plastic covers (the car only had like 5km on it, so I'm sure it would still be marketed as brand new). I drove the car hard, rowing through all the gears...

I know I'd be pissed if the car that I was buying was being test driven before me
word... why would they let u drive the new 335i coupe unless u were considering on buying it? i mean the 335i e92 is their newest model... would they really want to let somebody test drive for teh sake of getting that manual feel back?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0