E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Something interesting on the Owners Circle web site..

11-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
Smalldog
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Question Something interesting on the Owners Circle web site..

So I logged into the Owners Circle today to check on my car which I ordered over a month ago..

It still says "On Order" (the automated system says the same thing, but with no production date scheduled), but now it changed from Space Gray, 6MT, Nav, Sport, Sat Radio to Jet Black, Auto, Nav, Heated Seats, Rear Screen, Sat Radio, etc, etc.

Does this mean that BMW's having problems on their web site, or did the dealer jack my order and give it to someone else?

It's too late to call BMW tonight, so tomorrow morning I am calling BMW to verify that's what the order now is, then I am calling my dealer to see what the deal is..

Smalldog
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
antidentite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: See signature

Owners Circle is a joke. I dont even really know why they make the information available because it seems to be inaccurate so often.

I'd actually call the dealer first, as they have the most up-to-date information.

I have a fully loaded car "on order" and the website lists three options out of the eight I chose at the dealership.

So I wouldnt worry about it too much. Let us know how it pans out.
Current: '17 Porsche Macan GTS
Current: '04 V8 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Mine isn't showing all the options but when I called the 1-800 number and spoke to someone they had everything I ordered in the computer.

Why they even have the OC I don't know. It is always behind.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalldog
So I logged into the Owners Circle today to check on my car which I ordered over a month ago..

It still says "On Order" (the automated system says the same thing, but with no production date scheduled), but now it changed from Space Gray, 6MT, Nav.....
Smalldog,

Any updates as to your situation? I agree with the others...the OC is not always acurate.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #5
ckm1515
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Sport

Quote:

It still says "On Order" (the automated system says the same thing, but with no production date scheduled), but now it changed from Space Gray, 6MT, Nav, Sport, Sat Radio to Jet Black, Auto, Nav, Heated Seats, Rear Screen, Sat Radio, etc, etc.

Does this mean that BMW's having problems on their web site, or did the dealer jack my order and give it to someone else?

It's too late to call BMW tonight, so tomorrow morning I am calling BMW to verify that's what the order now is, then I am calling my dealer to see what the deal is..

Smalldog
Happens all the time. If your dealer had an alloted car in place already and were able to change the specs to your order, then they will swap as long as the status is 112 (I'm almost certain) It takes a while for the OC to update. Happened with my ride. I ordered SG, Terra, Alum, etc but when I initially logged on to site, it said TIAG, burl, etc. Rest assured, no problems. To ease anxiety, call dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
Smalldog
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I contacted the dealership, and I was given the wrong production order number.

The new number has the info, but I still have no "production date," on both the OC and the 800 number.

I called the dealership back this morning, and they show me with a confirmed production week of 51. The CA said it should get here 4 weeks after that, so I've just got to accept the fact that I will not get the car until early February.

I asked if they will still honor the trade-in value of my vechicle and they're checking on that. If they do not, I'll go to another dealership, and probably just take ED. My fiance has family in Regensberg, so if they offer tours there, I'll go there.

This does really blow though. I ordered the car at the dealership on the October 6th, but they said they couldn't enter the order until October 13th, and then would not have a production order number until October 27th.

Initially, when I ordered the car, the CA swore up and down that I would have it between November 14th and 30th.

Well, it looks like he will only be off by 10 weeks or so.

I wonder how many other people ordering their cars are having to wait this long. I thought that when the car was ordered, it went straight into priduction, I didn't know that the dealers allocation was a factor, otherwise I would have gone to a larger dealership.

Smalldog
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
Neon21db
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi Q8

If you haven't paid a deposit yet, I'd try another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006
Mine isn't showing all the options but when I called the 1-800 number and spoke to someone they had everything I ordered in the computer.

Why they even have the OC I don't know. It is always behind.
Yep, OC showed my order as a "Smart Car, Brabus 75HP Edition, 16" wheel downgrade to 13"." I was told not to worry about it, the system is updating...

Just kidding, it never showed all the options, but the CA showed me her screen which did show everything, and also a guy at the 800# read them off to me.

The one thing I must say, is the color is accurate, so if the poster saw the color change, then the 2nd color is true. Mine went from Graphite to Space Gray, with Space Gray being what I ordered.....
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
I contacted the dealership, and I was given the wrong production order number.

The new number has the info, but I still have no "production date," on both the OC and the 800 number.

I called the dealership back this morning, and they show me with a confirmed production week of 51. The CA said it should get here 4 weeks after that, so I've just got to accept the fact that I will not get the car until early February.

I asked if they will still honor the trade-in value of my vechicle and they're checking on that. If they do not, I'll go to another dealership, and probably just take ED. My fiance has family in Regensberg, so if they offer tours there, I'll go there.

This does really blow though. I ordered the car at the dealership on the October 6th, but they said they couldn't enter the order until October 13th, and then would not have a production order number until October 27th.

Initially, when I ordered the car, the CA swore up and down that I would have it between November 14th and 30th.

Well, it looks like he will only be off by 10 weeks or so.

I wonder how many other people ordering their cars are having to wait this long. I thought that when the car was ordered, it went straight into priduction, I didn't know that the dealers allocation was a factor, otherwise I would have gone to a larger dealership.

Smalldog
Something doesn't sound right with what you describe above--forgetting about when they took your order, they said they would enter the order on 10/13. On 10/7 my dealership modified an existing week 44 order for me, and we were looking at beginning of December. How could your dealership be entering an order after mine, and promise you 2-4 weeks sooner?

On the Regensburg plant tour, I was offered a tour in English, in Dec. But I responded that was too soon, and they said they don't have the schedule yet for the English tours in 2k7. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

I ordered mine on the last week of October and got the production # on the 2nd day of November. But the production week is on the 49th because they already used up their November allocation. The OC shows that it is On-Order but the 800 # tell me that it is scheduled for production but with no confirmed date. My CA told me that I will get my car next around January 08 and I am doing VPC.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #11
Backattack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
I wouldn't worry about it... my order is missing all kinds of stuff. At least it has the wood trim the right shade of birch and paint is correct. Called the dealer asking what the deal was and they said that it's all good in the hood.
Appreciate 0